Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2012 Redskins vs Eagles (Final)

TK

Watching NFL countdown. The crew is laughing at the Redskins ineptitude when it comes to losing to rookie QBs. All laughing; naming past coaches...Spurrier, Gibbs,etc

**** the Eagles - lets ****ing win this one!

Similar story on the NFL network... They sound convinced that the Eagles will throw and run all over our D. More laughing about our weakness on D and streak of losing to the previous 8 rookie QBs noting however that none of those had their first career start against us.. Come on Skins, please properly introduce this rook to the NFL.

I'm glad the bye week is done, and we're now going to get to see a stretch of games against our NFC-East rivals, wiith the added bonus of a contest versus the Ravens.

I liked the OP's overview of both teams issues leading up to today's game -- I expect we'll see both teams desparately hungry for a win.

I would love a win over Philly too -- but not for keeping alive my dream thatt the Skins make the playoffs -- it's more about payback to Philly for all the cheap-shots they took at Skins players last season, and some of those shots ending season-ending injuries. I also want to see a win to prove something to those doubting this team -- a way of confirming that this team hasn't given up, and neither should the fans. ....Something to validate our beliefs that while there is still a way to go, this team IS getting better.

But I also remember how the ball can bounce odd ways, and neither team is guaranteed an equal distribution of breaks going in their favor. There are times when the "W" doesn't always get awarded to the team whose play deserved the win.

So, even though I'd like the W for the reasons mentioned above -- I don't see this as a "must win" game.

---For the Skins, I view this contest more as a "must really show up, giving 110%, and truly competing" type of game.. And hopefully the breaks go our way.

Its easy to laugh at this game but for me it means ALOT. Here's why - This isn't just an opportunity to break the rookie jinx. Its not an opportunity to stay alive another week and make Thanksgiving's game meaningful. Its not just two awful teams playing. This is the NFC east. Maybe we have forgotten, maybe the media's forgotten too but we are in this division and today we don't have just an opportunity to end the eagles season. We have an opportunity to end an EAGLES ERA. The football gods have decided that despite our ineptitude and the drubbing from michael vick a few years back on monday night etc etc that WE have the opportunity to put the proverbial nail in the Coughin of the Andy Reid Era. Its justice quite frankly. Not just for all the lopsided defeats amidst smoke bombs and spurrier and the fleecing of the Mcnabb trade which harkens back to the fleecing of Jeremiah Trotter who decided to stop playing when he put on the Burgandy and Gold yet found the fountain of youth for a year when he WENT back to the putrid green a year or two later! Its all those NFC championship games. Its years of having our only real joy comprised of watching those filthy philly fans crushed when they got Oh so close!

We have been given an opportunity to end an era. An era I have HATED. I can't wait to send Andy Reid to San Diego to replace Norval. I can't wait for the new regime to come into philly. I can't wait for the empty trophy cases to remain throughout Andy's "oh so close" reign of 14 years. I can't freakin wait. But one thing would make it even sweeter. . . . IF WE ARE THE ONES THAT CLOSE THAT DOOR. HAIL! Find a way today boys! Win this one for a decade of this opponent shoving it down your throat. One day. One game. The game that ends it all for the reid era. HAIL!!!

Its easy to laugh at this game but for me it means ALOT. Here's why - This isn't just an opportunity to break the rookie jinx. Its not an opportunity to stay alive another week and make Thanksgiving's game meaningful. Its not just two awful teams playing. This is the NFC east. Maybe we have forgotten, maybe the media's forgotten too but we are in this division and today we don't have just an opportunity to end the eagles season. We have an opportunity to end an EAGLES ERA. The football gods have decided that despite our ineptitude and the drubbing from michael vick a few years back on monday night etc etc that WE have the opportunity to put the proverbial nail in the Coughin of the Andy Reid Era. Its justice quite frankly. Not just for all the lopsided defeats amidst smoke bombs and spurrier and the fleecing of the Mcnabb trade which harkens back to the fleecing of Jeremiah Trotter who decided to stop playing when he put on the Burgandy and Gold yet found the fountain of youth for a year when he WENT back to the putrid green a year or two later! Its all those NFC championship games. Its years of having our only real joy comprised of watching those filthy philly fans crushed when they got Oh so close!

We have been given an opportunity to end an era. An era I have HATED. I can't wait to send Andy Reid to San Diego to replace Norval. I can't wait for the new regime to come into philly. I can't wait for the empty trophy cases to remain throughout Andy's "oh so close" reign of 14 years. I can't freakin wait. But one thing would make it even sweeter. . . . IF WE ARE THE ONES THAT CLOSE THAT DOOR. HAIL! Find a way today boys! Win this one for a decade of this opponent shoving it down your throat. One day. One game. The game that ends it all for the reid era. HAIL!!!

Great post..... I agree, lets shut the door on the eagles season today!!! Lets get this win!!!

HTTR

I can't take another loss, especially to the Fecals in our house. We NEED to win today... and Thursday... and on MNF.

I don't see us making the playoffs at this point (but I hope I'm wrong), but I REALLY want these next 3 games.

HTTR - Let's beat the feathers off of these suckers today!

Great vid murf, thanks for sharing. Say what you will, Bruce Allen has done a phenomenal job of repairing the relationship between the fans and the franchise. He always looks genuinely happy to interact with fans, sincerely understands that there is more than just $$$ or players in the equation.

Barring another pre game fluke...... im ready to see what Merriweather brings to the table in the secondary. Excited to see him active. Lets go skins, we desperately need this win, find a way to get it.

HTTR!!!!!

Hopefully somebody's got his ass handcuffed to a chair in a corner of the locker room behind some sort of pillow fort.

There is a certain nervousness and excitement going into the game today. The season is definitely on the line, or at least any speckle of hopes of what all those articles were claiming is still possible....playoffs. Haha.....

Garcon is back, but how effective?

Merriwether will be on the field, but how big or little an impact will that mean?

New wrinkles in the offense? running game looking to work hard and beat down the Eagles wide 9?

Any progress in the non-existent pass rush?

So much to anticipate in this game!

It's hard to see how this game will go. Both teams need to step up after their last performance. Both defenses seem to have given up. Will the Eagles rally around Foles as the likely starter next season? Will Garcon add the downfield element to our offense? Will Merriweather make any tangible difference to the secondary? Is rushing no more than 4 the way to contain RGIII? Can both coaches still motivate their teams?

Archived