Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo.com : US Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens killed in consulate attack in Benghazi

killerbee99

The film is basically inaccurate, trolling garbage. In fact, the film creator doesn't even exist...and he is allegedly "in hiding" because he fears for his life.

Make provocative video

"Disappear" because you "fear for your life"

Why would you create that video and then hide when the **** hits the fan? Stand up for yourself.

From what i heard on the radio this morning Timeline: That second attack in Benghazi was just an attack without a protest with immediate gunfire, CNN has a good timeline

Listening to a former ambassador during this anniversary how was there not more awareness, it ramped up slowly and then exploded.

She also said that letter put out in the Embassy about religion/movie had to have been approved before it went out...

TWA: It boggles the mind how a previous attack and the remembrance of 9/11 and the evacuation of other embassies = didn't have host country support before the attacks...

Though we did just save Benghazi almost exactly 1 year ago today, you'd think it would buy you a good relationship for a little while, apparently not even 10months.

if you look at American foreign policy in that region, and most of the 3rd world, you would probably be directing those comments towards America too.

To an extent, you're right. We should pack up camp and get the hell out of there. Along with our money. And while we're at it, lets temporarily halt sending bribes (I mean "aid") everywhere, cut everybody off, until we make the rest of the world feel the pain that comes at the expense of american lives. Not a single penny leaves this country, until american lives are secured around the world. Then lets see how long it takes for these "secret sneaky rebels" to start showing up dead in the streets? I bet you it wouldn't take long. Otherwise, we go in with drone attacks, blow up a militant camp, they'll claim it was daycare/unicorn factory, the rest of the world will start shaking there fingers at us again, and we'll send them a bunch of hush money (I mean "Aid", why do I keep doing that). This constant cycle of dead americans, ****ing and moaning, blow something up, pay someone off... its just getting tiresome.

Isnt this the second time something like the below happens:

The State Department said that some time between 10:15 p.m. and 11:20 p.m., Stevens left the main building and went to the hospital. Clinton said he was taken there by Libyans.

Stevens was not seen by his colleagues until his body was brought later that evening to the Benghazi airport

How on Earth do we keep losing people when there are supposed to be armed guards around them...

Isnt this the second time something like the below happens:

How on Earth do we keep losing people when there are supposed to be armed guards around them...

If Marines are sent in , hopefully the Rules of Engagement will include Lethal Force. Lets See if Obama has the stones to let that be known worldwide

---------- Post added September-13th-2012 at 07:16 AM ----------

After Saudi Arabia, Benghazi apparently sent the most terrorists, radicals to battle the US troops in Iraq,

if you look at American foreign policy in that region, and most of the 3rd world, you would probably be directing those comments towards America too.

What does US foreign policy in that region have to do with these protests and the murder of the ambassador and security staffers? If anything, the attacks are even more despicable in light of recent US foreign policy towards Egypt and Libya. We supported, to varying degrees, the ouster of two dictators and some respond by saying, "Cool, thanks. Now we're going to take over your embassy, set it ablaze and murder your former Peace Corps volunteer and diplomatic ambassador."

Iranians, Libyans, Egyptians, Afghans, and Yemenis seem to really wrestle with the concepts of free speech and the sanctity of embassies. Ridiculous.

I never suggested those actions are acceptable. Its not. The reason for it is complete ignorant too.

However you cannot make a movie like that. Its completely ignorant and the purpose is to illicit a response. The director of that movie called Islam a cancer. There are degrees of bad, and killing innocent people because of a film is on a greater scale of wrong, but that movie was disgusting and served no value except to insult that religion.

Big ****ing deal. So someone made an ignorant, stupid movie about their religion.

Life sucks, wear a ****ing cup. People aren't going to like you, people aren't going to like your religion, your politics, or the goddamn smartphone you have.

It's not the first movie that'll insult a religion, it certainly won't be the last.

Big ****ing deal. So someone made an ignorant, stupid movie about their religion.

Life sucks, wear a ****ing cup. People aren't going to like you, people aren't going to like your religion, your politics, or the goddamn smartphone you have.

It's not the first movie that'll insult a religion, it certainly won't be the last.

It's also not the first time Muslims in a third world country have reacted this way. Not that I excuse it, but if you poke a hornets nest...

It's also not the first time Muslims in a third world country have reacted this way. Not that I excuse it, but if you poke a hornets nest...

