Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Robert Griffin III faces mild concussion

Rumple_Stiltskin

Here is an article that was written concerning Aaron Rodgers concussions in 2010. I think it's a good read for us Skins fans on how the process works (He suffered multiple)....http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/02/04/concussions-affect-aaron-rodgers-super-bowl-performance/

One thing I wanted to point out though

“I think his risk is not that significant or greater than if he hadn’t had any this season,” Berger said. “Having had an event a month or six weeks ago, he’s essentially back to baseline, otherwise he wouldn’t have been cleared to play. Once we clear a player to go back, based on the guidelines, that player is clear to go and really doesn’t have any increased risk.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/02/04/concussions-affect-aaron-rodgers-super-bowl-performance/#ixzz28kRiTI00

These doctors aren't messing around. If he's cleared to go, he's cleared. he's not more likely to suffer another one contrary to belief

I remember a play where Tom Brady slid late like that, and London Fletcher got called for an unnecessary roughness penalty for hitting him. Griffin was clearly giving himself up. If an unathletic QB like Manning or Brady slides like that, even if it is late, it's a flag. Why? Because it's unnecessary. With athletic QB's, the refs don't show as much sympathy and let hits like that occur. It's frustrating because all QB's should be protected. No way could we have hit Matt Ryan like that and not have a flag thrown.

I hate to agree with Michael Vick, but he was right when he said the refs are quick to look at athletic QB's as runners and allow them to take way more punishment.

Yeah somebody linked the video of that London Fletcher hit on Tom Brady earlier in this thread. If one is a late hit then the other is too.

Archived