Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time for another streak to end. Redskins 0-6 vs Cowboys on Thanksgiving

21MadFan

I am so excited for this game. I have never been to an opposing team's stadium to watch the Skins before and now I am going to the mecca of them all.

I like to think I will feel like Indiana Jones in The Last Crusade when he sneaks into Germany and gets pushed into the Nazi crowd and ends up face to face with Hitler. Only in this scenario Jerry Jones is Hitler and he isn't going to sign anything of mine.

Tony Romo sits to pee 5-0 on Thanksgiving Day ;)

We're right in Romo sits to pee's wheelhouse for this game. He is pretty on point in November AND on Thanksgiving.

---------- Post added November-20th-2012 at 01:47 PM ----------

I like to think I will feel like Indiana Jones in The Last Crusade when he sneaks into Germany and gets pushed into the Nazi crowd and ends up face to face with Hitler. Only in this scenario Jerry Jones is Hitler and he isn't going to sign anything of mine.

:ols:

It would have to be a Redskin playbook that he signs or something. In the movie, Hitler unknowingly signs Indy's journal that he's looking for. Awesome visual.

God, wasn't either Wuerfel or Matthews the QB in 2002?

Could have been Patrick Ramsey, too.

For some reason I recall them bringing in Ramsey at the end of the game to throw a hail mary because Wuerffel couldn't throw it more than like, 20 yards. :ols:

How far we've come at the QB position...

I too only remember the 90,96 and 2002 games.

2002 was a game featuring two teams that stunk and very much resembles the game coming up. The Redskins were 5-6 going into this game and the Cowboys were 4-7. The Redskins had just won in an upset over the defending NFC Champion Rams and there was talk that if the Skins beat Dallas, a wildcard was still very possible. Our QB was Danny Wuerfel who threw 3 touchdowns (only TDs of his Skins career) and 3 interceptions (including the game changer midway through the 3rd quarter). The Cowboys were quarterbacked by Chad Hutchinson who we made look like a decent QB. The Skins led 20-10 midway through the third and were looking good for a win until Wuerfel, back up near his own goalline, threw a pick to Roy Williams who returned it 5 yards for th touchdown. The Cowboys went on to score 10 more points in the 4th to win 27-20 and starting the Redskins on a 3 game losing streak which ended the competitive portion of the 2002 season.

I was at the 2002 game and the crowd was completely out of it for most of the game. I forget what happened (must have been the INT during the 3rg Q) and boom, it was like someone turned on a switch, and during the commercial break they pumped that crowd up with videos (like historical memory type stuff) and all, and it was like attending a different game up till the end. You would have never thought we ever were in the game the way it felt leaving.

We beat the Cowboys, giants lose to the Packers and the following week we play for first place...

thats the Math

---------- Post added November-20th-2012 at 03:18 PM ----------

If Cooley could just have one more great game on Thurs and put us on top...what a great career highlight that would be!

it would be, it will all come down to the pass ruch on Homo,

Skins offense will do their part

Thanksgiving vs the Cowboys can only bring back memories of 1974 and Clint Longley. I remember being at my grandparents house and a nervous wreck as that game was unfolding......at 7 years old!!

Yep I was 11...Actually cried! We knocked Staubach out of the game and in comes..who??????????? I was so ticked at Mike Bass!

That game set the tone for my Cowboys hatred the rest of my life...LOL

We can beat the girlz....what better way to introduce a national tv audience to our qb and rb than a win over jerrys boys. Our d is going to have to have a solid game as we know Romo sits to pee will throw, and throw, and throw some more. Really bad week to lose meriweather.....

Archived