Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alfred Morris - dropping the ball before crossing the plane

dwills1

Jeebus guys. Go back and watch an actual replay. You know, from field level and not looking down from the back of the endzone. The ball was so clearly across the plane of the goal it isn't even close. It is a full yard into the endzone before he spins it out of his hand. The andle of that shot would NEVER be used because there is no perspective. EVERYTHING looks closer to the field than the end zone because of the downward angle and the distance from the goal line.

+1 on the angle angle.

Its perplexing why the NFL chooses to largely disdain common sense angles, like a camera STRAIGHT down the LOS, first down marker, or goal line, since replays are such a critical part of the game now.

But you even see it on reviews, they accept a horrible camera angle as conclusive proof.

Regardless, players should be coached to never risk it. You almost think it shouldn't have to be coached, but Banks last year, and many other times over the years, it does need to be coached.

Meh. No big deal. That looks like that might be his style there. Get close,then let the hand drop a bit,then bascially drop/place the ball in the endzone after crossing the plane. Appeared like he was looking at where he was the whole time. If the coaches say anything,it'll probably be one of those "Be careful. Wouldn't want anybody sneaking up on you and knock the ball out" things.

I refuse to pile on our standout sixth round pick who is kicking ass this season. Bad camera angle...he crossed, scored and then hit a homerrun into the upper deck.

This. Should he hold the ball a little longer? Maybe. I've been more impressed with how he's held onto the ball between the tackles this year. :)

And I love his TD celebration. It's the most awesome when he runs over someone right before he does it. See New Orleans.

Once the foot crosses, the ball doesn't need to. Very odd rule. You could walk in backwards with the ball extending toward opposite goal line and as soon as your heal touches the line it is a TD. That being said, there is no reason to make it so close. Make it easy on the guys doing the review.

Once the foot crosses, the ball doesn't need to. Very odd rule. You could walk in backwards with the ball extending toward opposite goal line and as soon as your heal touches the line it is a TD. That being said, there is no reason to make it so close. Make it easy on the guys doing the review.
Not sure where you learned football, but where the ball is is the only thing that matters. Once the nose of the ball reaches the GL, TD. Matters not where your ankles, knees, wrists, head, ass is, the ball is all that matters. That is why the RB/WR/QBs all dive out of bounds but reach the ball inside the pylon.

I honestly don't think it was THAT close.. he's clearly in the endzone by the time he begins to let the ball go. Not that big a deal IMO..

The fact that we are talking about it is too close for comfort for me. I would rather him just get 4-5 yards in the end zone then drop it. Plenty of time for celebration afterwards. He has played great and not made that mistake, so I am not knocking him, i would just rather him be safe than sorry. Especially with Redskin luck

It's tough to see from the low resolutions highlights I keep finding, but it looks like it was actually pretty close. I tried to pause the youtube video at the point he released the ball, but it's just a rough guess without an HD video.

EDIT: It definitely looks like a TD, but I can see why people are saying it's unnecessarily close.

M8RJd.png

It's tough to see from the low resolutions highlights I keep finding, but it looks like it was actually pretty close. I tried to pause the youtube video at the point he released the ball, but it's just a rough guess without an HD video.

EDIT: It definitely looks like a TD, but I can see why people are saying it's unnecessarily close.

http://i.imgur.com/M8RJd.png

Looks a yard deep to me.

Archived