I understand. But their sense of logic is so warped...they think if they keep killing and doing stuff like this no one will have the balls to stand up to them and that they can do as they please.

It just puts a spotlight on them and shows how ass backward they are. Meanwhile, ignorant people here see it and feel that it's right to make a movie like that or burn a Koran.

Not excusing burning a Koran or making a movie like that either, both are stupid things to do...but to take it a few steps lower is worse.

I'm not heavily into my religion (Christianity) but I know when I see some ignorant things said about it, I don't want to grab a machete and cut off someones head. I roll my eyes and move on. These guys want to grab bombs and bullets because they're so offended. **** them.

Per CNN: The attack came as protesters outside the compound rallied against a movie that unflatteringly portrays Islam’s Prophet Mohammed. But U.S. sources have said they believe the attack was planned before the protest, and that the attackers used the protest as a diversion.

A London think tank with strong ties to Libya speculated Wednesday that Stevens was the victim of a targeted al Qaeda revenge attack.

The assault "came to avenge the death of Abu Yaya al-Libi, al Qaeda's second in command killed a few months ago," the think tank Quilliam said Wednesday.

It was "the work of roughly 20 militants, prepared for a military assault," the think tank said, noting that rocket-propelled grenade launchers do not normally appear at peaceful protests, and that there were no other protests against the film elsewhere in Libya.

I love all of the qualified statements in this thread "Murder is bad, but.......... these guys shouldn't have made such a disrespectful movie."

Here's what I'm thinking: When I see these people climbing on the gates of our embassy, why isn't someone from the interior shooting them? No one will miss them, at least no one worth a damn. In a hostile nation, why aren't our embassies properly armed to deal with these situations?

I understand. But their sense of logic is so warped...they think if they keep killing and doing stuff like this no one will have the balls to stand up to them and that they can do as they please.

It just puts a spotlight on them and shows how ass backward they are. Meanwhile, ignorant people here see it and feel that it's right to make a movie like that or burn a Koran.

Not excusing burning a Koran or making a movie like that either, both are stupid things to do...but to take it a few steps lower is worse.

I'm not heavily into my religion (Christianity) but I know when I see some ignorant things said about it, I don't want to grab a machete and cut off someones head. I roll my eyes and move on. These guys want to grab bombs and bullets because they're so offended. **** them.

I posted earlier in the thread about a large part of the Muslim worlds lack of understanding that there is nothing we could do about these kind of provocative things. I really don't why they can't see the distinction. But I knew damn well what they would do. As a matter of fact it's ok if they protest even, just don't **** with people who had nothing to do with it.

The film is basically inaccurate, trolling garbage. In fact, the film creator doesn't even exist...and he is allegedly "in hiding" because he fears for his life.

Make provocative video

"Disappear" because you "fear for your life"

Why would you create that video and then hide when the **** hits the fan? Stand up for yourself.

no doubt, the creator(s) was a damn troll who just wanted to incite and offend. F-them.

To an extent, you're right. We should pack up camp and get the hell out of there. Along with our money. And while we're at it, lets temporarily halt sending bribes (I mean "aid") everywhere, cut everybody off, until we make the rest of the world feel the pain that comes at the expense of american lives. Not a single penny leaves this country, until american lives are secured around the world. Then lets see how long it takes for these "secret sneaky rebels" to start showing up dead in the streets? I bet you it wouldn't take long. Otherwise, we go in with drone attacks, blow up a militant camp, they'll claim it was daycare/unicorn factory, the rest of the world will start shaking there fingers at us again, and we'll send them a bunch of hush money (I mean "Aid", why do I keep doing that). This constant cycle of dead americans, ****ing and moaning, blow something up, pay someone off... its just getting tiresome.

you realize its not in the US best interests to do that? The problem is the US made a lot of mistakes there.

What does US foreign policy in that region have to do with these protests and the murder of the ambassador and security staffers? If anything, the attacks are even more despicable in light of recent US foreign policy towards Egypt and Libya. We supported, to varying degrees, the ouster of two dictators and some respond by saying, "Cool, thanks. Now we're going to take over your embassy, set it ablaze and murder your former Peace Corps volunteer and diplomatic ambassador."

