Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo.com : US Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens killed in consulate attack in Benghazi

killerbee99

"I really believe that this attack was planned," he said, adding to suggestions by other Libyan officials that at least some of the hostility towards the Americans was the work of experienced combatants. "The accuracy with which the mortars hit us was too good for any regular revolutionaries."

Mortars, huh? This was an assassination.

Gary nails this one, bring our troops home, close all of our embassies, let them fight their own wars and kill each other. After that, close their embassies in the US, send their diplomats home and stop funding all Middle Eastern countries with American taxes.

---------- Post added September-12th-2012 at 07:42 PM ----------

IF...... the communication exists, not the case, clearly they are not rational if they expect for us to give up our rights to speak freely.

This isn't about us, this is about them, and if there are more of them that want the peaceful part or the convert or die part?

With us, we always say what we want, come good or bad... It's called Freedom and it costs a lot to maintain.

Embassies allow communication between countries to ensure the 2% don't win.

and people actually volunteer to go to these places..

This is an enemy offensive, plain and simple. It's orchestrated by a few in a few different locations in hopes to

A/ Draw us into another committed military action which will kill people and foster the anger they need to keep their Jihad going, or

B/ Destroy any ties being forged between reasonable people who have led some of these revolts and the US (because reasonable relations actually DOES destroy the terrorists.. because it kills their hope of the 10th century world they want.) or

C/ keep us bleeding money using massive efforts to kill a few of them til we're broke and crumble from within.

This is like Tet... with different motives and a smaller, less organized enemy force.

It's a desperation mdment,, that idiot behind you screaming that the kid he wants you to fight called your mama a fat cow..

We should play it smart instead of heavy handed.

heavy handed favors the enemy's end-game.

~Bang

So what, now we're not even supposed to have embassies around the world?

It's not safe putting Americans into war torn countries like Lybia and Egypt, we shouldn't be surprised this happened. So, yeah, i'm pretty sure the purpose of these embassies fell on deaf ears, they don't care what we think, nor do they care about our freedoms, nor do they respect our freedom, not to mention we are spending millions/billions of tax payer coin for absolutely nothing.

If they want to riot and blow stuff up because an American wants to draw a picture of Mohammed having sex with a goat, lets get the Americans out of the way and let them burn their own houses down, we shouldn't give up our freedom because they are stupid.

It's not safe putting Americans into war torn countries like Lybia and Egypt, we shouldn't be surprised this happened. So, yeah, i'm pretty sure the purpose of these embassies fell on deaf ears, they don't care what we think, nor do they care about our freedoms, nor do they respect our freedom, not to mention we are spending millions/billions of tax payer coin for absolutely nothing.

If they want to riot and blow stuff up because an American wants to draw a picture of Mohammed having sex with a goat, lets get the Americans out of the way and let them burn their own houses down, we shouldn't give up our freedom because they are stupid.

Your position is almost the same as that of Al Qaeda.

Who is "they"? It seems way too broad a term to use. Who are you referring to? Because many many voices are coming from Libya condemning these attacks.

Because, of course, one Muslim is the same as any other Muslim, and to hell with them all anyway.

Right?

Uh sorry but Egypt is far from a "war torn country". Also as someone who spent significant time living in Egypt pre and post revolution I can assure you that your gross generalization is very misguided. Egyptians cared what I thought, respected my religious (and other freedoms), and the fact that you speak so brashly about something you obviously have not the faintest clue about means you might want to learn about what you are criticizing before going off the rails.

Because, of course, one Muslim is the same as any other Muslim, and to hell with them all anyway.

Right?

It appears, that it was more than one Muslim burning down the embassies, it appears to be thousands of them, and they are upset because we are allowed to say and do whatever we want, errr kind of.

I'm not saying, bomb them and kill them all, i'm saying lets stop wasting American money on people that will never appreciate or respect our freedom.

Protesters%20at%20US%20Embassy%20in%20cairo.jpg

---------- Post added September-12th-2012 at 08:42 PM ----------

Who is "they"? It seems way too broad a term to use. Who are you referring to? Because many many voices are coming from Libya condemning these attacks.

