Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 13 - Teams We Want To Win/Lose To Advance

BleedBNG

Why does everyone think Seattle will finish a game ahead of us? I have every reason to believe we're going to win one of the next 2, and sweep the last 3 to finish 9-7. Seattle has 4 very lose able games ahead of them, even including the game against the Bills. The playoff race is WIDE open right now, and a win tonight will be MASSIVE for us.

There was talk on Sirius NFLRadio this morning that there may be scheduling "conflicts" and the Seasquak's corner's appeal may not be able to be heard this week and will be eligible to keep on playing until there is "time" to hear them. Tucker said it seemed VERY fishy that they are able to do this when usually it's an immediate suspension' date=' for most teams and players. Tucker (he absolutely correct) said this sets a very bad precedence for the NFL, the story of Goodell's tenure. HTTR[/quote']

The usual routine is that players are suspended immediately AFTER the appeals process has taken place. However, in this instance, everyone's favorite weasel Adam Schefter leaked a report that the two players had tested positive and will be suspended.

The NFL doesn't release anything official until after the appeal is completed but with people like Schefter lurking around, the whole players' privacy thing goes to hell. So chalk this up as the one and only time I will defend Goodell.

I don't see the Rams or Cards travelling to Safeco and coming out with a win. Seattle is probably THE best home team save only New England. We just have to hope for SF to bring their A game when they play and that the Bills want to play spoiler when the Seachickens head out that way. Really, we just have to hope we can run the table for the remaining 5 games. I see us winning either 3 or 2 of our remaining 5 but damn, I'm as hopeful as the biggest Homer out there. Let's dispatch the Giants first! HTTR!

So I asked this before but no one answered it and that is if we win out and Seattle loses 1 more game and we tie, don't we own the tie breaker because we have more NFC wins?

If you look at the Seahawks schedule and our schedule, both teams could potentially wind up with the same record in- and out-of-conference. It is still way to early to tell which way the tiebreakers are going to go because of all different ways the rest of the season could play out.

You can check out how complicated all the tiebreakers may get here: http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

I don't see the Rams or Cards travelling to Safeco and coming out with a win. Seattle is probably THE best home team save only New England.

Not that it matters much, but the cards did beat the seahawks already and they also beat New england in NE....so I think it is possible for the cards to win.

Not that it matters much, but the cards did beat the seahawks already and they also beat New england in NE....so I think it is possible for the cards to win.

Hey I'm definitely all for them (AZ) to win, and they did almost blank the Jets yesterday (not that it's a Herculian feat). I want the Seachickens to revert to their historical form down the stretch as much as you do!

If we take care of business tonight, the way the schedule breaks down for us and NYG, we can win the NFC East with a 9-7 record (if we let one get away), 10-6 sounds alot better though, right???

HTTR

I agree. I think the simplest path to the playoffs is winning the division. It might not even require a better record than the wild card now that Green Bay and Seattle have 8 and 7 wins. Winning tonight even opens the possibility of taking the East with 8 wins.

Giants (7-5): New Orleans, @Atlanta, @Baltimore, Philly

Redskins (6-6): Baltimore, @Cleveland, @Philly, Dallas

Cowboys (6-6): @Cincy, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, @Washington

I could see the Giants losing their next 3 and then beating Philly. It's not likely for New York to lose 4 in a row, but each individual game is a realistic loss. I could also see both Dallas and us splitting the next 4 meaning the East would come down to tie-breakers at 8-8. Odds are, one or two of us will end up with 9 wins though.

There are virtually no realistic scenarios if we lose tonight though, other than "win 4 in a row and see what happens".

We can still make the wild card if we win out (doable), but the Seahawks have to lose to two of these three teams. Cardinals, 49ers, and Rams.

That's why I believe Seattle's win in Chicago changed tonight from a statement game to a must-win if we are entertaining playoff aspirations. I don't see a realistic wild card scenario for us that includes a loss to the Giants tonight.

I glad the Skins won to stay in the division and wildcard hunt, but it still ticks me off that they have to put their destiny in the hands of other teams. Hopefully, somebody comes up and really puts a number on the Seahawks and Giants. It's definitely possible, but it sucks to have to hope for something like that instead of controlling your own fate.

I glad the Skins won to stay in the division and wildcard hunt, but it still ticks me off that they have to put their destiny in the hands of other teams. Hopefully, somebody comes up and really puts a number on the Seahawks and Giants. It's definitely possible, but it sucks to have to hope for something like that instead of controlling your own fate.

We basically control our own destiny man. If we go 10-6 the percentages for us to NOT make the playoffs are incredibly small. Yes, technically we don't control our own destiny yet, but if we win out, we're in. Book it.

Where it gets tricky is what happens if we finish 3-1. Then, we need some help and for things to shake out in our favor...but if that one loss is to Baltimore or Cleveland, we'd still have a pretty decent chance.

Surprising stat: the Seahawks are 0-3 in their division so far.

That's right, they haven't won a game against the Rams or Cardinals yet.

A small hope...

The Cardinals aren't going to win another game this year unless a high school opponent shows up on their schedule.

The Seahawks win Sunday (and vs. the Packers, of course) was a killer for WC chances.

That's why I believe Seattle's win in Chicago changed tonight from a statement game to a must-win if we are entertaining playoff aspirations. I don't see a realistic wild card scenario for us that includes a loss to the Giants tonight.

If Seattle can take the Cards, they will definitely be looking to beat the 49ers for the division. I could see them losing to the Rams if they don't beat SF.

Archived