Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Robert Griffin III faces mild concussion

Rumple_Stiltskin

I think Injury Comittee Investigation Head Mara is looking into things right now.

;)

Ruh roh, Mara's militia is on the call again. Poor in-game injury wording, that's punishable by what? $12 million more in cap space? But we should feel lucky if they don't take any draft picks because of our heinous offense.

On a serious note, I was at the game. That hit was vicious, I had a sick feeling in my stomach as soon as I saw it. It seemed to play out in slow motion. Prayers with RG3, but the team better not let him be a hero while dealing with a concussion...

The NFL is a joke.

The Redskins did not put RG3 back into the game. What is the issue?

He immediately came off the field and was treated by doctors. The NFL and certain media members are upset because the Redskins didn't give them an update on his injury right away. Boo ****ing hoo.

This is what is wrong with the NFL. If the NFL cared about the players at all they would end injury reports and in-game reporting. It does nothing but make fans and media happy - it actually puts players at MORE risk to be targeted by the other team.

I'm surprised no one has pointed out Witherspoon and other ATL players jumping up and down celebrating while Griffin was laying on the ground less than 5 feet away. I mean, if he coughed the ball up or the hit did something "special" I might give it a pass, but the bottom line, they were celebrating an injury and it was classless and they should have been penalized for it. Then, to make it worse, they were dancing at the end of the game just to add more insult to injury.

I'm surprised no one has pointed out Witherspoon and other ATL players jumping up and down celebrating while Griffin was laying on the ground less than 5 feet away. I mean, if he coughed the ball up or the hit did something "special" I might give it a pass, but the bottom line, they were celebrating an injury and it was classless and they should have been penalized for it. Then, to make it worse, they were dancing at the end of the game just to add more insult to injury.

Witherspoon said he hoped that RGIII was okay at the end of the game. I think they were just excited they made a 3rd and goal stop.

The NFL is a joke.

The Redskins did not put RG3 back into the game. What is the issue?

He immediately came off the field and was treated by doctors. The NFL and certain media members are upset because the Redskins didn't give them an update on his injury right away. Boo ****ing hoo.

This is what is wrong with the NFL. If the NFL cared about the players at all they would end injury reports and in-game reporting. It does nothing but make fans and media happy - it actually puts players at MORE risk to be targeted by the other team.

Yeah. There have been several teams where they put the player right back in 2 plays later, when they have an obvious concussion.

I hate to be a conspiracy theory type of guy, but it seems like the NFL has it out for the Redskins.

He was sliding.

I don't get how you guys don't get it.

I thought he was giving himself up on a slide too. I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that.

The only thing I will say is that he needed to give himself up a little sooner.

Hopefully we will rest him for as long as it takes to make sure he is healthy. Protecting him for the long term is important.

I hope he is okay and back on the field soon.

---------- Post added October-8th-2012 at 04:36 AM ----------

Because some are special.

I thought of that too.

We saw the hit live, right in front of us.

It was nasty, there was a huge hole in the ground from his head.

Ouch.

It looked bad on TV too. He was clearly out cold and bleeding.

I don't think it was an illegal hit, but I don't think it was a clean hit either.

---------- Post added October-8th-2012 at 04:42 AM ----------

We'll see if the good ole Redskins' curse continues.

I'm starting to believe in that myself.

If they do let him rest, I think our other RG should start. Rex gets the start and Kirk is #2 again. I think that will give us the best chance to win.

Me too. I like Cousins though, and he did a good job today. I just think Rex knows the offense way better at this point.

Start Rexy and feed AlMo until Griff is 100% for sure. Do not want to risk multiple concussions with him.

Hopefully it is not too serious and we get RG3 back soon, but don't rush it.

Archived