All of the people that live in these countries, let the people that condemn these attacks control their own people, they clearly dislike us and what we stand for, lets get out of there.

---------- Post added September-12th-2012 at 08:44 PM ----------

Your position is almost the same as that of Al Qaeda.

Don't be silly, It is not, it's a position of lets leave these people alone, let them live their lives, we have enough to worry about at home, lets stop spending money on trying to pound a message they could give two rips about into their head.

I won't be surprised to find out that "the movie" is just a cover for an attack by professional terrorists.

Did they ever find out who exactly made the movie? I heard that they were having a hard time confirming who made it,

Edit: found a recent article

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/12/world/anti-islam-film/index.html

Apparently the film maker is a ghost that claims to be American Israeli and that he funded the film via 5 million raised from about 100 Jewish donors.

It appears, that it was more than one Muslim burning down the embassies, it appears to be thousands of them, and they are upset because we are allowed to say and do whatever we want, errr kind of.

I'm not saying, bomb them and kill them all, i'm saying lets stop wasting American money on people that will never appreciate or respect our freedom.

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/images/news/Protesters%20at%20US%20Embassy%20in%20cairo.jpg

---------- Post added September-12th-2012 at 08:42 PM ----------

All of the people that live in these countries, let the people that condemn these attacks control their own people, they clearly dislike us and what we stand for, lets get out of there.

---------- Post added September-12th-2012 at 08:44 PM ----------

Don't be silly, It is not, it's a position of lets leave these people alone, let them live their lives, we have enough to worry about at home, lets stop spending money on trying to pound a message they could give two rips about into their head.

I'm not eager to see a world where Iran has nukes, Israel is gone, and Americans have no oil to run their SUVs.

1.1 BILLION, yes let me say that again, 1.1 BILLION....for what?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/06/obama-administration-libya-operation-has-cost-more-than-716-million-does-not-require-congressional-a/

---------- Post added September-12th-2012 at 08:51 PM ----------

I'm not eager to see a world where Iran has nukes, Israel is gone, and American's have no oil to run their SUVs.

If we would take the leash of Israel, they would take care of whatever business they need to take care of, I guarantee Iran wouldn't have nukes.

1.1 Billion to have our embassies blown up, sweet, they sure do have short term memory.

If we would take the leash of Israel, they would take care of whatever business they need to take care of, I guarantee Iran wouldn't have nukes.

1.1 Billion to have our embassies blown up, sweet, they sure do have short term memory.

what leash? They are trying to get the US to go to war not asking us permission to go themselves. They are absolutely not following US orders.

Right?

A million extremists in Egypt are the same as a million extremists in Afghanistan and Libya post Arab Spring, so yeah to hell with the extremists and the Muslim Brotherhood government turning a blind eye.

Only liberals are going to believe this was spontaneous and it was purely coincidental it happened on 911. Stop Military and foreign Aid to those ratholes ASAP.

1.1 BILLION, yes let me say that again, 1.1 BILLION....for what?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/06/obama-administration-libya-operation-has-cost-more-than-716-million-does-not-require-congressional-a/

---------- Post added September-12th-2012 at 08:51 PM ----------

You seem to have missed my post

Uh sorry but Egypt is far from a "war torn country". Also as someone who spent significant time living in Egypt pre and post revolution I can assure you that your gross generalization is very misguided. Egyptians cared what I thought, respected my religious (and other freedoms), and the fact that you speak so brashly about something you obviously have not the faintest clue about means you might want to learn about what you are criticizing before going off the rails.

Also did you know that Egypt has roughly 82.000,000 people its awesome that you can accurately describe all of them with one moniker "they".

