Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo.com : US Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens killed in consulate attack in Benghazi

killerbee99

Please explain what "their culture" is or who "they" is. Lets make sure this is clear this was done by a small and radical group of Libyans not by anything mainstream even within the Salafi community so be careful when you talk about "their culture".

Hardcore fanatical Muslims in the middle east (or anywhere for that matter). I also call hardcore fanatical Christians in the US "they". I might have phrased that better, I don't mean what you're thinking I mean. Sorry if that was insulting, not my intent. It's early here.

Hardcore fanatical Muslims in the middle east. I also call hardcore fanatical Christians in the US "they". I might have phrased that better, I don't mean what you're thinking I mean. Sorry if that was insulting, not my intent. It's early here.

I was just trying to clear that up, thats what I thought you meant but didn't want that to start a jumping off point for others to bash Muslims or other groups.

I was just trying to clear that up, thats what I thought you meant but didn't want that to start a jumping off point for others to bash Muslims or other groups.

You had a valid point and I'm not above being corrected (matter of fact I appreciate the opportunity to clarify it before others think that's what I mean too). It's all good. :cheers:

Attacking our embassy and then killing our Ambassador crosses a line. This is an attack on US soil.

Our response needs to be one that will send a serious message. If it were me, I wouldn't rule out military action.

How spontaneous were these demonstrations? Where did the killers get rocket propelled grenades to do the killing? Where was Libyan law enforcement or security forces during these protests and attacks? Were they present? Did they make any effort to control the mob? Did they stand idly by? Answers to those questions will help inform the U.S. response.

Attacking our embassy and then killing our Ambassador crosses a line. This is an attack on US soil.

Our response needs to be one that will send a serious message. If it were me, I wouldn't rule out military action.

Great what target(s) would you suggest? Maybe the falafal shop on the corner of Tazik Square, I hear they use fillers.

Where did the killers get rocket propelled grenades to do the killing? .

You're kidding right? After their civil war those things are bound to be everywhere.

---------- Post added September-12th-2012 at 09:19 AM ----------

Exactly, track and exterminate

Because killing them has shown to be effective at stopping violence....never.

I don't have the answers to what type of response. I don't have access to intelligence that the government has. The only information I have is the same information that you have from the news.

If we don't send a serious message, then it puts all of our embassy's all over the world at risk. While smaller in scope, this attack is no different than 9/11. It was an attack on US soil.

If it is good enough for Osama ,it is good enough for the ones behind this.

letting them live will NOT stop violence

Look up the definition of "destructive cycle". So you kill the guy who fired the RPG or even better the guy who started the rally and put them there to begin with....problem solved right? I laugh because if I don't I'll lose my mind.

I don't have the answers to what type of response. I don't have access to intelligence that the government has. The only information I have is the same information that you have from the news.

If we don't send a serious message, then it puts all of our embassy's all over the world at risk. While smaller in scope, this attack is no different than 9/11. It was an attack on US soil.

As long as we don't start two wars over it, I'm ok. I'd rather pull our people and aid and use intelligence to punish the individuals responsible. Better yet if the LIbyan government punishes them and acts like a responsible body.

---------- Post added September-12th-2012 at 07:27 AM ----------

Sometimes I wonder, "what would Sarge's view of this be"...them twa shows up. It's just like having Sarge back.

twa is a lot more subtle than Sarge ever was. Usually. :)

Look up the definition of "destructive cycle". So you kill the guy who fired the RPG or even better the guy who started the rally and put them there to begin with....problem solved right? I laugh because if I don't I'll lose my mind.

what is your suggested response to a organised ,armed, attack that killed 4 US diplomats?

I'm afraid that the most reasonable response is a strongly worded statement. That's it.

Sure, I'd like to see us kick some ass, but unfortunately we can't. What do you want us to do, invade Libya? Bomb Benghazi? Ultimately, we want Libya to be our ally and unfortunately these deaths will be part of the cost of our relationship.

Sometimes I wonder, "what would Sarge's view of this be"...then twa shows up. It's just like having Sarge back.

Well, I think Sarge was the same guy as AirSarge who said he had intell about WMD being found almost 10 years ago. I don't think anybody has been that stupid since.

Regardless, this is a bad situation. We have people here who are preaching hate to set off other folks because its not their responsibility once somebody gets killed. Part of me wants us to just leave these parts of the world to consume themselves. If they aren't fighting us, they are fighting each other.

RIP to those who died in these attacks and shame on those who couldn't even wait until after 9/11 to make it political.

You're kidding right? After their civil war those things are bound to be everywhere.

---------- Post added September-12th-2012 at 09:19 AM ----------

Because killing them has shown to be effective at stopping violence....never.

Your statement is historically inaccurate - reference Kitchner and the Sudan. Just pointing out a historical inaccuracy not advocating killing them, in this case,

What a horrible, terrible tragedy. This makes me sick

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/12/world/africa/libya-us-ambassador-killed/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Libya's Prime Minister Abdurrahim el-Keib apologized "to the American people and the government, and also to the rest of the world" for the "cowardly criminal act."

Libyan Deputy Prime Minister Mustafa Abushagur said Stevens was "a friend of Libya, and we are shocked at the the attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi."

"I condemn these barbaric acts in the strongest possible terms. This is an attack on America, Libya and free people everywhere," Abushagur said on Twitter.

what is your suggested response to a organised ,armed, attack that killed 4 US diplomats?
First, take a breath and make sure you identify exactly what happened and who was responsible. The second worst thing we can do is nothing. The worst thing we can do is attack the wrong people. If we attack innocents as a show of force we're no better than those killers are.

I'm afraid that the most reasonable response is a strongly worded statement. That's it.

Sure, I'd like to see us kick some ass, but unfortunately we can't. What do you want us to do, invade Libya? Bomb Benghazi? Ultimately, we want Libya to be our ally and unfortunately these deaths will be part of the cost of our relationship.

That definitely seems like the best course of action that and continue to work with the Libyan government to work against extremist groups like Ansar al-Sharia. There really isn't much else productive we can do. Unfortunately the right wing seems to want to make this a heavily politicized issue (not the posters on this board) with ****heads like Reince Priebus tweeting that "Obama sympathizes with attackers in Egypt. Sad and Pathetic" I hope the backlash for both Mitt Romney and people like this is enormous,

Kill more of the people that did it....that'll stop the violence and the hatred. You sound as twisted as thug gang leaders, only when we realize that violence is not the answer will we look for other solutions. We've tried it your way, it hasn't worked.

with ****heads like Reince Priebus tweeting that "Obama sympathizes with attackers in Egypt. Sad and Pathetic" I hope the backlash for both Mitt Romney and people like this is enormous,

Reince must be great at raising money, because he is one of the most obnoxious little twerps in politics. And color me shocked that the GOP is not so subtly appealing to the "that black Muslim guy isn't a REAL American" crowd.

Kill more of the people that did it....that'll stop the violence and the hatred. You sound as twisted as thug gang leaders, only when we realize that violence is not the answer will we look for other solutions. We've tried it your way, it hasn't worked.

We helped liberate them and armed them, now they are free so we fight. This system has worked for a long time. Get on board.

Archived