Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 13 - Teams We Want To Win/Lose To Advance

BleedBNG

So for now, let's just concentrate on taking care of business on MNF.

Yes, please. We haven't won three games in a row since 2008 and the Skins can't afford to lose any more than 1 game the rest of the way, especially the one tomorrow night. I think I've just been against this thread since the start considering only two games ago, the entire ES site was dedicated to firing (blank) or starting over with a new regime. Let's just go get it done tomorrow night and we can all go from there.

Our destiny is in our own hands, all we have to do is take care of the few opponents left in our way, and we will definitely be one of the seeds in the playoffs and most likely NFC East Champs. Plain and simple we can't trust teams like GB and others to help us, they got their asses handed to them last week in a game they wanted revenge from the playoff loss to NY. The Vikings are starting to smack them around as I'm typing this :doh:

We need the Seahawks to lose to the Bears and to the 49ers and hopefully to the Rams.

it would be nice if the Rams could also beat the Bucs.

I think the Vikings will lose a few.

Mainly we have to beat the Giants today, and avoid losing more than one game during the regular season.

We need the Seahawks to lose to the Bears and to the 49ers and hopefully to the Rams.

it would be nice if the Rams could also beat the Bucs.

I think the Vikings will lose a few.

Mainly we have to beat the Giants today, and avoid losing more than one game during the regular season.

We don't play the Giants today.

Far as I'm concerned, nothing outside the NFCE matters.

We either win the division, or we don't. I don't see anybody getting a wild card out of this division.

----------

Oh, and as to "we need to be focused on this game"?

I think it's a safe bet that every player, and every coach, remembers our last game.

Everybody is gonna be focused, this week. No additional motivation needed.

The only benefit I can see from a Vikings win today is that, if the Redskins win tomorrow, we're only 1 game behind the #5 seed at worst. And if it's the Vikings that have that #5 seed, even better for us since we beat them. We'd have a better conference and division record than the Seahawks and the Packers, and we already beat the Bucs. So if somehow in 3 weeks all 5 teams (with us included) were 8-6, we'd hold the #5 seed (if not the division at that point).

A Vikes win requires a lot more to break in our favor going forward, but it also leaves us in a better position if we get those breaks.

We either win the division, or we don't. I don't see anybody getting a wild card out of this division.

Then you aren't really looking. A wild card is a high possibility considering how all the wild card teams are playing right now and considering how the Redskins are too. Even Aikman said he likes the Redskins to get in on the last wild card during today's Packers/Vikes game. Not to mention that considering today's results so far....all we need is a win and a bucs loss to have control of the last wild card by Monday night.

Archived