Iranians, Libyans, Egyptians, Afghans, and Yemenis seem to really wrestle with the concepts of free speech and the sanctity of embassies. Ridiculous.

the problem with this statement is that you are looking at everything through a strictly Western prism. For instance we probably think women wearing a veil is oppressive to them and harsh, yet last week Egyptian news women celebrated because they could wear a veil while reporting the news for the first time ever.

and the foreign policy statement was indirectly related to this story (for instance, Qadafi was a bad man but he did have those extremists under control, and those extremists may be the people were hailing as heroes when they overthrew Qadafi), but it was more about the USA's past actions in the 3rd world than this story and how we decide which leaders should be in charge, etc.

But again, those actions by those nut jobs was completely reprehensible.

I didnt defend their response to the movie, and I dont think anyone has, but that movie was created only to illicit a response from those people. And again, the people who did that act, and most terror acts, do not represent Islam. I think some in here are skirting that line between this being a few nut jobs and this being an indictment on the whole religion.

I didnt defend their response to the movie, and I dont think anyone has, but that movie was created only to illicit a response from those people. And again, the people who did that act, and most terror acts, do not represent Islam. I think some in here are skirting that line between this being a few nut jobs and this being an indictment on the whole religion.

I know that they don't represent 100% of Islam.

But they certainly are a loud, violent vocal sect of that religion that likes to pitch a hissy fit every time something doesn't go their way.

I love all of the qualified statements in this thread "Murder is bad, but.......... these guys shouldn't have made such a disrespectful movie."

Here's what I'm thinking: When I see these people climbing on the gates of our embassy, why isn't someone from the interior shooting them? No one will miss them, at least no one worth a damn. In a hostile nation, why aren't our embassies properly armed to deal with these situations?

why cant both be right? Why cant that movie be seen as being terrible and offensive, and made to illicit a response? Why cant the same person see the response was over the top and insane.

---------- Post added September-13th-2012 at 09:32 AM ----------

I know that they don't represent 100% of Islam.

But they certainly are a loud, violent vocal sect of that religion that likes to pitch a hissy fit every time something doesn't go their way.

you can say the same thing about the nutjob Christians in this country. They may not be violent, but they are similar in thinking.

---------- Post added September-13th-2012 at 09:32 AM ----------

the point i am making is that ALL EXTREMISTS are bad.

the problem with this statement is that you are looking at everything through a strictly Western prism.

If my difficulty in understanding attacks on the right of free speech and the sanctity of embassies is the result of viewing everything through a strictly Western prism, I don't ever want to view the world through another prism.

and the foreign policy statement was indirectly related to this story (for instance, Qadafi was a bad man but he did have those extremists under control, and those extremists may be the people were hailing as heroes when they overthrew Qadafi), but it was more about the USA's past actions in the 3rd world than this story and how we decide which leaders should be in charge, etc.

It struck me as a blind bash-America rant. Look, I'm well aware of US foreign policy in the region and the wrongs we've committed, but they have very little, if anything, to do with the attacks. The film and the attacks are based on pure ignorance and intolerance ... only the film didn't kill anyone.

This gets worse with every update:

No Marines at the Embassy and The Benghazi consulate had “lock-and-key” security, not the same level of defenses as a formal embassy, an intelligence source told POLITICO. That means it had no bulletproof glass, reinforced doors or other features common to embassies

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81134.html#ixzz26MBCEwkP

We made mistakes alright: No in Freedom of Speech but with basic security.

Not even doing the freaking very minimum always comes back to haunt you.

Egypt, Libya and now Yemen:

Yemen protesters repelled after storming US Embassy

Updated at 9:29 a.m. ET: Protesters angry over an obscure film critical of Islam's Prophet Muhammad stormed the U.S. Embassy in Sanaa, Yemen, on Thursday, as unrest that led to the deaths of a U.S. ambassador and three other Americans in Libya spread to other countries in the region.

Yemeni security forces fired into the air as demonstrators reached the embassy's grounds, according to The Associated Press and Reuters. The New York Times reported that protesters managed to set fire to a building inside the compound but were forced by security forces to pull back after trying to take furniture and computers.

Agence France-Presse, citing an unnamed security official, said a Yemeni protester was killed by police during the melee at the compound. Another unnamed security source told Reuters that at least 15 people were wounded.

A Yemeni official said that order had since restored, but the situation on the ground appeared to remain fluid.

"Initial reports are that all embassy personnel are safe and accounted for," a State Department official told NBC News.

Click on the link for the full article

Archived