Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2012 Redskins vs Eagles (Final)

TK

During their Bye Week the Eagles fired their OL coach turned Defensive Coordinator. The Redskins however took advantage of their Bye Week to do the following: not fire Jim Haslett, not put in a waiver claim for Anthony Armstrong or even contact his agent after he cleared waivers once he was released from Jacksonville. Though owner Dan Snyder did have to get Shannahan to explain his comments to the team the following Monday.

As far as Haslett goes, he's here until the end of the season. There was talk of him having until the Dallas game enforce being let go but now it's moved onto him finishing out this year. Morris could take over next year, though there's also talk of bringing in an experienced 3-4 coach to take over as well. There is also talk of Tennessee looking to bring in John Gruden as their new Head Coach and word is he'd take Raheem Morris with him as his DC. That's the University of Tennessee, not the Titans. Time will tell on that. Also, expect Slowick to finally get his pink slip at the end of the season as well. Every unit he's coached has gone backwards and our LBs are a mess under him. Riley looks to have seriously regressed this season under Slowick's tutelage.

Great info. Personally, I would like to see another DC in here that has years of experience with the 3-4. Right now, what we have is:

- Haz, who spent some time in Pitt with the 3-4, but is actually more familiar with the 4-3

- Morris, Secondary, who as far as I can tell, has never coached in a 3-4.

- Burney, DL Coach, who worked with Shanahan in Denver, prior to that Carolina, and the Browns/Ravens. At the time, all ran a 4-3.

- Slowik, LBs Coach, who worked with Shanahan in Denver, and also in Green Bay and Chicago. At the time, all ran a 4-3.

You know, there probably was a thread on this at some point, but I just looked all this up as I was writing this post. It really is a head scratcher to think that bringing in a DC that has mostly 4-3 experience, a secondary coach who has never worked with a 3-4, a DL and LB coach who have never been in the 3-4 AND who were on the side of the ball that got Mike Shanahan fired in Denver, then decide to run a 3-4, and think that it was going to work. (holy run-on sentence batman) :)

I'm starting to think that Shanahan in a bit of a personal identity crisis here: He knows that he needed to do something different defensively, so he got Haz and they agreed on a 3-4, but then they stocked the coaching staff with guys who all have a 4-3 background. Then they start plugging in new players, and the coaches don't have the experience to teach the intricacies of the positions.

Very very odd. Now, I'm thinking that in the off season, they have to do an entire overhaul of the defensive coaching staff. Not only do they need a new DC, but they also need new position coaches that have worked in the same system for a period of years.

I didn't realize how odd this was until just now.

Great info. Personally, I would like to see another DC in here that has years of experience with the 3-4. Right now, what we have is:

- Haz, who spent some time in Pitt with the 3-4, but is actually more familiar with the 4-3

- Morris, Secondary, who as far as I can tell, has never coached in a 3-4.

- Burney, DL Coach, who worked with Shanahan in Denver, prior to that Carolina, and the Browns/Ravens. At the time, all ran a 4-3.

- Slowik, LBs Coach, who worked with Shanahan in Denver, and also in Green Bay and Chicago. At the time, all ran a 4-3.

You know, there probably was a thread on this at some point, but I just looked all this up as I was writing this post. It really is a head scratcher to think that bringing in a DC that has mostly 4-3 experience, a secondary coach who has never worked with a 3-4, a DL and LB coach who have never been in the 3-4 AND who were on the side of the ball that got Mike Shanahan fired in Denver, then decide to run a 3-4, and think that it was going to work. (holy run-on sentence batman) :)

I'm starting to think that Shanahan in a bit of a personal identity crisis here: He knows that he needed to do something different defensively, so he got Haz and they agreed on a 3-4, but then they stocked the coaching staff with guys who all have a 4-3 background. Then they start plugging in new players, and the coaches don't have the experience to teach the intricacies of the positions.

Very very odd. Now, I'm thinking that in the off season, they have to do an entire overhaul of the defensive coaching staff. Not only do they need a new DC, but they also need new position coaches that have worked in the same system for a period of years.

I didn't realize how odd this was until just now.

I think that what Shanahan did was look around and see that the 3-4 worked. And that's it.

I had no idea soccer was psychic??????

Ya read the terot cards!

---------- Post added November-18th-2012 at 11:38 AM ----------

They're singing in the stands because they're...bored? Just guessin'...

Not that's after watching baseball due to the boredom

---------- Post added November-18th-2012 at 11:41 AM ----------

They're singing in the stands because they're...bored? Just guessin'...

Not that's after watching baseball due to the boredom

Watching NFL countdown. The crew is laughing at the Redskins ineptitude when it comes to losing to rookie QBs. All laughing; naming past coaches...Spurrier, Gibbs,etc

**** the Eagles - lets ****ing win this one!

Sometimes I can't help but laugh myself. It's almost harder to lose all past 8 games than not. Hopefully today's the last day we hear of that streak.

Boy do I hope.

Archived