Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 13 - Teams We Want To Win/Lose To Advance

BleedBNG

Keep this in mind too, if we win tomorrow, New York has a very tough stretch of Games in a row, the Saints, Falcons and Ravens. If they drop 2 of those three and beat the Eagles lets say, they will be 9-7 and will be 3-3 in the division. If we win 4 out of our 5 final games, the loss being against the Ravens/ Browns, were 5-1 in the division. While slightly unrealistic, it could happen.

I will also toss out another scenario that I don't think people are discussing...

Da Bears play the Vikings, The Packers, The Cardinals, and The Lions. If we are talking about running the table, is it not possible that Da Bears could drop 3 of their last four games? It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility. They like to take late season dumps.

Every time I look to the remaining games int he season, i feel like i lose sight of the game immediately in front of us. Let's take it a game at a time and focus on the Giants before we start worrying about running the table or the schedule of other teams.

Skins are getting hot at the right time. Everyone thinks the gnats will roll us but forget last season and how tight we played them earlier this year! Haslett owns Eli!
That's the main factor in this sport, it's who is hot late in the season, not in the start of it. The Redskins are coming together and firing on all cylinders, and they are a very dangerous football team for anyone to play right now.

NY doesn't even realize they were almost beat by the Redskins having 5 turnovers last meeting. That was stressed all week in practice and NY will get lit up and pounded if the Redskins play mistake free football, even only 1 or 2 turnovers less the last game and Redskins would have won.

I think we break at least 30 on NY this game, and they only lay 16 at the most on us.

NFC East Championship, your glory is starting to shine towards Washington!

In 2007 and 2011, yes, but people never mention 2008-2010.

2008: 1-4, plus first round playoff loss

2009: 2-2, no playoffs

2010: 2-2, no playoffs

I'm so tired of this myth that they are the kings of December every year...more like every four years.

Thank you. I thought I was the only person who noticed this.

That Seattle wins sure didn't help our cause. And they're in good position for the 6th seed.

What didn't helped us also was the fact the cowboys win. Sure they have an awful schedule, but ours isn't that easy, and the Giants one is even worse.

Starting with the 6th seed, the seahawks have:

Cardinals, @Bills, 49ers and Rams. three division opponents at home, against whom they wen 0-3

They also own the tie-breaker over the Vikings, which makes me thinks, that the Vikes are on the losing end of the tiebreaking procedures, and thus, are not much of a concern if they don't win out.

Problem is that, the Seahawks can win their remaining games. Cardinals should be an easy win, 49ers took a crushing blow against the rams and are heading toward a nice QB drama between Kaepernick and Smith. Sure, the 49ers are supposedly better, but they're not as impressive as they used to at the beginning of the season. Rams on the other hand are just nasty and I still don't know what to think of them. They can go from worst to best... I'm never sure how will they show up on any given sunday. So, their only loss might come from the Bills, but that's not a given thing.

Furthermore, considering the 49ers will be playing the Dolphins, a game they should win, then the Patriots, that will be tough for both teams. We can reach a point in Week 16 where Seattle and the 49ers might fight for the division. And what happens if the Seahawks own the division? So far, every one was nearly sure that the 49ers would clicnh the division, but the 49ers loss against the Rams and the Seahawks win against the Bears, nearly put the Seahawks in the same place as us right now. They have a shot at the division, I'm pretty sure they're not gonna surrender it without a fight.

Bucs, have the Eagles, @Saints, Rams and @Falcons. They can go 9-7 here, with a loss against the rams or the saints. Winning in ATL wouldn't be as much of a surprise as the Falcons will probably rest their starters having clinched homefield advantage since.

Vikes' remaining schedule is awful: Bears, @Rams, @Texans, Packers. Add the fact they have don't hold the tiebreakers against the seahawks and us, and even standing at 6-6, earning a playoff berth for them will be tough.

Which leads me to the Rams. Vikings, Seahawks, Bucs, all will have to play for the Rams. They will also play @Bills in Weeka 14. But if we root for the aforementioned team to lose, somewhere, the Rams will win some games. And if they do. They might finish at 9-6-1 and owns us in the tiebreaking (in case we make a tie somewhere). That won't be easy for them. But I don't want to discard them right now. After all, they just swiped the 49ers.

Then, let's go back to our great division.

And let's start with the Giants. First they have to lose against us tonight. We'll have a hard time , but they also. Other than that, let's talk about a rough schedule: Saints, @Falcons, @Ravens, Eagles. Which means, they can go 2-3 (winning the Saints and Eagles) Ending at 9-7.

Now, let's not discard the Cowboys. Sure we bet them. Sure they look scrappy at time. Sure they have Romo sits to pee, or whatever. Still they are in the run, and are not giving up. Especially since they have: @Bengals, Steelers, Saints and finally us at Fedexfield. I'm not gonna call this at a nightmare. Could be easier, but the Cowboys can get away win a few wins, maybe even three.

Then all of a sudden, our Week 17 game against the Cowboys could mean a division crown for the winner.

Considering the Seahawks win, I think that our best shot at the playoff starts with the division crown. Not the 6th seed.

Thank you. I thought I was the only person who noticed this.

Glad to see that. I knew the Giants had choked away just as many Decembers as played well.

In fact the better they play leading up to December the worse they seem to do in it.

Ok for Seattle are they not without the two star cornerbacks for their last four games that will have a big impact on them, or did they end up not getting suspended? Also don't we beat Seattle in a tie breaker (assuming we win out and they lose one) because we have a better NFC record or am I wrong about that? I was pissed when they won!

Ok for Seattle are they not without the two star cornerbacks for their last four games that will have a big impact on them, or did they end up not getting suspended? Also don't we beat Seattle in a tie breaker (assuming we win out and they lose one) because we have a better NFC record or am I wrong about that? I was pissed when they won!

They appealed the suspensions so they were cleared to play yesterday.

The Seahawks have been getting on my nerves the last couple of years. They took us out in the playoffs in 05 and 07, they get to host a playoff game with a 7-9 record, and of course the "Fail Mary" against the Packers. They seem to get all the breaks.

They appealed the suspensions so they were cleared to play yesterday.

The Seahawks have been getting on my nerves the last couple of years. They took us out in the playoffs in 05 and 07, they get to host a playoff game with a 7-9 record, and of course the "Fail Mary" against the Packers. They seem to get all the breaks.

There was talk on Sirius NFLRadio this morning that there may be scheduling "conflicts" and the Seasquak's corner's appeal may not be able to be heard this week and will be eligible to keep on playing until there is "time" to hear them. Tucker said it seemed VERY fishy that they are able to do this when usually it's an immediate suspension, for most teams and players. Tucker (he absolutely correct) said this sets a very bad precedence for the NFL, the story of Goodell's tenure. HTTR

They're going to finish one game ahead of us thanks to the GB game. I have no doubts.

As disappointing as that would be, I would be so excited about the future if we claw our way to within a game of the playoffs in year 3. That would mean we ended the season 8-8 or 9-7 after starting 3-6 and it would really have a 1981 feel to it.

Archived