Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 13 - Teams We Want To Win/Lose To Advance

BleedBNG

Wouldn't mean they would rest starters does it? If so then that would be huge.

---------- Post added December-2nd-2012 at 06:04 PM ----------

Well if you're a fan aren't you going to feel let down when your team loses regardless? Like, unless you're a Raiders fan or something...

hmm. not all the time. if we play GREAT but lose in the very end tomorrow night, it will suck a little bit but i wont be let down, because i will know we are good enough to play the giants down to the 4th quarter. if we come out flat tomorrow after the past 2 weeks, then yes i will feel let down.

Wouldn't mean they would rest starters does it? If so then that would be huge.

Most likely no. Now, it could mean that they're more willing to give some banged up guys a day off if needed for more important games coming up. And like I said, it's always better to face a team with almost nothing to play for than a team that badly needs a win.

But maybe it means they split carries with Rice a little more, so he's not as worn down and banged up for the playoffs.

Maybe it means that some of their defenders get an extra breather here and there during the game, so as not to wear them out.

Maybe if means that if Boldin or Smith tweaks his ankle, he just takes the rest of teh game off as a precaution, rather than toughing it out for the rest of the game.

Are any of those guarantees? By no means. After all, they still won't have the division clinched and they can improve or lose seeding based on the game. But if you're guaranteed the playoffs, there might be a little less urgency to win, a little less willingness to aggravate a minor injury, a little more sloppiness as they try a new wrinkle here or there that they haven't practiced a lot to see if they work.

And in the end, sometimes all it take to win a football game are those kind of minor, seemingly inconsequential things.

Seattle win hurts. You've got to tip your cap to Russell Wilson in that one...amazing job.

All of this is just noise anyway. As long as we curbstomp the Gnats tomorrow night I could care less.

Yeah, it looks like the path to the postseason is winning the division. The Skins need to win tomorrow for the chance to stay alive

The Suggs injury looked serious...we could face the Raves next week without him.
Wow everything is beginning to fall into place for the Redskins, it's starting to look like that luck and favor that playoff teams have with them is beginning to fall upon the Washington Redskins. We absolutely have to win tomorrow night, the excitement in Fed Ex will reach a whole new level.

5 in a row, and we will go!

I'm still bitter about the Seahawks pulling it out. They only have one road game left, but it is east coast. I suppose they shouldn't have lost to Miami last week, so it's kind of a wash, but still...I can't believe that we could go 10-6 and still get shut out.

For once I'm not really concerned. With RG3 I feel like we have the ability to be in every game. The Giants don't scare me, having Pierre Garcon back will prove to be huge. I'd like to think the D learned their lesson from the last game against NY and no bull**** plays like that will happen again to Cruz. We can and will win this game. Would be great to see Philly upset Dallas though.

ah, i think its cause they are currently 3-0-1 in their division (tied the 49ers a few weeks ago) and we are 2-1 in our division cause we havent played our game this weekend yet. i think if we win tomorrow night (we will be 3-1), then we will move ahead of them. same with dallas too, unless dallas loses.

I'm still bitter about the Seahawks pulling it out. They only have one road game left, but it is east coast. I suppose they shouldn't have lost to Miami last week, so it's kind of a wash, but still...I can't believe that we could go 10-6 and still get shut out.
If we go 10-6, we will most likely win this division and have the 1st playoff game at home.

May the football Gods turn their wrath on the Seattle Seahawks, they made the playoffs with the worst record ever! In no way should they cause any 10-6 team to ever miss the playoffs, even a 9-7 team. They still have to play the 49ers and they will lose that game, and maybe the Rams game as well. They shocked the 49ers and me today lol.

ah, i think its cause they are currently 3-0-1 in their division (tied the 49ers a few weeks ago) and we are 2-1 in our division cause we havent played our game this weekend yet. i think if we win tomorrow night (we will be 3-1), then we will move ahead of them. same with dallas too, unless dallas loses.

I assumed that was a mistake cuz 5-6 > 4-7-1 and even if we lose tomorrow 5-7 is still better.

WTF am I missing if im wrong

Archived