Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo.com : US Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens killed in consulate attack in Benghazi

killerbee99

You never see Muslims riot when western elements show depictions of Jesus, Moses, or even god for that matter. Ignorant Muslims have turned Muhammad into a deity like figure (maybe even in more reverence) and violated a sacred tenant of Islam, that is the terrible irony in this.

You never see Muslims riot when western elements show depictions of Jesus, Moses, or even god for that matter. Ignorant Muslims have turned Muhammad into a deity like figure (maybe even in more reverence) and violated a sacred tenant of Islam, that is the terrible irony in this.

Graven images my man, graven images.

Most Sunni Muslims believe that visual depictions of all the prophets of Islam should be prohibited[3] and are particularly averse to visual representations of Muhammad.[4] The key concern is that the use of images can encourage idolatry.[5] In Shia Islam, however, images of Muhammad are quite common nowadays, even though Shia scholars historically were against such depictions.[4][6] Still, many Muslims who take a stricter view of the supplemental traditions will sometimes challenge any depiction of Muhammad, including those created and published by non-Muslims.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depictions_of_Muhammad

I know quite a few Muslims who want nothing to do with pictures at all, don't want to be in them, don't want to take them, nada.

Here is a good discussion on why its a big deal to some Muslims about Muhammad being portrayed but like everything in Islam and most other religions it varies greatly in its interpretation and practice.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2006/02/graven_images_101.html

Graven images my man, graven images.

I'm having a brain fart...what about them? You agree that this is why they get upset?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depictions_of_Muhammad

I know quite a few Muslims who want nothing to do with pictures at all, don't want to be in them, don't want to take them, nada.

Here is a good discussion on why its a big deal to some Muslims about Muhammad being portrayed but like everything in Islam and most other religions it varies greatly in its interpretation and practice.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2006/02/graven_images_101.html

Eh, I use to be muslim, and in my past experience this was more of an absolute then some sort of spectrum you could test. You don't draw god or his prophets. But that is where the hypocrisy is, they only riot for Muhammad these days. I think its asinine to assign omnipotent immunity to human figures. Surely drawing a caricature of Jesus or Muhammad would not compel any sane person to worship that drawing...

for a country that gets shelled on a fairly regular basis, they sure are restrained by someone/something.....American tax money??

They are restrained by taking our money? There is a simple solution to that... The US wouldn't lift a finger to force them to stop if they chose to go to war with Iran, but they don't want to. They want the US to do it for them. There is no leash forced on them.

You mean Kitchner? Kitchner? Kitchner, who got himseklf and 7000 of his troops killed in what was supposed to be a retaliatory mission for deaths of 300 British soldiers? The same Kitchner for whom a revenge mission was sent, headed by Gordon, that managed to end even more disastrously than Kitchner's mission?? The Kitchner disaster is completely and deeply embedded in the British psyche, and not as a good moment in British history. If anything was learned from the Kitchner disaster, it was that sometimes, its just better to leave people alone to their own devices...

I missed an e that would be Kitchener as in Lord Kitchener who drowned in the North Sea after the cruiser he was travelling in hit a mine in 1916. Think your a bit off in your history though, quite a bit, actually (as in a "when the Germans attacked Pearl Harbor" level of inaccuracy) . Just pointing out AS's assertion on what violence solves is historically inaccurate.

I'm seriously tired of these ignorant muslim extremist asshats. ignorant little whining ****es. and cowards. really, the worst this world has to offer.

I'm tired of the respect they get. **** them. Reading about how mean the movie is annoys me because really, so what?! I don't care if they don't like something or what they think people should or shouldn't say. They offer no respect, murder people that disagree, and then kill randomly when they see anything they don't like. Yet for some reason I'm supposed to care that a movie offended them? If any are caught I'd chain them to a damn wall and play the movie on a loop in full surround sound for a decade.

I'm seriously tired of these ignorant muslim extremist asshats. ignorant little whining ****es. and cowards. really, the worst this world has to offer.

i would say anyone who is that extremist about their religion or beliefs are the worse the world has offer. That includes ignorant Christian extremist asshats. Ignorant Jewish asshats.

Hmmm.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/obama-we-dont-consider-current-egyptian-government-an-ally-but-they-are-not-our-enemy/

Obama: ‘We Don’t Consider’ Current Egyptian Government An Ally, But They Are Not Our Enemy

President Obama gave an interview to Telemundo today in which the president reacted to the violence in Egypt and Libya. In response to a question about whether he considers Egypt to be an ally of the United States, Obama said that while he doesn’t necessarily consider the current regime an ally, they are not an enemy either.

Obama walked a thin line in answering whether he considers the current Egyptian government an ally of the United States.

“I don’t think that we would consider them an ally, but we don’t consider them an enemy.”

The president acknowledged that the current Egyptian regime was democratically elected, and said the United States will have to “wait and see” how they respond to the attacks on the U.S. embassy. Obama said that some of the government’s responses have not necessarily aligned with the interests of the United States.

also, not sure if its been posted but this is the trailer that lead to the attack

no excuse at all for the killings by that group, but there is no excuse for this ignorant tripe either.

---------- Post added September-13th-2012 at 12:48 AM ----------

(mind you, I am not equating the two and it is completely insane to kill over a friggin movie.)

