Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Congratulations to RGIII, Only the 3rd Perfect Passing Game in Skins History

Eparadox

Big props to Santana for making something happen on his TD catch.

I'm like 92% sure that the girl in the .gif in your signature is also the girl on the right in this picture at Fed Ex field.....92% sure. Like definitely probably. She just shows up when there is mass hysteria.

http://s2.jrnl.ie/media/2012/10/vikings-redskins-football-2-390x285.jpg

Looks like another record to break...

What better time than this Thursday against the Cowtirds?

---------- Post added November-18th-2012 at 06:42 PM ----------

I'm like 92% sure that the girl in the .gif in your signature is also the girl on the right in this picture at Fed Ex field.....92% sure. Like definitely probably. She just shows up when there is mass hysteria.

Ha, I'd hope not. Russell Wilson might not like his wife going apepoop over RG3.

---------- Post added November-18th-2012 at 06:45 PM ----------

Ha, I'd hope not. Russell Wilson might not like his wife going apepoop over RG3.

TK and I have been talking for weeks how we both know Robert can do the long ball, but it was a piece we hadn't seen much of here versus other parts of his game (drops/injuries obviously a big part of that), but at least we're getting glimpses. Much more should be to come.

I agree. Griffin hasn't often been able to make the deep ball work as effectively to this point. Either he was on target but the receiver didn't help, or he was just a little off. But it was frequently so close that I think it was hard to have significant doubts about his deep-strike ability. Today was nice. First, the nicely-thrown pass to Robinson. But then the trust throw to Moss -- which worked out quite well. I remember my dad once telling me that what you look for from rookies is flashes of talent. When they show flashes, there's hope they'll develop into quality players. But you don't often see flashes, and consistency -- which we're seeing from Griffin. He's our most talented, most game-changing, most man-amongst-boys player since Sean Taylor.

All that said, I get the feeling that Griffin is still reigned in to some degree by the coaches. I wish I could point to something for my comment make sense, but I don't think I can. I was thinking to say that he doesn't throw a lot, comparatively -- but even there he's averaging 29.1 passes per game. It'll be interesting to see what kind of differences we'll see between Griffin as a rookie and Griffin in, say, year four.

What better time than this Thursday against the Cowtirds?

---------- Post added November-18th-2012 at 06:42 PM ----------

---------- Post added November-18th-2012 at 06:45 PM ----------

holy **** I thought that was his mom for the longest time

Not to jinx ourselves here, but I just realized that RG3 only has 3 INTs this season, tied with Tom Brady for fewest in the NFL. The kid hardly ever makes mistakes.

ANybody got any idea what the rookie QB record is for fewest interceptions? I searched and couldn't find anything specific to rookies, but i found that Brady holds the overall NFL QB record with only 4 INTs in the 2003 season. Hell if Robert continues to play smart football he might be able to tie that. Couldn't find the rookie record for fewest INTs though.

I'm not one to jump around and say I told you so (mostly because that means I'd have to jump up and down and say "HA! I WAS SO WRONG!" when I analyze things incorrectly :ols:) but myself (and a myriad of others) were all on the Griffin bandwagon for a very long period of time. And I don't think this warrants a "I told you so" anyways, because in the end we are ALL Redskin Nation and we're all amped up and excited to have him here... But: How GOOD does it feel for those of our fanbase that hated the Griffin trade? It has to be a huge weight off everyone's shoulders that he's playing so well :)

Mike Shanahan could get fired at the end of this year, and I'd still ALWAYS be thankful for helping to create the deal that landed us Robert Griffin III :)

Man....... All those arguments I was involved with trying to sell people on Griff. We had people that wanted Barkley and Jones over Griff. The Barkley debates drove me insane that people thought he would be a good pro.

R - G - 3

I think Garcon playing even as a decoy makes a huge difference. I hope he doesn't have any setbacks this week.

He will always be set back as long as that toe is not treated. But he can at least get positive yards off those WR screens and has the awareness to play the position better than everyone else one the team except Moss.

---------- Post added November-18th-2012 at 08:23 PM ----------

This following part is not a reply directed towards anyone.

RGIII is so good that even though our offense looked plenty disoriented today, he tossed 4 TDs and posted that sort of stat line. And his rushes were vital in keeping a couple drives alive AND he even drew a 15-yarder.

Set a completion percentage record today also at 93%. (13/14)

Franchise record? For min. 10 passes, Kurt Warner had 100% and Alex Smith had 94.7% for min. 15 passes.

Anyway, astounding performance from RG3. There are so many little things he did right too, shifts in the pocket that made all the difference and taking necessary seconds to wait for plays to develop as the pocket collapsed. Things you wouldn't expect from a rookie. .

We finally have a playmaker that we can trust to do something spectacular in tight situations. I remember all the years when we played the Eagles, and it would be a tight game, and then all of a sudden, McNabb 1.0 would go out and do something spectacular, and the 'Skins would lose.

While we struggled with the likes of Grossman, Beck, McNabb 2.0, Cambell, the other ex-gators, Ramsey, George, etc.

It's just a nice feeling to know that the franchise finally has "that guy" who can put some fear of God in defensive coordinators.

Now, just wait until he really grasps the whole offense, and there are a few more weapons. Mix the standard stuff with the pistol stuff, they could be almost impossible to defend. But Rome was not built in a day. (Or, it appears, in 3 years.)

Man....... All those arguments I was involved with trying to sell people on Griff. We had people that wanted Barkley and Jones over Griff. The Barkley debates drove me insane that people thought he would be a good pro.

R - G - 3

SO the question is how much do the Cowboys spend to trade up to get him?

..... And that we lost enough games the previous season to have trading leverage.

Of which MANY argued vehemently against to the point of calling those of us that did see the once in a generation special talents of the top two guys fanhood into question for openly wanting loses in a dead season to get our man.

How would all of those guys feel now if we had won more games and had no Robert this and future years? I can but imagine the meltdown without the hope of Grriff under center this year.

Hail.

Of which MANY argued vehemently against to the point of calling those of us that did see the once in a generation special talents of the top two guys fanhood into question for openly wanting loses in a dead season to get our man.

How would all of those guys feel now if we had won more games and had no Robert this and future years? I can but imagine the meltdown without the hope of Grriff under center this year.

Hail.

I am not built to root for us to lose. Never will.

Not upset in the least at getting RGIII as our qb, but I want to win every game... always.

Hail.

I'm sorry but I would have much preferred to win games last year.

Archived