Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alfred Morris - dropping the ball before crossing the plane

dwills1

Seen him do the same thing in an earlier game.. Made it across, but barely.. Dont know what it is with some of these guys, they just can't wait to let go of the football.. Bad habit to have imo.. It's not a hot potato, just hold the ball until you have both feet in the zone!! Is it really that hard to do?

Hes about to hit one out of the park.

I gotta admit i love his td celebration. He crossed the plane this picture is the worst angle ever. Why did you pause your tv at the worst possible angle to determine if he let go of the ball? Totally inconclussive from this angle.

The replacement refs called they want their logic back.

This is the second week in a row he's done this. I hope they catch it on film, it could cost us in the future.

The ball is coming out - he's not across the goal line.

I had to come back, drawn in by the ludicrousness of it all. I think starting this thread should cost you not him, FWIW JMHO. That angle by all common sense is the worst possible to show where the ball is at that moment in time.

The ball is dropped on the white of the B in Buccaneers. That white is so CLEARLY in the endzone, anyone fretting about it is a nervous nellie. This is so far down the list of concerns with this team, it isn't even on the list! Seriously people, the ball was a yard into the endzone. That is no different than him carrying the ball to the back of the endzone and handing it to a fan.

I think he needs to be cut ASAP. How dare he drop the ball after crossing the goal line. We need Vinny back; gawd Mike doesn't know how to draft, all he does is draft no talent thugs that care more about touchdown celebrations.

Bring back Marcus Mason, he's from around here, so he's automatically better than Alfred Morris.

God I hate this team, this FO has no idea what they are doing.

good, let's put this puppy to rest!!

The issue is not about whether this TD was actually good or not, it is about the fact that he began the process of letting go of the ball before he was fully in the end zone. He may have still had the ball, but it was close, and if this keeps on happening, one of these days he could pull a Deshawn Jackson. Or what if the on field official did call it a fumble, even if he is wrong, there would need to be indisputable visual evidence to over turn it.

For safety sake, lets get two steps in the end zone before we throw the ball away.

The issue is not about whether this TD was actually good or not, it is about the fact that he began the process of letting go of the ball before he was fully in the end zone. He may have still had the ball, but it was close, and if this keeps on happening, one of these days he could pull a Deshawn Jackson. Or what if the on field official did call it a fumble, even if he is wrong, there would need to be indisputable visual evidence to over turn it.

For safety sake, lets get two steps in the end zone before we throw the ball away.

The issue here is Redskins fans are so accustomed to bad things happening on offense they are creating a concern for the offense. If anyone watches a sideline replay, the ball is released a full yard into the endzone. A full yard into the endzone is no different than carrying it in and spiking it at the back of the endzone because as soon as the nose of the ball breaks the plane (the edge of the goal line field side) a TD has been scored. By carrying the ball 39 yards not just to the goal line, but over it and a yard past it, Morris convincingly (and very CLEARLY) possessed the ball, crossed the goal line while in possession of the ball, and was awarded a TD. The play was reviewed immediately by the replay official who then confirmed with the one field official that the TD would stand.

where there is smoke there is fire. Skins fans aren't lying about being concerned at the time.

He may have started celebrating a little too early. It's ok to admit it.

Yes he had the ball as he crossed the goal line. No one is disputing that.

Because he is a man.

Archived