Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Favre on the Mt Rushmore of QBs? (POLL)

G.A.C.O.L.B.

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I never liked Favre, but if he's not eligible then neither is Marino.

This. Favre was everything Marino was, with one ring. If you don't think Favre's ridiculous stats, longevity, and one ring get him into the top four, then yo definitely can't put Marino there.

For me, I see it like this.

Unitas, Elway, Montana/Brady, Favre.

I say this because those are two guys who were head and shoulders above their competition (Elway and Unitas), one guy who gets in purely by being the statistical God (a ring outs him over Marino), and one of two guys who don't necessarily have the giant numbers, but have been amazing leaders on great teams and have the hardware to back it up.

I think at best, Favre is a borderline top 10 QB. Maybe barely in there. No way is he anywhere near the top 5.

I agree, 100%. He was a great QB, but his gunslinger flaw hurt his teams a lot of times. It was still fun as hell watching him play, up to '09. The guy was amazing to do what he did at 40 years old.

I agree, 100%. He was a great QB, but his gunslinger flaw hurt his teams a lot of times. It was still fun as hell watching him play, up to '09. The guy was amazing to do what he did at 40 years old.

I mean don't get me wrong he was a great QB. I just don't think he was one of the greatest of all-time. Sure he has some nice records, but that had just as much to do with longevity than anything.

I mean don't get me wrong he was a great QB. I just don't think he was one of the greatest of all-time. Sure he has some nice records, but that had just as much to do with longevity than anything.

Agreed there as well. I think he played at a high level for a long time, but as far as being compared to the best of the best in the HOF, he doesn't belong there, and he shrank in a fair amount of postseason games, at the worst possible times...

Playing for 20 years, averaging probably like 25 TD's and 3500 yards, you are going to hold pretty much every major record in the end.

Elway made it to 5 superbowls, and won 2. He was widely considered one of the best come-back qb's of all time.

he put his teams behind the eightball with his sack and turnovers. His numbers do not stand out against his peers like Favre's numbers do either.

Elway pretty much went to the first 3 single handedly. Name anybody else on those teams. Meclenberg and nobody else. Sammy Winder wouldn't have even made the Skins roster, none of their 3 Amigos either, lol.

myth number two. The Broncos always had very good defenses in that era.

Mecklenberg and Dennis Smith were perennial pro bowlers.

I remember Bobby Humphries and Steve A****er too. But Elway deserves his accolades.

he played a long time and his numbers never stood out among his peers

Elway overrated? Lol

Howso?

Read my prior 3 points

but the stuff people say against Favre, you can also say against Elway and even more so. With Favre, even though he was a great gunslinger and hung around too long, and did win a super bowl on a stacked team.... um so did Elway. And at least with Favre, dude was playing at an all time level in his best years.

The Elway thing is the perfect place and perfect time. The 80s when players started to become larger than life and Elway had great made for TV moments. Plus he looked like the prototypical QB which is always in his favor. Elway, versus his peers, is no better than Eli Manning who people still laugh at as being a great, HOF QB. And Elway is not better than Brett Favre.

Baugh, Graham, Unitas and Montana

Baugh set the foundation for the modern passing game

Graham led his Browns to ten consecutive championship games and won over 80 percent of his starts

Unitas is the comeback king and was the model for consistency for nearly two decades

Montana was the full package. He had the arm, the brains and the guts to shape the greatest dynasty in the Super Bowl era

Baugh, Graham, Unitas and Montana

Baugh set the foundation for the modern passing game

Graham led his Browns to ten consecutive championship games and won over 80 percent of his starts

Unitas is the comeback king and was the model for consistency for nearly two decades

Montana was the full package. He had the arm, the brains and the guts to shape the greatest dynasty in the Super Bowl era

nice to see some love for Otto Graham. 10 straight championship game appearances is ridiculous. He also won an NBL basketball championship with the Rochester Royals, the year before the NBL became the NBA. An impressive man.....

Even if you're just going by stats, again, Favre has the most INTS in history. George Blanda is 2nd, almost 40!!! behind Favre.

But for every INT, he threw 1.5 TDs. His TD to INT differential was insane. It's probably only second behind Peyton at this point.

And there aren't too many QBs that were putting up 500 attempts at 40 years old.

I'm going to say yes, Favre should be on it. I think people's judgements are clouded by his antics in his later years. HIs career post 2004 ruined him in people's minds. But prior to that, I defy anyone to put a better career up against his.

Marino's>>>

as far as im concerned, Marino is the GAWD QB, until Robert steps up and takes over that mantle.

---------- Post added October-16th-2012 at 05:35 PM ----------

For all you saying that Favre's numbers were a product of his longevity, couldn't the same thing be said for Art Monk?

Just something to consider before you use that argument.

of course. The rules arent the same for Redskins players tho :)

He finished his career winning two back-to-back Super Bowls.

on loaded teams, innit?

the same criticism I have read for Favre on here. He hung around and wasnt even the main guy on his team anymore, it was TD.

I dont say this to say Favre should be on any Mt. Rushmore, but he had a better career than Elway.

Sammy Baugh: The first modern QB, the greatest player of a fledgling NFL

Joe Namath/Johnny Unitas: Arguments can be made for both. Unitas refined the QB position, Namath was a major factor in merging the NFL/AFL with his draft controversy and his SB win

Warren Moon: First great black QB, paving the way for many many others. Had some of the best stats if you combine those from all the leagues he played in as a pro

"Joe Cool" Montana: Made the WCO. 4 SBs. And one of the greatest QBs of all time (as long as you ask anybody but Oldfan)

Archived