Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JPP Warns RGIII: 'Don't Bring it to my Side'

skinsfan07

Maybe so..the 49ers thought it too.

We're not the 49ers.

- Morris is going to touch the ball more than 8 times and we're going to score points on the ground. Griffin and Morris are 2nd and 3rd in rushing touchdowns respectively this season.

- Unlike Smith, Griffin is definitely not going to throw three interceptions this game. He's only thrown two all year, and he's never thrown more than eight in a season his entire college career. He just doesn't turn the ball over.

- We're first in the league in points per play, so when we have the ball, we score.

- Chances are, Eli is going to throw more picks than touchdowns (1 TD vs. 6 INTs against Shanahan's Redskins historically), while the Redskins have scored defensively the past two games. We also capitalize on turnovers fairly efficiently. This will put more pressure on your offense to put up points.

In short, we're not the 49ers, and we're going to score more than three points. The Giants will have to score more than two touchdowns and a couple field goals against our stout rush D and improving secondary to beat us.

If the O line plays its best, we'll win. If it doesn't, we won't. We faced the best defense we've seen all year last season and shredded them because RG3 had time to throw, and if we can replicate that against a supremely good pass rush, we'll be fine.

I would be surprised if Eli played well against us, he hardly ever does.

We're not the 49ers.

- Morris is going to touch the ball more than 8 times and we're going to score points on the ground. Griffin and Morris are 2nd and 3rd in rushing touchdowns respectively this season.

- Unlike Smith, Griffin is definitely not going to throw three interceptions this game. He's only thrown two all year, and he's never thrown more than eight in a season his entire college career. He just doesn't turn the ball over.

- We're first in the league in points per play, so when we have the ball, we score.

- Chances are, Eli is going to throw more picks than touchdowns (1 TD vs. 6 INTs against Shanahan's Redskins historically), while the Redskins have scored defensively the past two games. We also capitalize on turnovers fairly efficiently. This will put more pressure on your offense to put up points.

In short, we're not the 49ers, and we're going to score more than three points. The Giants will have to score more than two touchdowns and a couple field goals against our stout rush D and improving secondary to beat us.

ok..if you say so.

That's what happens when you can score on both sides of the ball. We're two TDs ahead of the second place D.

It's so strange to not be afraid of the Giants or any other team in the NFC East, isn't it?

I mean, the eagles and cowboys are jokes right now, but the Giants are defending SB Champs and a very good team. They just beat the best team in the NFL...again and yet, I'm excited to play them.

After ;ast year, we'd lost so many straight time, we were hopeless. Not anymore though.

HTTR

That's what happens when you can score on both sides of the ball. We're two TDs ahead of the second place D.

the only thing is i thought we only had 4 defensive touchdowns. I am trying to remember what the 5th is. There was the rams TD from the fumble, We caught a pass in the end zone against the bengals, Kerrigan tipped a pass and caught it to run in for a TD against atlanta, then the interception returned for a score against the vikings. that is 4. what is the 5th?

Lets not forget that we beat the other team who beat the 49ers. If we're using the 9ers as a measuring stick, I think we got that covered.

Not trying to belittle your post at all but don't be surprised if Minnesota ends up 6-10.

;9215973']Didn't read through all of the responses:

I have no problem with JPP saying this because he backs up his talking with his play. My only problem with this is' date=' if RGIII listens to JPP that means he will be running towards Osi. That is a scary thought. Has there been a 1,000 yard rusher as a QB in one game??? :doh:[/quote']

Osi's on the same page, apparently:

I hope he doesn’t come to my side,” Umenyiora said. “Hopefully they’ll be able to go somewhere else. I don’t want no parts of that myself. He’s just a phenomenal football player.”

Tired of your weak act. Buh bye.

TY Jumbo, now he know whats popping now! Every year these Giants scrolls crawl out the toilets and invade like ****roaches. Sorry Giant fans but beating the 49ers don't skeer us at all, the Vikings beat them down and we had NO problems with them. Damn it I wish Orakpo was here for this one, but I don't think we are going to need him.

The Giants couldn't stop Tampa, Dallas or Philly from running them over, although they got trash yards coming back against weak azz tampa, and they won't stop us! All they did is set themselves up to be embarrassed.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/jenkins/article/No-quarterback-has-ever-run-like-RGIII-3960789.php

Interesting take from the 49ers beat writer.....

- Given the chance to plunge headlong into the NFL Films library, in search of the greatest runs by a quarterback, you'd become immersed in the spectacular.

There's Steve Young running without a helmet, Michael Vick in full flight, wonderful improvisation from Marlin Briscoe and Randall Cunningham, wildly evasive scrambles by Fran Tarkenton and Roger Staubach. You'd get a look at Bobby Douglass and Steve McNair, maybe a clip or two from Cam Newton's rookie season.

There wouldn't be anything quite like Robert Griffin III's 76-yard touchdown against the Minnesota Vikings last week.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/jenkins/article/No-quarterback-has-ever-run-like-RGIII-3960789.php#ixzz29hr4UY2S

Those of us who've witnessed this rivalry know that there has always been a huge amount of respect between the two teams. They were battles-but at the end of the game they could shake hands. Mara's game behind the scenes has tainted that relationship. And it has infected my respect for the Giants. Move aside Cowgirls I want the gee-girls- HTTR!

Those of us who've witnessed this rivalry know that there has always been a huge amount of respect between the two teams. They were battles-but at the end of the game they could shake hands. Mara's game behind the scenes has tainted that relationship. And it has infected my respect for the Giants. Move aside Cowgirls I want the gee-girls- HTTR!

I believe the Redskins can win this game because I don't believe the Giants respect them and don't respect RG3.

That is what I'm getting from their fans coming here, that is what I am sensing in Giant player's interviews. They just had a beat writer for the Giants on NFL AM, and he said everything around RG3 was a lot of hype.

That's evidently what they believe. They think RG3 is just one big run and a lot of hype. Which is fine by me. :) Let them think that. Let the Giants think their big game was last week and we are a down game that should be a cake-walk for them. Let them underestimate RG3 and think he is just another Micheal Vick.

It will be that much sweeter when we beat them. :giantsuck:

Archived