Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Robert Griffin III faces mild concussion

Rumple_Stiltskin

'There's No Such Thing As a Minor Concussion,' UB Doctor Says

On the need to take concussions seriously:

“There’s no such thing as a minor concussion, and the problem is that once you have one or two, you’re more likely to have a third, fourth or a fifth, and then you are at risk for sustaining cumulative and permanent damage over time. The brain is a unique organ. You only have one, and you need it for almost everything else. Clearly, the animal and human research shows that if somebody goes back before they’re fully recovered, they’re going to fare much worse and often will have a second, more significant, injury.”

We need him against the Vikings, that is a winnable game. Their offense is stoppable and we can outperform their defense, but I doubt we do that without Griffin. I think we might have won this game with Griffin in the game instead of Captain Kirk Staredown (I kid, I don't blame a 4th round rookie for failing in that situation even if he did play bad).

That being said, don't rush him back in if he is not ready, brain injuries are very serious obviously and his safety is more important. I just hope he is okay, I think this serves as a wake up call for the coaches and training staff, not to mention Griffin himself.

This sounds weird to say but our record this year doesn't really matter.

With the injuries to Orakpo/Carriker and our terrible secondary, we're not going to the playoffs.

RG3 looks like the real deal, but he won't be any good if he piles up concussions.

That play was more of him throwing the ball away. He was outside the pocket and there was absolutely no room to run

Now THAT is a valid argument.

If he were trying to get extra yards and took a dumbass hit, then he would have been putting his shoulder down and going forward. He wasn't. He was sliding.

He should have, however, thrown the ball away. There was no play to be made. He'll learn.

Well I wasn't talking to you, but seeing how we all WILL be waiting for word from a doctor... A snide comment wasn't really necessary. But thanks, for responding to something not said to you.

This is a message board not instant messaging. If you want to say something to a poster 1-2-1 send them a PM - anything you post on a thread is open for anyone to respond to.

That play was more of him throwing the ball away. He was outside the pocket and there was absolutely no room to run

Now THAT is a valid argument.

If he were trying to get extra yards and took a dumbass hit, then he would have been putting his shoulder down and going forward. He wasn't. He was sliding.

He should have, however, thrown the ball away. There was no play to be made. He'll learn.

This is a message board not instant messaging. If you want to say something to a poster 1-2-1 send them a PM - anything you post on a thread is open for anyone to respond to.

It's not an instant messaging board? Wow thanks, you're so awesome.

that article sheds no new information...

After Sid Crosby and his ****, everyone knows they're no jokes.

Teams bs on injury reports all the time

My point is that people seem to be disregarding this as nothing major, and the only reason I can imagine why they'd be doing so is due to the use of the word 'minor'...which is bull****.

Hi there. :)

Going to lock this one for a few & toss out those that need it since some of you are reporting each other like children.

---------- Post added October-7th-2012 at 05:32 PM ----------

We now return you to your regularly scheduled bickering. Only now, without the seriously clueless. ;)

:)

Archived