Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Congratulations to RGIII, Only the 3rd Perfect Passing Game in Skins History

Eparadox

I'm surprised I haven't seen this by Oldfan yet, but that deep ball to Robinson that RG3 threw was so beautiful in part because he threw it flat footed. He didn't step into it or anything, just wound up and let it go. 49 yards!

Hell, even on the Moss TD pass he had to scoot left first and was a bit off balance and didn't get completely set before he threw it. And that thing went 65 yards in the air. Freakin' cannon that guy has.

He was awesome yesterday. We lose this game 17-13 or something without Griffin. He's that much of a difference maker.

However :) I think the stats do over-inflate his performance a little. He is still trying a little too hard to be a hero when there's nothing there. His completion percentage should have been lower because a couple times he should have thrown the ball away. The most glaring example was the completion to Garcon at the end of the half, that cost us valuable seconds and lost us yards. That's a play that after three or four seconds you toss it out of the back of the end zone and get ready to take another shot. He also took quite a few hits he shouldn't have taken, such as the one that the Eagles were flagged on. It was nice to get the flag, but what small comfort that would be if it knocked Griff out for a few weeks.

To be sure, these are minor gripes, but when words like 'perfect' are being thrown around I think they need to be pointed out.

Of which MANY argued vehemently against to the point of calling those of us that did see the once in a generation special talents of the top two guys fanhood into question for openly wanting loses in a dead season to get our man.

How would all of those guys feel now if we had won more games and had no Robert this and future years? I can but imagine the meltdown without the hope of Grriff under center this year.

Hail.

We paid the exact same price for Griffin that Cleveland, who lost more games than us and picked ahead of us, was offering. Those few wins people were bemoaning last year didn't matter at all in getting Griffin.

So I'm glad we won them.

I'm surprised I haven't seen this by Oldfan yet, but that deep ball to Robinson that RG3 threw was so beautiful in part because he threw it flat footed. He didn't step into it or anything, just wound up and let it go. 49 yards!

I swear, I don't even think his arm moved. It was so fast, it was like all he did was flick his wrist, and a second later the ball was in Robinson's hands.

He was awesome yesterday. We lose this game 17-13 or something without Griffin. He's that much of a difference maker.

However :) I think the stats do over-inflate his performance a little. He is still trying a little too hard to be a hero when there's nothing there. His completion percentage should have been lower because a couple times he should have thrown the ball away. The most glaring example was the completion to Garcon at the end of the half, that cost us valuable seconds and lost us yards. That's a play that after three or four seconds you toss it out of the back of the end zone and get ready to take another shot. He also took quite a few hits he shouldn't have taken, such as the one that the Eagles were flagged on. It was nice to get the flag, but what small comfort that would be if it knocked Griff out for a few weeks.

To be sure, these are minor gripes, but when words like 'perfect' are being thrown around I think they need to be pointed out.

I guess I'm remembering our QB's the past couple of years, like JC for example, and remember how I wished someone would light a fire under their ass to MAKE something happen or show ANY kind of emotion. That just makes me love and appreciate all the effort RG3 puts into making something out of nothing even more!

I guess I'm remembering our QB's the past couple of years, like JC for example, and remember how I wished someone would light a fire under their ass to MAKE something happen or show ANY kind of emotion. That just makes me love and appreciate all the effort RG3 puts into making something out of nothing even more!

Oh don't worry. I'd still take Griffin over Campbell ... and pretty much any of the other QBs we've had over the past 20 years ...

... combined. :)

Thought he was 14/15? Anyway, I wonder what the minimum?

He took some sacks today instead of throwing it away... probably could do a better of job of throwing out of bounds...

Tandler wrote the minimum is 20 passes so this won't count in any official records.

Don't get me wrong, I get that Andy Reid is the bigger story from yesterday...

but during a 3-minute segment about the redskins/eagles games, there wasn't a SINGLE mention of RG3 and his nearly perfect game. Rookie QB's first game against a divisional opponent, and he throws 4 td's and a 93% completion rate. And yet they didn't show a single highlight of Robert or the Skins...all Nick Foles and Andy Reid. Gotta love the 4-letter network...

Butu if that was TONY Romo sits to pee who threw 4 TD's and nearly perfect completion percentage, the media would be slobbering all over the Cowboys and they'd have 3-minute breakdown segments of Tony Romo sits to pee's mechanics and decision making.

