Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Psychopath test

DeaconTheVillain

This is actually the 4th time for this one here. It's a little sad to me that anyone of "normal" intelligence would actually read this and think it could possibly be part of some real psychological assessment (anymore than any actual definition of insanity is "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"--another nonsensical bromide, and no, it was never even said by Einstein, either).

But the internet has amply supported how even people of "normal" intelligence might believe anything. It's just so stupid and empty in general that it's curious (to be kind) that anyone even finds it interesting enough to even entertain, after reading it, for any reason. :)

Blah, blah, blah. Obviously your profession is hokum if we can accurately diagnose all manner of psychological conditions with a simple question. The game is up for you charlatans.

This is actually the 4th time for this one here. It's a little sad to me that anyone of "normal" intelligence would actually read this and think it could possibly be part of some real psychological assessment (anymore than any actual definition of insanity is "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"--another nonsensical bromide, and no, it was never even said by Einstein, either).

But the internet has amply supported how even people of "normal" intelligence might believe anything. It's just so stupid and empty in general that it's curious (to be kind) that anyone even finds it interesting enough to even entertain, after reading it, for any reason. :)

Love this post.

At most, the question is an odd (dark) logic question. The hints are there. I'm disappointed I didn't get it. But the real difference between someone who can figure it out and an actual psychopath is that the psychopath comes up with the "solution" to finding her love on her own and acts on it.

But what I really love about the post is the reference to the "Einstein quote". I've lost count of the times I've seen it repeated as if it were true.

I took this same test. Gladly I didn't surmise the answer :-).

Scary thing about it, a co-worker guessed the "correct" answer on his first guess. To make it doubly worse; his brother, who works with us, couldn't deduce the answer but when his brother figured it out he said "oh yeah that makes perfect sense." After that I never told them it was a psycopath test. So far he is the only person I know who has "figured" the question out when told. Told about it.

As someone with a degree in psychology (okay I minored in it, but still), i can say this is utter b.s. This is more of a test of your ability to understand behaviors and thought patterns that are (hopefully) vastly different from yours. If anything, getting this question right proves you know how to see things from other people's perspectives. Thats not sociopathic, its more a question of flexibility of mind..

I could be biased. I got the answer immediately. No worries though, Ive been chased out of my own house by an insect and still couldnt bring myself to kill it.

I guess I'm a psychopath because I figured it out...I mean she met him at a funeral -> she killed her sister..made sense to me.

Figuring out whodunnit in mystery novels/shows/movies doesn't make you a psychopath either.

Not sure why, if she fell in love with him, she didn't ask for his number.

This is silly.

Ack. It's never been a "psych" question., Just another internet exercise in dumbass or insipidity. It's also embarrassing to see anyone claiming even a "minor in psych" try to put any kind of reasonable or useful nature spin on it. I should just kill it now.

Ack. It's never been a "psych" question., Just another internet exercise in dumbass or insipidity. It's also embarrassing to see anyone claiming even a "minor in psych" try to put any kind of reasonable or useful nature spin on it. I should just kill it now.

Fair point. What I was trying to say is that this is an old and musty exercise.

You know, when I was in college, I thought my roomate was having sex on the bunk above me so I snuck out and in the morning he was dead and on the mirror was "Aren't you glad you didn't turn on the light?" written in blood.

Is claiming a "minor in psych" similar to having a child in therapy?

You know' date=' when I was in college, I thought my roomate was having sex on the bunk above me so I snuck out and in the morning he was dead and on the mirror was "Aren't you glad you didn't turn on the light?" written in blood.[/quote']

Happens to everyone freshman year.

---------- Post added October-10th-2012 at 01:47 PM ----------

Is claiming a "minor in psych" similar to having a child in therapy?

I always have a "special place" in my heart for the "I minored in..." crowd. :evilg:

Fair point. What I was trying to say is that this is an old and musty exercise.

You know' date=' when I was in college, I thought my roomate was having sex on the bunk above me so I snuck out and in the morning he was dead and on the mirror was "Aren't you glad you didn't turn on the light?" written in blood.[/quote']

I was wondering why you left...

Archived