Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Congratulations to RGIII, Only the 3rd Perfect Passing Game in Skins History

Eparadox

Yeah, and I finally saw something that Luck did just recently that Robert had not done yet... Force the damn ball downfield, let your guy make a play. That for me, was one of the last pieces of the puzzle.

TK and I have been talking for weeks how we both know Robert can do the long ball, but it was a piece we hadn't seen much of here versus other parts of his game (drops/injuries obviously a big part of that), but at least we're getting glimpses. Much more should be to come.

I'm not one to jump around and say I told you so (mostly because that means I'd have to jump up and down and say "HA! I WAS SO WRONG!" when I analyze things incorrectly :ols:) but myself (and a myriad of others) were all on the Griffin bandwagon for a very long period of time. And I don't think this warrants a "I told you so" anyways, because in the end we are ALL Redskin Nation and we're all amped up and excited to have him here... But: How GOOD does it feel for those of our fanbase that hated the Griffin trade? It has to be a huge weight off everyone's shoulders that he's playing so well :)

Mike Shanahan could get fired at the end of this year, and I'd still ALWAYS be thankful for helping to create the deal that landed us Robert Griffin III :)

You know it's a good day when you have four times as many TDs as incompletions.

I think Griffin might just sneak back to the top of the RotY pile. He had a couple quiet weeks, but the thing that makes him special for me is that even during his worst weeks he was still incredibly efficient. Through 10 games, he's got 12 TDs, 3 INTs, and 65% comp (comp. % isn't including this week, so that'll bump a bit too).

Luck is definitely having a very good season, but Griffin's pure efficiency is just...I mean rookies just aren't supposed to play as well as he is, with as few mistakes as he is making.

And he's definitely among good company on the Skins perfect passer rating group, Sammy and Sonny are two legendary QBs, we can only hope Griffin reaches similar heights.

---------- Post added November-18th-2012 at 05:36 PM ----------

He's ours? You mean he's really ours? Only criticism I would have is he still needs to learn to slide. And I'm not talking about the play where he did and got cracked for his trouble. I cringe every time he takes off. It's not a very comfortable feeling

I think he's done a good job of late. When he runs, he quickly gets to the outside and hops out of bounds before he can get hit big. I almost prefer that to staying in bounds and sliding, since all it takes is one uppity defender to knock Griffin out, though he definitely needs to be sliding so long as he's in bounds. It's still evolving, but what's impressive is he's evolved his game over a couple weeks, while normally people would be talking about how that's something he'd need to work on in the offseason.

Another thing for thought, it seems Robert steps up for divisional games especially. It's only 2 games but I think his 2 best games this year were Giants and now Eagles. Saints was a big stage too and he stepped up for that as well.

He just has winning in his blood, one of the players that steps up when it matters most. When I saw him vs Oklahoma I knew that we had to have him, because he has elite measurables, intangibles, and tools, but he is also something you can not teach, clutchness. Griffin seems to be a Frankenstein of everything you want in a QB, a perfect storm.

Man, how about that double spin move to avoid pressure...not a big play, but the athleticism.

that play was crazy. The guy is just incredible. So many times today he put the team on his back. 3 down runs for 1st downs. Scrambles, the deep passes. He is fantastic.

---------- Post added November-18th-2012 at 05:51 PM ----------

Another rookie of the week should be forthcoming!!!

Yup, I think that would be Number 4 for him right?

---------- Post added November-18th-2012 at 05:54 PM ----------

Another rookie of the week should be forthcoming!!!

Yup, I think that would be Number 4 for him right?

Great job RGIII! The only really bad throw he made was saved by Moss and a defensive penalty.

Let's not go that far. That throw across the field at the end of the first half was a HORRIBLE decision, and the one incompletion could have very easily been a pick. Altogether a great game, but Robert still needs to work on his decision making.

Archived