Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JPP Warns RGIII: 'Don't Bring it to my Side'

skinsfan07

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/jenkins/article/No-quarterback-has-ever-run-like-RGIII-3960789.php

Interesting take from the 49ers beat writer.....

- Given the chance to plunge headlong into the NFL Films library, in search of the greatest runs by a quarterback, you'd become immersed in the spectacular.

There's Steve Young running without a helmet, Michael Vick in full flight, wonderful improvisation from Marlin Briscoe and Randall Cunningham, wildly evasive scrambles by Fran Tarkenton and Roger Staubach. You'd get a look at Bobby Douglass and Steve McNair, maybe a clip or two from Cam Newton's rookie season.

There wouldn't be anything quite like Robert Griffin III's 76-yard touchdown against the Minnesota Vikings last week.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/jenkins/article/No-quarterback-has-ever-run-like-RGIII-3960789.php#ixzz29hr4UY2S

Articles like this get me so hype!!! This kid has blazing speed, and it's so awesome that he's on OUR team.

Hopefully JPP will be so concerned with containing Griff's running, he won't be running roughshot(?) all over our tackles....I can hope anyway...

Jared Allen is far better than Paul and Trent Williams handled him all day. Maybe you meant "tackle" singular.

---------- Post added October-19th-2012 at 09:33 AM ----------

Giants dont turn the ball over much. Washington will get their points but I doubt it will off come from turnovers. That turnover stat was LAST years team. How is it relevant?

So you are a Giants fan, we get it.

Giving up alot of yards..we'll see.

Too the last poster..didn't the Giants win the Super Bowl last year? According to this forum winning two regular season games is more important than the Super Bowl....and yes the Giants talked trash right through the playoffs and backed it up every single time. You guys had the Giants number last year..NO DOUBT but to hang your hat on those two wins as if it will have any affect on this years games is shortsighted.

And you shouldn't hang your hat on winning playoff games and a Super Bowl from last year. Each team has changed this year.

---------- Post added October-19th-2012 at 11:11 AM ----------

Whoa..I did'nt say its not a bad situation, I just said you guys are OBSESSED with it. I have Cowboy fans I know and they don't even talk about it. Go to the Cowboys forum. Its not even a topic of discussion.

18 million a year on a 130 million cap is a more significant loss than 5 million.

---------- Post added October-19th-2012 at 11:20 AM ----------

Maybe so..the 49ers thought it too.

Niners have a plodding offense built around a pounding running game. We've added so much speed this year. Too mad Garcon won't be suiting up to burn your secondary. I'd like to see what we could do fully healthy. Niners don't compare.

---------- Post added October-19th-2012 at 11:24 AM ----------

the only thing is i thought we only had 4 defensive touchdowns. I am trying to remember what the 5th is. There was the rams TD from the fumble, We caught a pass in the end zone against the bengals, Kerrigan tipped a pass and caught it to run in for a TD against atlanta, then the interception returned for a score against the vikings. that is 4. what is the 5th?

The Garcon TD against the Bucs is considered a "fumble recovery" for a TD.

248 yards rushing? RG3 had 89 by himself? Griffin went right down the field to take the lead from these guys, which ever side he wanted to. Most New York fans won't admit it, but ya'll barely got away from us alive. Save that fluke last TD, we're first place and ya'll are second guessing yourselves again after losing three in a row to us. Have fun with that...

Prior to the season, defensive end Osi Umenyiora said he would call Griffin “Bob” until the rookie QB proved himself, but this week said Griffin’s rightful name was, “Sir Robert Griffin III,” after watching him put up highlights during the first six weeks of the season.

Umenyiora had more praise for Griffin following the game.

“That guy is flat-out unbelievable,” Umenyiora told reporters in the locker room. “That’s the best QB we’ve played this year.”

Said fellow end Justin Tuck, “[Griffin] takes away from your enthusiasm for the game a little bit,” as a defensive player.

Defensive end Chris Canty added, “He’s faster in person than he is on tape. He’s very, very fast. He’s a very talented young man. He’s going to have a lot of success in this league.”

Giants coach Tom Coughlin said, “He looks like the fastest guy on tape and he’s certainly the fastest guy on the field. When he pulls the ball down, when you break down contain and he goes outside, you are just praying someone is going to run him out of bounds.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/10/21/giants-sing-robert-griffin-iiis-praises/

They got lucky & RG3 had them running in circles. JPP? He's a punk. RG3 ran to his side, he ran to the other side, he ran all over the Giants today. If it weren't for a phantom "legwhip" call that took us out of scoring range, we win this game. The Gaints, "they are who we thought they were...& we let 'em get away."

Oh well. On to PITTsburgh. Ain't got time to worry about what happened.

All in all, it was a well-played game & RG3 is really taking command of this offense & it is exciting to see & even more exciting to think that even tho we are still having problems winning games like this, those days are soon to be in our rearview.

248 yards rushing? RG3 had 89 by himself? Griffin went right down the field to take the lead from these guys, which ever side he wanted to. Most New York fans won't admit it, but ya'll barely got away from us alive. Save that fluke last TD, we're first place and ya'll are second guessing yourselves again after losing three in a row to us. Have fun with that...

qft. I'll agree with that all day long. The Skins, more specifically RG3 had this game won, but thanks to horrible coverage the Vagiants took this game away. The Skins moved the ball when they had to and were only undone by turnovers. Save for sacks in the later stages of the game, the OL did a decent job of protecting RG3. This game was there to be had, but wasn't because of execution.

Just saw this

Piere-Paul needs to STFU and realize that opposing players do listen to stuff that comes out of his mouth. Absolutely LOVE that pic. Dumb@ss was getting ready to lower the boom on RG3 and never saw Williams coming. I also think Williams and that OL will definitely look out for his QB when they hear BS like that.

Piere-Paul needs to STFU and realize that opposing players do listen to stuff that comes out of his mouth. Absolutely LOVE that pic. Dumb@ss was getting ready to lower the boom on RG3 and never saw Williams coming. I also think Williams and that OL will definitely look out for his QB when they hear BS like that.

I wish TW knocked his ass out of the game to be honest. Have no respect for players like JPP who talk **** but can't back it up.

Archived