I'm tired of the respect they get. **** them. Reading about how mean the movie is annoys me because really, so what?! I don't care if they don't like something or what they think people should or shouldn't say. They offer no respect, murder people that disagree, and then kill randomly when they see anything they don't like. Yet for some reason I'm supposed to care that a movie offended them? If any are caught I'd chain them to a damn wall and play the movie on a loop in full surround sound for a decade.

Don't know about the respect thing and your exact angle on it ("who" is getting "what" from "who"), but sure agree on the whole "murdering people you disagree with" and any version of suggesting there's anything acceptable about that, beliefs (any) or culture (any) be damned. I'm sorry ASF, but I'm more blood for blood on this matter and I truly get where you're coming from on the "violence for violence isn't working."

I think that depends on your goal. Mine wouldn't be to use it to change mankind's nature, but to make these killers dead. So violence is great for me in that usage. I do generally advocate showing respect in most matters of religious sensitivities. And zoony detailed what kind of individual he was castigating.

Don't know about the respect thing and your exact angle on it "who" is getting "what" from "who"), but sure agree on the whole "murdering people you disagree with" and any version of suggesting there's anything acceptable about that, beliefs (any) or culture (any) be damned. I'm sorry ASF, but I'm more blood for blood on this matter and I truly get where you're coming form on the "violence for violence isn't working. I think that depends on your goal. Mine wouldn't be to use it to change mankind's nature, but to make these killers dead. So violence is great for me in that usage. I do generally advocate showing respect in most matters of religious sensitivities. And zoony detailed what kind of individual he was castigating.

I never suggested those actions are acceptable. Its not. The reason for it is complete ignorant too.

However you cannot make a movie like that. Its completely ignorant and the purpose is to illicit a response. The director of that movie called Islam a cancer. There are degrees of bad, and killing innocent people because of a film is on a greater scale of wrong, but that movie was disgusting and served no value except to insult that religion.

Agree on the whole "murdering people you disagree with" and any version of suggesting there's anything acceptable about that, beliefs (any) or culture (any) be damned. I'm sorry ASF, but I'm more blood for blood on this matter and I truly get where you're coming form on the "violence for violence isn't working. I think that depends on your goal. Mine wouldn't be to use it to change mankind's nature, but to make these killers dead. So violence is great for me in that usage. I do advocate showing respect in most matters of religious sensitivities at any reasonable level. And zoony properly detailed what kind of individual he was castigating.

Agreed. Going crazy and murdering innocent people because some random movie out of left field hurt your poor wittow feewings is just beyond any kind of reason. What are we, five year olds who throw temper tantrums with explosives every time we don't like the littlest thing??? Grow some skin.

Agreed. Going crazy and murdering innocent people because some random movie out of left field hurt your poor wittow feewings is just beyond any kind of reason. What are we, five year olds who throw temper tantrums with explosives every time we don't like the littlest thing??? Grow some skin.

if you look at American foreign policy in that region, and most of the 3rd world, you would probably be directing those comments towards America too.

Do you guys really think that these terrorists attacked the embassy because of some movie trailer? People may have come out to protest for the movie but it seems pretty clear to me that professional terrorists used that as a cover for their attack. And my guess is those guys were waiting for a chance and the movie had 0 to do w/ their motivation.

What's increasingly troublesome is it looks like this **** was designed to do what it's actually doing to all involved, only succeeding at a wildly high level for all its amateur crappy stupid nutterism.

exactly what I said earlier. There was no point of this film except to be provocateur.

Do you guys really think that these terrorists attacked the embassy because of some movie trailer? People may have come out to protest for the movie but it seems pretty clear to me that professional terrorists used that as a cover for their attack. And my guess is those guys were waiting for a chance and the movie had 0 to do w/ their motivation.

no doubt

just like a criminal just needs a chance to commit a crime. Those nut jobs were waiting for any excuse.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/584052-wikileaks-us-govt-gave-tacit-approval-to-attack-embassies-worldwide/

Wikileaks: U.s. Gov't Gave 'tacit Approval' To Attack Embassies Worldwide

The controversial whistle-blowing website WikiLeaks on late Wednesday declared that the American and British governments had effectively given groups an opening to attack embassies by supporting Britain's siege of the Ecuadorian Embassy in London.

The statements were made through the official WikiLeaks account on Twitter, immediately prompting harsh criticism from both supporters and opponents. It is not known who manages the WikiLeaks Twitter account, although some reports have said its founder Julian Assange has recently assumed control of the feed.

"By the US accepting the UK siege on the Ecuadorian embassy in London it gave tacit approval for attacks on embassies around the world," the first message said, adding: "By the UK threatening to breach the Ecuadorian embassy in London it helped to normalize attacks on embassies, in general. It must retract."

https://twitter.com/Reem_Abdellatif

BREAKING: Obama speaks with Libyan, Egyptian presidents, urges security cooperation. -AP

2:33 AM

(Although Libya doesn't actually have a president anymore....

They have a PM, and a head of the general assembly.

Ok, going by the Reuters articles, they're refering to the assembly leader, Magarief)

http://af.reuters.com/article/libyaNews/idAFL5E8KD19F20120913

https://twitter.com/AymanM

In call w Obama, Prez Morsi offers condolences over US deaths in Libya & Emphasized his govts commitment to safeguard US personnel in Egypt

2:36 AM

Archived