Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JPP Warns RGIII: 'Don't Bring it to my Side'

skinsfan07

Watching that gif at #242, RGIII missed the cutback to the right where a huge lane had formed. Had he noticed it, he may have been off to the races.

That opened up because he ran to the left and the LBers followed him. He's not a shifty runner like Vick, he probably wouldnt be able to make that cut like a RB or Vick could.

That opened up because he ran to the left and the LBers followed him. He's not a shifty runner like Vick, he probably wouldnt be able to make that cut like a RB or Vick could.

True, he just has great vision and straight line speed. But no where near as elusive as Vick was back in the day.

Looks to me that if Griffin had chosen to cutback, the linebacker in front of him would have had very little chance to adjust his movement back to the left to make a play on him. More, From what I've seen in just seven games, RGIII is a younger, smarter, more athletic, and a good deal shiftier than the dog killer.

I hate to be the wet blanket but I felt like we really looked foolish relative to JPP. He talked **** all damn week about getting to our rookie Qb and then sacked him twice, caused a crucial fumble and danced like an idiot after he did it. I was embarrassed by what JPP was able to do to us yesterday.

JPP got to Griffin once on what looked like a blown assignment. He came thru unblocked.

Osi danced. You go ahead and be embarrassed though if you want

I know the play you are talking about. On that play Niles Paul was supposed to come all the way from the backside TE spot and cut JPP. A combination of him being the player that he is and Paul not being able to really get in his way resulted in that play.

Unfortunately, JPP was also responsible for the sack/fumble on RG3. He came from the right side. Very similar play in that our tackle (in this case, Polumbus, did not have JPP as his responsibility. Rather, it was one of our backs (I believe it was once again Niles Paul lined up as fullback) who was supposed to block him and kind of whiffs and then goes after a second-tier defensive player whom he also whiffs on.

Point being, our offensive line did a tremendous job on JPP all day and held him to jack squat. NFL.com has him down for 1 sack and the fumble, although he did have the two sacks, albeit they were both against Niles Paul, who in BOTH situations was coming from the far side to block him as our Tackle blocked to the inside (by design).

It sounds like I'm blaming Paul, but honestly I think some blame should be placed on the play calls. While our running game has been outstanding and was again yesterday, I'm not sure how wise it is to ask Paul to come sprinting from the backside for a cut block on one of the most athletic DE's in the game. I actually think the sack/fumble play was a designed run (stats people may have seen it the same way, which is why they only credit him with the one sack). Paul is athletic, fast and a capable blocker but I think that's asking a lot from him. Perhaps he was successful several times throughout the game with the same responsibility, but when there are a couple QB hits and one results in a lost fumble on the ones he missed, it becomes kind of glaring. I'm not sure how often I'd be asking Paul to go one on one with JPP coming all the way from the opposite side the next time around.

Also: I see what you did there ArmchairRedskin :evil:

Here's the 4th and 10 play

redskins5.gif

http://www.hogshaven.com/2012/10/22/3539998/jason-pierre-paul-dont-bring-it-to-my-side-then-gets-leveled

---------- Post added October-22nd-2012 at 08:09 PM ----------

JPP got to Griffin once on what looked like a blown assignment. He came thru unblocked.

Osi danced. You go ahead and be embarrassed though if you want

I was wrong about Osi dancing. Turns out it actually was JPP going Gangnam style. My bad.

JPP may have gotten to RG3 twice but that was on our O-line. In the one case where it was RG3 vs JPP (in Armchairs video above), Griff made him look like a complete assclown by almost literally running a circle around him. At the g-nats presser JPP should have just came out and said "I learned my lesson, my bad". He should just keep quiet. :D

I hate to be the wet blanket but I felt like we really looked foolish relative to JPP. He talked **** all damn week about getting to our rookie Qb and then sacked him twice, caused a crucial fumble and danced like an idiot after he did it. I was embarrassed by what JPP was able to do to us yesterday.