Your statement is historically inaccurate - reference Kitchner and the Sudan. Just pointing out a historical inaccuracy not advocating killing them, in this case,

You mean Kitchner? Kitchner? Kitchner, who got himseklf and 7000 of his troops killed in what was supposed to be a retaliatory mission for deaths of 300 British soldiers? The same Kitchner for whom a revenge mission was sent, headed by Gordon, that managed to end even more disastrously than Kitchner's mission?? The Kitchner disaster is completely and deeply embedded in the British psyche, and not as a good moment in British history. If anything was learned from the Kitchner disaster, it was that sometimes, its just better to leave people alone to their own devices...

Also did you know that Egypt has roughly 82.000,000 people its awesome that you can accurately describe all of them with one moniker "they".

Give me one good reason why we should give any of the 82,000,000 people a single penny of American tax payer dollars, and i'll give you 100 why we shouldn't, last night is a perfect example.

I didn't see any of the majority( 81,998,000) rushing to our defense, I heard this on the news earlier so take it for what its worth, even the Egyptian Army took their time getting showing up.

BTW, i'm not saying all of the people are bad, i'm just saying we have no business being there, they have their own idea of freedom, and don't respect our style of freedom, to each is own.

1.5 Billion....I'm sorry, we just don't have this money to share right now...(edit)especially after yesterday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-to-resume-aid-to-egypt/2012/03/22/gIQA3B3UUS_story.html

I was in Egypt in the 80's (loved the KFC there in Alexandria and freaked out some of the citizens by eating with both hands),90's and 2000, Stayed at the Sheraton Cairo, worked with the Egyptian peace keepers in Bosnia. Nearly everyone I interacted with liked me too. However comma I wasn't that naive to not know there are a lot of evil bastiges in that country. Women, Christians and their churches are going thru a tough time there, right now. How is the Muslim Brotherhood doing? Anyone going to say that my prediction about them last year was accurate?

They had people die doing their duty to protect Americans(as is expected).....I will wait to judge if their memory and sense of honor are true.

The perps should be hunted down and executed with their help....as honor dictates

As I said before, nothing good can happen when people here in the States encourage violence by burning Korans and making silly videos regarding Muhammad

Wow, that is simply the most ignorant statement I've read on this whole issue.

He wasn't killed because anyone here in the States burned a Koran or made silly videos about Muhammad. Beyond that, even if that was the EXACT reason, then the killing would still be just as atrocious.

If you want to link burning the Koran or videos of M*** to this killing AND justify it on those grounds, then you can NEVER complain that the anyone could reasonably kill anyone else, just because they got a little offended.

In the US, we have freedoms that are only imagined by those in most of the world. Sadly, the Middle East is still very backward in the way they act toward anyone who disagrees with them and feel it is OK to kill the 'infidels'. That is a very sad POV!

Give me one good reason why we should give any of the 82,000,000 people a single penny of American tax payer dollars, and i'll give you 100 why we shouldn't, last night is a perfect example.

I didn't see any of the majority( 81,998,000) rushing to our defense, I heard this on the news earlier so take it for what its worth, even the Egyptian Army took their time getting showing up.

BTW, i'm not saying all of the people are bad, i'm just saying we have no business being there, they have their own idea of freedom, and don't respect our style of freedom, to each is own.

1.5 Billion....I'm sorry, we just don't have this money to share right now...(edit)especially after yesterday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-to-resume-aid-to-egypt/2012/03/22/gIQA3B3UUS_story.html

How about because we signed a treaty with them and promised the aid in exchange for a peace with Israel.

And once again you keep using "they" which is totally ignorant of a. the diversity in Egyptian society and b. the fact that using 2,000 protesters to characterize 82 million people is really ****ed up. There is also plenty of support for Americans in the country and plenty of people denouncing the actions of those few just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Its like those people that try to claim that Muslims never denounce terrorism or 9/11 when the vast vast majority do and have but the people making the claims never bother to look or remain willfully ignorant so they can spout their BS.

Also its orientalist bull**** to say that "they" don't respect our style of freedom, guess what there is no "they" there are dozens of different groups with different ideas, beliefs, and ideologies the fact that you assign one small groups beliefs to a much much larger group is pretty offensive. Please explain what you think "their" style of freedom is.

Archived