Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 13 - Teams We Want To Win/Lose To Advance

BleedBNG

I think some here are overlooking the high probability that we will get a Saints loss, a Minnesota loss, and a Tampa loss all in the same week. That is GREAT regardless of Seattle's win.

Agreed, but it only takes one team to be ahead of us for the 6th seed. Right now, I don't see how Seattle doesn't get it the way they're playing. I honestly think we have a better shot at the division than we do the 6th seed.

I think some here are overlooking the high probability that we will get a Saints loss, a Minnesota loss, and a Tampa loss all in the same week. That is GREAT regardless of Seattle's win.

Seattle was probably the most important one based on the amount of home games they have left.

Obviously there are a lot of scenarios still in play, and obviously we need to do our part. Big win for Seattle today, but much like us, they have laid some eggs this year and still have 3 division games and a road game in cold *** Buffalo. If they win 3 of their next 4 they will have earned it.

I think our best chance is still the division simply because of their schedule. Probably need to win out, and definitely win 4 of 5. Hoping Seattle loses two, or Giants somehow someway fade against the schedule ( i know small chance). Not counting out Minny and Tampa, but I think Dallas has a better chance than they do based on schedule.

Chances of winning out or even 4 and 5 are slim, but its fun to speculate anyway:pfft:

We know that, but gotta love media hype. Luck's ESPN QBR will probably go up 100 points based on this game alone.

As much as I want the Redskins to make the playoffs, I hope at least RG3 takes ROTY if we don't make it so I won't feel like this year wasn't another year being without some kind of recognition for our team.

In an 8-game span Luck has faced the Jets, Browns, Titans, Dolphins, Jags, Pats, Bills and Lions. They were destroyed by the Jets and Patriots. I would love to see this offense get a crack at those defenses Luck has faced.

Agreed, but it only takes one team to be ahead of us for the 6th seed. Right now, I don't see how Seattle doesn't get it the way they're playing. I honestly think we have a better shot at the division than we do the 6th seed.

4 games left... Anything can and probably will happen.

They are on paper. But we usually fold.

But if things keep going the way they are, we would hold the 6 seed until you guys play tomorrow. Then if you win, youre 6 and were 7. Pretty awesome either way!!!

And there is a lot of football left to play, every team in right now could fall out and new teams could be in. This is the closest race I think I have ever seen. I'm just happy that my Redskins are finally a part of this, it has really sucked finishing at the bottom and being out of the playoffs by week 8 for so many years lol.

What is the first tiebreaker if Skins/hawks both finish 9-7?

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.

If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head, if applicable. (N/A, they didn't play)

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference. (Right now Skins 5-4, Seattle 5-4)

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four. (St. Louis, Dallas, Carolina, Minnesota: Skins 2-2, Seattle 3-1 so far. Skins have a game against Dallas and Seattle against St. Louis to go)

Strength of victory.

Strength of schedule.

Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

Best net points in conference games.

Best net points in all games.

Best net touchdowns in all games.

Coin toss.

I don't care to delve into the rest right now, because there's too much of the season left. But we need a better conference record, which we should have if we want to get to 9 wins.

Seattle is not a team to bank on losing @ home. They're one of the toughest outs when they're playing at Safeco so we can't bank on them losing there. They DO however have the Niners once and the Bills on the road. They're schedule is definitely softer than ours the rest of this season. 3 of their last 4 are at home so I'd say we aren't going to catch them, they are a much more balanced team than we are at the moment.

Got to hope SEA lays an egg agsinst @ BUF and lose to SF at home.
What we really need to hope for is the Redskins to just earn it and beat down NY and the remaining 4 teams in their way. Enter the Playoffs as "Division Champs" and on a winning streak. If they continue playing like they have the last 2 weeks, that will be possible.

---------- Post added December-2nd-2012 at 05:13 PM ----------

The Seahawks win should light a fire under the Skins butts...

Beat the Giants to stay in the hunt of a WC and the division. A loss and a WC is the only real shot and even that would be real slim.

Just win Monday night!!!!!

Yesss!!! Lets just take over this Division and lite up every ass that's in our way from here on out. Damn it we can do this!

We needed Seattle, Tampa Bay, Cowboys, Vikings, and Saints to lose this week. Vikings and Saints lost, Seattle won, and we're still waiting on Tampa and Cowboys.

Interestingly, St. Louis is clawing their way back into the wildcard race. They're 5-6, own the tiebreaker on us, and play Tampa, Seattle, and Minn. Ideally, they'll knock off Seattle or Tampa, (Minn is at 6 losses and we own the tiebreaker, hopefully they drop another on their own), and lose another couple. That Buffalo game they have will be huge, if they drop that, and one more, then win 2 more, they could help us a lot, but they have to lose two more first.

NO is officially out, their best hope is 9-7 and we own the tiebreaker there. Minn is one loss away from the same spot.

Seattle is scaring me. At 7-5, we need them to drop 2 of their remaining four games, but they've got the Cardinals, Buffalo, San Fran again, and St. Louis. They probably drop one, but two, among that group, is going to be tough to see.

The race is rapidly approaching a point where we need to go perfectly 5-0 to have a shot. Not that it was ever any other way. We need to crush the midgets tomorrow now more than ever.

So here is how I'm seeing it, Redskins get to 9-7, and the Seahawks lose one of their games, we are in, is that correct?

they only have 5 loses. right now, we have 6 loses. if we lose one more and get to 9-7, then Seattle would need to lose 2 of their last 4 games. We need to win out and HOPE they lose one more to have a shot.

Archived