Except RG3 ran for 89 yards, had a couple TDs, and had the game won for us until our D blew it in the last minute. RG3 had a great game against them, and embarrassed JPP on the 4th and 10 play.

Also, JPP had 1 sack, not 2. Not embarrassing, you are just overreacting. Giants players gave RG3 a lot of props after the game.

JPP is one of the best in the NFL at rushing against air. His big plays always seem to come against complete mismatches and breakdowns in protection where he gets to come free, never come from him beating a decent player with a move.

Osi is a better rusher than he is. It seems like Osi always gets a couple of crafty plays in against us that end up being devastating. A couple of sacks and/or strips he manages to still come up with even after you get him blocked. The guy is amazing with his hands. Tremendous coordination and timing.

I can't believe we have even one person saying we got embarrased. After all of the trash talk and subtle sarcasm last week, that entire defense got their asses handed to them. They're the ones that should be embarrased. We did whatever we wanted to do to them. Their only saving grace was Eli and all of the turnovers we had.

I can't believe we have even one person saying we got embarrased. After all of the trash talk and subtle sarcasm last week, that entire defense got their asses handed to them. They're the ones that should be embarrased. We did whatever we wanted to do to them. Their only saving grace was Eli and all of the turnovers we had.

Agreed.

The Redskins mainly lost the game because of their own miscues (turnovers, blown coverages).

Giant fans (the non-troll variety :) ) I've talked say they were lucky to get out of there with a win. The Giants 'D' gave up over 500 yards of offense, including over 200 yards on the ground.

The turnovers killed them, yes, but there is NOTHING for the Redskins and RG3 to be embarrassed about.

redskins4_medium.gif

redskins3_medium.gif

After looking at what he endured last Sunday, I wouldn't want him running to my side anymore either. I'm sure there were dozens of other plays similar to that first one where he pretty much gets his lunch money taken and gets a wedgie and a kick to the ass.

Yeah, some job he did embarrasing us.

Except RG3 ran for 89 yards, had a couple TDs, and had the game won for us until our D blew it in the last minute. RG3 had a great game against them, and embarrassed JPP on the 4th and 10 play.

Also, JPP had 1 sack, not 2. Not embarrassing, you are just overreacting. Giants players gave RG3 a lot of props after the game.

You're right, technically, the sack on Griffin when he danced like he was riding a horse afterward was the only sack. The forced fumble he got on Griffin was technically a draw play stuffed for a 3 yard loss and a fumble/turnover while we were driving for the tying score. Then again, JPP did tell him not to run that to his side.

I get your point that the Giants were praising RG3 and I thought he was absolutely incredible as usual. The only point I was making it that people saying that RG3 shut up JPP seems a bit ridiculous in light of the above. Loved the Trent Williams crack back on JPP's big mouth but JPP certainly got his in the game and personally, I would have liked to have shut him down completely. Nonetheless, I think RG# put a sweet move on him on the 4th and 10 play and overall, RG3 was awesome. Embarrassed may have been too strong. I'm just being greedy. I was so annoyed at JPP talking smack all week and seeing him dance and hearing Aikman talking about him causing the fumble etc. It just boils my blood.

---------- Post added October-23rd-2012 at 11:19 AM ----------

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1260611/redskins4_medium.gif

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1260641/redskins3_medium.gif

After looking at what he endured last Sunday, I wouldn't want him running to my side anymore either. I'm sure there were dozens of other plays similar to that first one where he pretty much gets his lunch money taken and gets a wedgie and a kick to the ass.

Yeah, some job he did embarrasing us.

See my other post. Stats don't lie. He had a huge sack on griffin, a forced fumble at a crucial moment on a draw "to his side". Again, embarrassing was the wrong word. I found it frustrating and I don't think we shut JPP up the way we should have. That's all.

anyone else notice that Robert mentioned outrunning JPP, in his post-game presser? :D

I noticed this as well. I don't think it was an accident LOL! I think overall we did a really excellent job against their pass rush for most of the game.

• 1 month later...

Archived