Especially after Luck threw 3 more picks today. Which is the grand total of RG3's picks all season thus far.

Luck's also got 135 more attempts, to be fair. He's putting it up 45-50 times a game on a regular basis.

---------- Post added November-19th-2012 at 09:18 AM ----------

but during a 3-minute segment about the redskins/eagles games, there wasn't a SINGLE mention of RG3 and his nearly perfect game. Rookie QB's first game against a divisional opponent, and he throws 4 td's and a 93% completion rate. And yet they didn't show a single highlight of Robert or the Skins...all Nick Foles and Andy Reid. Gotta love the 4-letter network...

Butu if that was TONY Romo sits to pee who threw 4 TD's and nearly perfect completion percentage, the media would be slobbering all over the Cowboys and they'd have 3-minute breakdown segments of Tony Romo sits to pee's mechanics and decision making.

Yeah, I caught that too, it was all Eagles.

I swear, I don't even think his arm moved. It was so fast, it was like all he did was flick his wrist, and a second later the ball was in Robinson's hands.I guess I'm remembering our QB's the past couple of years, like JC for example, and remember how I wished someone would light a fire under their ass to MAKE something happen or show ANY kind of emotion. That just makes me love and appreciate all the effort RG3 puts into making something out of nothing even more!

This. Emotion and heart. I'm so happy!!

Andrea Mitchell came onto Morning Joe with a smile...Scarborough said she's just happy about the Redskins!!

Hail!!

Did anyone else think our receivers were hot garbage yesterday? The Moss and Paulsen TDs were the only plays our pass catchers made all day. The only time anyone really got open was when the coverage was totally botched. Nobody was getting YAC either. Also the pass protection was shoddy and the running game never really got cranking.

I can only imagine what Griffin would have done with better play from his teammates. This guy is the ****ing man.

I agree. BTW it wasn't his first game against a divisional opponent, that came against the Giants.

Another thing for thought, it seems Robert steps up for divisional games especially. It's only 2 games but I think his 2 best games this year were Giants and now Eagles. Saints was a big stage too and he stepped up for that as well.

So does a Thanksgiving Day game, back in your college's home state rank as a big game? I am sure Robert will be ready. I hope everyone else wearing B&G comes to play!!

I realize that everybody always have aspects of their game they can improve upon, but Id say Robert is ahead of the curve in his decision making. Just sayin'...

I completely agree, but like you said, there's always room for improvement. Trust me, if his "bad" decision making means more 14/15 4 TD games, I'll take that every day and twice on Sunday.

I'm just picking nits though.

---------- Post added November-19th-2012 at 02:29 PM ----------

Luck's also got 135 more attempts, to be fair. He's putting it up 45-50 times a game on a regular basis.

What's the INT % though? Griff's is probably better.

If you had written that before yesterday I would have said that it was a terrible idea to force throws downfield because we don't have the receivers who can win those jump balls. Who knew that five-eight, 85 year-old Santana Moss still could do that?!

Robert's performance was sensational. I hope we can get the kid a better supporting cast soon. He's so much fun to watch.

It was very Steve Smithesque wasn't it?

YOu guys see this?

Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_TandlerCSN

Had #RG3 thrown away 5 passes to get to NFL minimum of 20 att. he still would have had a perfect QB rating. http://ow.ly/foOCP #Redskins

Edit:

Aww man, I just saw this which he tweeted later

Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_TandlerCSN

I stand corrected, must have plugged something in wrong. RT @brharo: not true. 5 more incomplete passes would have give home a 141.7 rating

D'oh!

I completely agree, but like you said, there's always room for improvement. Trust me, if his "bad" decision making means more 14/15 4 TD games, I'll take that every day and twice on Sunday.

I'm just picking nits though.

---------- Post added November-19th-2012 at 02:29 PM ----------

What's the INT % though? Griff's is probably better.

Griffin's TD/INT ratio is much, much better than Luck's.

Both have now thrown 12 TDs. But whereas Luck has the same number of INTs (12), Griffin has only 3.

They're both great quarterbacks with hugely promising futures in the league. But in Indy, it's The Andrew Luck Show every game. They go to the air because they have nothing on the ground (besides Luck's own scrambling ability), and they have to be more aggressive as a result. With us, we actually have some semblance of a rushing attack. That means that Griffin doesn't get as many throwing opportunities fewer passing attempts and can afford to be more careful with the ball.

Archived