Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This game belongs to Alfred Morris

NikoBellic

This is what happens when you are patient in the rebuild.

That team played with a lot of heart, and they are really gelling right now. But playoffs or not, we know we are still missing some pieces. Think about that. What happens when we add some legit safeties and improve the OL/DL depth just a bit?

As fir this year, these guys are confident, and rightfully so. Bring on Baltimore!

Notice how much better our D looks, when we're running the ball well?

We sustained drives. I've made this point before after games. Our D doesn't look too bad when we actually sustain drives, and we've been so poor at 3rd down conversions in some cases we haven't really sustained drives.

It was nice to see some longish sustained drives and picking up some BIG 3rd downs in the 2nd half of this game.

Clearly, RGIII is important to everything we do w/ all of the fakes, but he played poorly tonight.

The combination of Morris, the OL run blocking, and the D won this game.

Also, Jim Haslett's adjustment in the 2nd half. Going to zone more, blitzing as well, slowed the Giants defense down.

The Giants' play calling was a little suspect. They tried to ice the game by running the ball more but it in reality it played into the one "strength" of the Redskin defense. The defense did a great job to step up and make plays when they needed it most.

I think RG3 has REALLY gotten into the Giant's heads, they're so afraid of him that Morris ranks a distant 2nd and he makes them pay for it.

I don't know how you can say that.

You saw pretty clearly on the one boot leg JPP was diving down the line to stop Morris. He was acting like RGIII was a normal QB.

It was his pursuit of Morris that allowed RGIII to make the big play.

The samething on the Garcon catch for the 1st down in terms of the LBs. The play action, to Morris, froze the LBs, which gave RGIII a nice window to complete that pass.

Good post Niko and I totally agree. Game ball goes to Alfred Morris. We were gettitng 6 or 7 yards each down in the running game. We controlled the clock and kept the ball and methodically drove the length of the field to win this game.

Old school NFC East football. And I loved every second of it.

Morris is a man. He decided to win.

I'm also loving our O-line. Zero sacks that I can remember.

We may have given up zero sacks, but man they have got to keep Robert from getting blasted as much as he is.

---------- Post added December-4th-2012 at 06:59 AM ----------

Can we please just nickname Alfred "The Juggernaut"?

I'm with you slappy434 great name there.

The Giants' play calling was a little suspect. They tried to ice the game by running the ball more but it in reality it played into the one "strength" of the Redskin defense. The defense did a great job to step up and make plays when they needed it most.

Actually, the announcers said a few times that that was part of Coughlin's game plan for us.

He felt like he needed to run the ball against us. To keep the ball away from our O.

Which, to me, was a heck of a compliment to our team. I mean the Peyton Manning. Super Bowl champion, division leading, New York football giants, think that, to beat us, they have to keep the ball away from us.

Actually, the announcers said a few times that that was part of Coughlin's game plan for us.

He felt like he needed to run the ball against us. To keep the ball away from our O.

Which, to me, was a heck of a compliment to our team. I mean the Peyton Manning. Super Bowl champion, division leading, New York football giants, think that, to beat us, they have to keep the ball away from us.

guessing you mean eli manning there. But yea that is quite funny.

The most impressive thing to me last night was the fact that on a vast majority of our offensive plays, the Giants had 8 in the box. 8. And we ran all over them. While our line isn't the hogs, the 'piglets' were getting the job done.

Game ball goes to Morris. I don't disagree with that at all. That fumble could have really crushed him, but he came back stronger than before. So proud of Alfred. The holes were there, but he consistently made defenders miss and have to gang tackle him. That defense looked absolutely beat down after the game. Well done youngin!

Hail!

Not sure if anyone mentioned this/noticed this, but although Morris did fumble the ball, the refs blew the call during the instant reply. It was very typical that the announcer's didn't say anything, but I don't understand how the refs missed this. My only explanation is that I don't understand the rule (although this rule has worked against the Skins in the past). Here is why the fumble should have gone back to the Skins. 1) the ball was fumbled. 2) Morris' foot clearly hit out of bounds (left foot) 3) before anyone recovered the ball and I think before anyone else touched the ball, Morris reached with his left hand and touched the ball. That is it, end of play - as soon as a player that is out of bounds touches a loose ball, the play should be marked as over because the ball is considered out of bounds at that point - the ball should be rewarded to the last team that had possession. That would be the Skins.

Please, if I am wrong about this rule, let me know. If I am right, how did the refs miss this?

---------- Post added December-4th-2012 at 07:08 AM ----------

I think the Giants thought they could run on 1st and 2nd down and run the clock and the just pick up a 1st by throwing on 3rd down. They did it so often last night, I think they thought it would be easy. Our D came through in the 2nd half last night!!

Not sure if anyone mentioned this/noticed this, but although Morris did fumble the ball, the refs blew the call during the instant reply. It was very typical that the announcer's didn't say anything, but I don't understand how the refs missed this. My only explanation is that I don't understand the rule (although this rule has worked against the Skins in the past). Here is why the fumble should have gone back to the Skins. 1) the ball was fumbled. 2) Morris' foot clearly hit out of bounds (left foot) 3) before anyone recovered the ball and I think before anyone else touched the ball, Morris reached with his left hand and touched the ball. That is it, end of play - as soon as a player that is out of bounds touches a loose ball, the play should be marked as over because the ball is considered out of bounds at that point - the ball should be rewarded to the last team that had possession. That would be the Skins.

Please, if I am wrong about this rule, let me know. If I am right, how did the refs miss this?

That's what I thought at first. But on the replay it seemed to me that Morris never touched the ball and out-of-bounds at the same time. Pretty sure SOMEBODY in that pile did, but in the tangle of arms and legs it was difficult to be sure.

Archived