Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 13 - Teams We Want To Win/Lose To Advance

BleedBNG

So here is how I'm seeing it, Redskins get to 9-7, and the Seahawks lose one of their games, we are in, is that correct?

If we're 9-7, they need to drop 2 and we need to own the tiebreaker (which I think would be record against common teams, if I'm not mistaken). If they drop one, we need to win out and again, own the tiebreaker. If they win out, we're out.

If the tiebreaker is common teams, we might be in trouble, they're 3-1 (played Dallas, St. Louis, Carolina, and Minnesota so far, have another St. Louis game to go), we are 2-2 (played Dallas, St. Louis, Carolina, Minnesota, with Dallas to go). So yeah, they need to lose, and specifically to St. Louis, while we need to win against Dallas. I think that's how that tiebreaker works. If that happens, we tie it up, 3-2 in common opponent games.

If tiebreaker gets to NFC opponents records we're both 5-4 against NFC, with 3 games to go each in the NFC. They have Arizona, San Fran, and St. Louis, while we have NY, Philly, and Dallas.

So yeah, Seattle needs to lose to San Fran and the Rams. The Rams need to beat Tampa and Seattle, but drop Minn and Buf. I'm not worried about Minn, they have 6 losses and still have to face the murderer's row that is Chicago, GB, and Houston.

I know it's all moot if we lose, but I'm a sucker for calculating scenarios. I'm the guy who would sit around in menus for hours min-maxing parties in videogames, so this is "fun" for me, even though it ultimately means nothing if we lose.

Although Seattle winning hurts, it doesn't mean the Seahawks are a shoe-in. They still have SF left, albeit at home, who's only 1.5 games up in the division now. The 49ers are going to play hard if they want to win the division. Buffalo, their only road game left, won't be a cupcake either. All that being said, the Skins need to care of business tomorrow night and play for the NFC East because the Vagiants don't have a easy schedule at all.

minnesota and tampa bay lost and the seahawks won, so I believe that the skins game is a must win on monday night so that we can maintain a game out from the wildcard and also within a game of the division crown. I'm really starting to like our chances to make the playoffs, a far cry from three weeks ago. HTTR!

I don't know. I don't think we are going to catch the Seachickens. I'd like to have faith, but we dug ourselves too deep a hole with losses to the Lambs and such. We HAVE to beat the G-men tomorrow, to restate the obvious. I'm hoping they don't go on one of their trademarked runs. As far as Dallas, we might have to wait until week 17 to give them the coup de grace.

10-6, we're in. 9-7, maybe. But its easier if we just focus on winning the division. 4-2 or 5-1 in the division should do it for us. (It goes without saying, we have to de-bone the Eagles and crush the Cowboys again as well, no mean feat).

but thats saying that we will beat the giants tomorrow night. AND the Ravens next sunday. one of these two could happen, or both. honestly, i'd just take it one game at a time.

The team can take it one game at a time. But I'm a fan and get the luxury of looking at the big picture at all times. It's what fans do!

---------- Post added December-2nd-2012 at 05:52 PM ----------

Let's hope the Ravens win tonight.

Why what does that do for us?

Why what does that do for us?

If the Ravens win tonight, they clinch a playoff spot and basically own the division. It doesn't mean much for us except that it could make them a little less intense next week with that bit of relief. Plus, could lead to them overlooking us in favor of that matchup with the Broncos for the #2 spot.

Not much, but it's better than them losing and coming in pissed and a little more deperate.

If the Ravens win tonight, they clinch a playoff spot and basically own the division. It doesn't mean much for us except that it could make them a little less intense next week with that bit of relief. Plus, could lead to them overlooking us in favor of that matchup with the Broncos for the #2 spot.

Not much, but it's better than them losing and coming in pissed and a little more deperate.

Wouldn't mean they would rest starters does it? If so then that would be huge.

---------- Post added December-2nd-2012 at 06:04 PM ----------

well, it does keep some fans from getting let down if the team doesnt win tomorrow night (or wins tomorrow night but doesnt win next sunday)

Well if you're a fan aren't you going to feel let down when your team loses regardless? Like, unless you're a Raiders fan or something...

Right! I never understand when fans tell fans to take it one game at a time. We dont play the game.

:ols:

Thank you! It annoys me to no end to see people commenting on this. WE DONT PLAY the game like ST said. We can look as far or as short as we want to. The only thing that makes sense sometimes is not getting your hopes up to high, otherwise there is no reason as a fan you cant look as far ahead as you want.

Archived