Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2012 Redskins vs Eagles (Final)

TK

looks like there is tension in the locker room. look at this quote from santana. lolz

"I'm tired of talking about Robert," said Redskins wide receiver Santana Moss, who caught Griffin's 61-yard touchdown heave that extended the lead to 24-6 in the third quarter. "Robert's not going to change. He's going to go out there and be special. He brings that specialness. I don't even know if that's a word, but that's what he brings to our offense

looks like there is tension in the locker room. look at this quote from santana. lolz

"I'm tired of talking about Robert," said Redskins wide receiver Santana Moss, who caught Griffin's 61-yard touchdown heave that extended the lead to 24-6 in the third quarter. "Robert's not going to change. He's going to go out there and be special. He brings that specialness. I don't even know if that's a word, but that's what he brings to our offense

I'm not sure what was asked, but Griffin's performance is superb week in and week out.....I'm sure it gets old getting asked the same question over and over about it. I don't see how all of that equates to tension in the locker room. Gotta be hard to interpret that quote without seeing what the question was.

I owe Meriweather an apology, I didn't see him being that good of a player or having that much impact. Wow was I wrong. I hope he continues to prove me wrong

Based on this, he it might not be proving that anytime soon:

Brandon Meriweather suffered a right knee sprain in his Washington Redskins debut Sunday and was forced to leave the game.

The safety's playmaking abilities were noticeable in Week 11 as he played his first game in a Redskins uniform following a left knee injury that kept him out since early September.

Meriweather was replaced against the Eagles by DeJon Gomes.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2012/nov/18/brandon-meriweather-suffers-right-knee-injury/

That Moss quote was in jest. He was smiling and joking around when he said it. There is no tension, RG3 is resurrecting Moss's career.

Not sure what to make of today. Happy about the win of course but we got a few TDs gifted to us by Eagle ineptitude.

well duh lol. thats why i put a LOLZ after the statement

Based on this, he it might not be proving that anytime soon:

Brandon Meriweather suffered a right knee sprain in his Washington Redskins debut Sunday and was forced to leave the game.

The safety's playmaking abilities were noticeable in Week 11 as he played his first game in a Redskins uniform following a left knee injury that kept him out since early September.

Meriweather was replaced against the Eagles by DeJon Gomes.

There were reports though that said that that was done as a precautionary measure. If true, then that's a good sign. If not, it can't be good because they badly need Merriweather out there vs Bryant, Witten, and Austin on Thursday.

c'mon dude. rule 11. don't be lazy.

:doh:

My bad.

*rewind to before this game and the six-point, three-turnover defensive showing*

I think that what Shanahan did was look around the league on his year off and see that, "Hey, that 3-4 looks pretty damn good. The linebackers have to be smaller and quicker like the guys in the ZBS, so maybe there's something that I can use to be a better defensive personnel evaluator."

I don't think that he actually thought through the entire coaching staff, and like LL (I think it was LL, at least he posted it here) said, if you don't let your coordinators pick their staff, then what kind of chemistry and accountability do you expect?

*And back to 8:44 PM EST*

This game. Man, this game. This is the team that we need to see to really make a run. The offense needed help, and they got it. Playmakers needed to make plays, and Moss made one of the best of his illustrious career.

I couldn't be happier with the TEAM today. And RGIII is going to be grounds for a divorce, I swear.

I'm very happy about this game.

It's fun to finally watch a team that can throw long touchdown passes. It's fun to see our defense hold a team (even a team which was clearly struggling) to 6 points. It's fun to be on this side of a 25-point game in the division. I'd love to see the last time we won a divisional game by that much...my guess is that it was the home Cowboy game in 2005 (35-7).

Encouraging win...it will be multiplied if we win on Thanksgiving and really start to gel!

Just wanted to highlight the play today of a few unsung Redskins like Young at fullback #36 and Williams #71 on the offensive line. Merriweather looked good too of course before he went down. Its a lot more fun for the starters when at the end of the 4th quarter they can relax on the sidelines and enjoy a win for a change. They have to keep the momentum going with a Dallas win. We should be able to beat Philly in Philly before Christmas too.

I'm very happy about this game.

It's fun to finally watch a team that can throw long touchdown passes. It's fun to see our defense hold a team (even a team which was clearly struggling) to 6 points. It's fun to be on this side of a 25-point game in the division. I'd love to see the last time we won a divisional game by that much...my guess is that it was the home Cowboy game in 2005 (35-7).

Encouraging win...it will be multiplied if we win on Thanksgiving and really start to gel!

It really was a great change of pace. I think the difference was the defense played a great game. I forgot what it was like to have a good player at safety. I hope Merriweather is fine for the Dallas game.

RIght, I'm sure that's it. Shanahan playing Madden. :doh:

Maybe he figured we could get half a yard in two plays. An we should have been able to. Execution, not playcalling.

Wrong. It was ABSOLUTELY Madden-esque.

And "two plays"? I'm not even talking about third down. I'm talking about FOURTH down.

You have a chance to put a team down by three TDs with a chip shot FG. You take the points and retain all the momentum.

And how successful have we been of late with these short yardage plays? Yeah, not very.

You don't risk it. Three TDs is a big-time lead. You don't chance giving the other team the momentum that comes with a big stop like that. Luckily for us, the Eagles' momentum reserves were totally depleted, so it didn't matter.

But it was a TERRIBLE, stupid and needlessly reckless decision to do that.

Wrong. It was ABSOLUTELY Madden-esque.

And "two plays"? I'm not even talking about third down. I'm talking about FOURTH down.

You have a chance to put a team down by three TDs with a chip shot FG. You take the points and retain all the momentum.

And how successful have we been of late with these short yardage plays? Yeah, not very.

You don't risk it. Three TDs is a big-time lead. You don't chance giving the other team the momentum that comes with a big stop like that. Luckily for us, the Eagles' momentum reserves were totally depleted, so it didn't matter.

But it was a TERRIBLE, stupid and needlessly reckless decision to do that.

I was fine with the call. I understand 'take the points'...but the odds of getting that 4th down were big. He wanted to score again to go for the kill. The way the Eagle's O was performing, turning the ball over on downs on that field position wasn't going to be the end of the world.

Archived