Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Injury Updates (merged--MET)

KevinthePRF

Shanny said the injury is "something like turf toe but its not his toe." Your guess is as good as mine as far as what that means.

Garcon said he expects to play.

It does not appear too serious, but don't count on Shanny giving us a clear answer either.

---------- Post added September-12th-2012 at 06:48 AM ----------

He probably won't play this week, but we should be OK. Hank will be in the gameplan more this week of practice and with Hank, Aldrick, Morgan, and Moss, we're still good at WR.

Why do you say he probably won't play? I haven't seen any news that would indicate that.

Shanny said the injury is "something like turf toe but its not his toe." Your guess is as good as mine as far as what that means.

I think what he meant was, although it is not a serious injury, it is extremely painful.

So it is just a matter of what Garcon's pain tolerence is if he can play or not.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/13/garcons-availability-for-sunday-hinges-on-pain-tolerance/

https://twitter.com/Redskins/status/246328425273511937

A little update from Florio. Just have no idea what the injury could be to not be serious, yet so painful?

RGIII to Garcon is my fantasy and reality right now and i hope he is in the game.

I have Garcon on my fantasy squad too. I do have the option of playing Miles Austin in his place, so I am not overly concerned, but I would rather use Garcon to be honest.

If he had 100 yards and a TD in 1 quarter of play, I would love to see what he could do in 4 quarters of play. I am monitoring this situation very closely, so any insight you guys can provide would be much appreciated.

As usual, Shanny is not divulging much info until he has too. This bit about Garcon playing if he can tolerate the pain is interesting . . . I assume that means he will be given some pain killers and he will play, but I worry about WRs with foot injuries.

Archived