Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Injury Updates (merged--MET)

KevinthePRF

Damn...Carikers injury looked like a season ender when it happened. He planted and the knee just gave way. Raks pec is really concerning as this is a repeat injury. He flys around so fast when he over runs a play he reaches out to stop the defender and gets his arm stretched back. Losing him would br crushing and if requires surgery again he may also be done. Garcon foot, hopefully he will be back, but that is one that is never good for a speed WR.

Hopefully, we get this injury bug resolved with no more additions to the list and some young players really step up,

Canfora

Redskins expect Adam Carriker to be out all season w/ a quad tear. Big, big part of front 7 and Brian Orakpo could miss time with pec injury

---------- Post added September-17th-2012 at 12:13 PM ----------

Who replaces Orakpo? I didn't notice yesterday.

Jackson

i feel pretty good about Rob Jackson as a back up honestly.

we need Garcon back. He's Griffins favorite and most reliable target and would have hauled in that pass that Robinson dropped.

I feel really good about Jackson as a backup, but not as a starter. Our pass rush was nonexistent after Orakpo left.

It didnt even seem like we were trying to send pressure. LB's were in coverage most of the day

Which is hilarious considering the Rams' o-line injuries that grew even worse over the course of the game. Just a horrible gameplan by Haslett all around.

Maybe I'm off here, but I've been underwhelmed by Carriker since he got here and don't see this as a huge loss. I honestly never even really notice him on the field. I notice Bowen & Jenkins from our D-line, and that's about it. Cofield is not supposed to be noticed, as he's chewing up blockers.

For those who know more than I, what makes Carriker so valuable/a huge upgrade over our other DE's?

i totally forgot about Jarvis Jenkins. This is going to sound terrible, but has he seen a lot of PT the first two games? I don't recall seeing him out there

Yes, he Jarvis Jenkins has played a bunch thus far. At least Iv seen #99 out there.

I guess Baker going to get bumped up? I havnt seen him these first two games

Bashir

Meriweather (knee) said he's going to try and play Sunday. #RedskinsTalk

Russell

#Redskins DE Doug Worthington says he has not got the call yet from agent, but he is very much hoping to get get called to replace Carriker

Bashir

Josh Wilson (concussion) is walking around and smiling. Barred from talking to media per NFL rules. #RedskinsTalk

I hope we rest Merriweather until he is really, really ready to go. This training staff has underwhelmed me in the way they've handled players coming off of injuries and the timing of their return.

Glad to hear about Josh Wilson.

Wish we knew more about Orakpo. That one really stings.

I hope we rest Merriweather until he is really, really ready to go. This training staff has underwhelmed me in the way they've handled players coming off of injuries and the timing of their return.

I feel the same way. I kind of think its a little sketchy trying to play him already. I was a little taken back when I saw that tweet and then there are others that say his going to try and play. Just seems a little hard to believe, or weird I

guess.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/09/17/meriweather-says-knee-is-improving-but-return-still-unclear/

Something about this doesn't seem to make sense. We heard all week that it isn't really an "injury" in that sense of the word, more a pain management issue. Ok fine, whatever, you'd expect him to get a pain killer injection and be ready to go. Then the week lingers on, and he can't practice. Then he attempts warmups, but is a no go.

Then I see Nicks, Jackson, Macklin etc etc all playing for their teams when they were listed as Questionable with various injuries.

Was Garcon held out of the Rams game as precautionary measure? Was it because Shanahan thought the offense could get by without it's best wideout this week?

Was Shanny just trying to be coy about an actual injury?

I've heard that this is sort of like a Turf Toe situation but on the top of the foot instead of the toe. Correct me if I am wrong, but when someone gets turf toe, it never seems to go away unless they just flat out rest the condition, and a lot longer than a week.

Is this something we can expect to linger the entire season? How soon until an update or clarification?

Keep in mind Garcon is a speed guy. If he has a foot injury then he may be able to run but running at 80% is a big dropoff.

Yes, he Jarvis Jenkins has played a bunch thus far. At least Iv seen #99 out there.

I guess Baker going to get bumped up? I havnt seen him these first two games

I want to see Baker get a chance. He should be an upgrade to the run defense. Its time to reward the guys who performed in the preseason like Baker and Crawford.

@Russellmania980

All indications r Orakpo is nothing major. As reported earlier, doctors could not find anything serious last night, encouraging signs 2day.

So Sundberg can play with a broken arm but Orakpo and Garcon can't play with Owie Boo Boos?

Man Up gentlemen!

Archived