Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential debate thread

Corcaigh

how can anyone call this a draw?

I think in any standard manner, it was clearly a win for Romney. Now I won't be surprised if afterwards he's sliced and diced on any number of very smooth answers. But maybe not. He won, though, IMO.

There are Obama supporters saying the same thing right now, but they have the polar opposite opinion of who won as you.

That is how, people think their guy won.

I hardly see any Obama supporters on twitter happy about his performance tonight, most seem pretty disapointed.

Partisan Republicans will say Romney crushed. Partisan Democrats will say Obama crushed. Everyone else will say it was a draw, because it was. Thing is, a draw isn't good enough for Romney. The superficial things like likeability will hurt Romney. He comes off as a used car salesman and I don't know anyone who likes used car salesman. That superficial thing help get Bush elected twice. or Selected once and Elected once if you prefer.

There are Obama supporters saying the same thing right now, but they have the polar opposite opinion of who won as you.

That is how, people think their guy won.

I mean, yeah I am biased, but I also can give a fair review and would give Obama credit if he had been impressive. But he wasn't. He had no energy. He stammered. He said "uh" and "um" hundreds of times. He didn't speak as if he was prepared. He didn't come back at Romney and debate him on what Romney said.

Seriously, can you explain how Mitt Romney pays for everything? Tax cuts, increased military spending, keeping the best parts of health care, increasing education spending, etc. He claims to want to keep everything good and somehow still cut the debt.

Guest Spearfeather
I think in any standard manner, it was clearly a win for Romney. Now I won't be surprised if afterwards he's sliced and diced on any number of very smooth answers. But maybe not. He won, though, IMO.

Capture.jpg

I agree with you. I think Romney won this debate though I don't think he won as decisively as you probably do.

Now was Romney was being honest....that's a different matter entirely.

This is why I don't think he won. Yes, maybe his delivery was better than Obama's, but I don't know if anything he said was up to snuff.

If Romney pulls the upset of all time that Dewey couldn't in 1948; he will be a one term president and it wouldn't shock me if he's not the Republican nominee in 2016. Also, if he pulls the upset; Hillary Clinton will be the winner of the 2016 Election.

This debate is a draw but I don't think it did anything to change the dynamics of the race. Obama will be getting 4 more years and the race should be over by 9pm.

Archived