Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Injury Updates (merged--MET)

KevinthePRF

oh Geez I just saw the news :doh: I feel sick :puke:

This is bad news, talk about key injuries:(

Redskins

Shanahan says both Carriker and Orakpo will get surgery within the next week.

Graziano

RT @Redskins: Shanahan says #Redskins OLB Brian Orakpo tore a different part of his left pec, also done for the season

On the plus side, Jenkins should get far more snaps in what is in effect his rookie year. And Worthington, who should of been on the 53 to start with, is back among the group which can only benefit him. Maybe Keenan Robinson get's some looks outside too now as the year rolls. I know their looking at him inside long term, but he's did a fine job on the edge in college most of the time. And maybe we bring White back from the Bucs. Another who should of made the 53 fro me.

In another rebuilding and development year, it's not all doom and gloom. For every negative and all that.

Hail.

Allow me to add my voice to the profanity-filtered chorus of **** and ****.

And here, I was hoping that our front seven could step up and hide how bad the secondary are.

I was hoping for that too, the front 7 helping the secondary and all. Screw me with a blowtorch this sucks. So no add rush end depth to the long list of Redskins needs.

that guy Russell ought to me ashamed for reporting bs.

Tell me about it, seriously.

check this out

Russell

So much for indications.....#Redskins

Now Campbell is saying

Not one starter in the defensive front 7 missed a game due to injury last season. With Rak & Carriker out, we'll see if this depth is legit.

baker will be back

Were in for it, especially if Wilson is out this week as well. doesn't look pretty. I like your Avatar, tight

---------- Post added September-17th-2012 at 03:38 PM ----------

Bashir

Shanahan also said Jarvis Jenkins will start at defensive end with Carriker sidelined for the season. #RedskinsTalk

---------- Post added September-17th-2012 at 03:39 PM ----------

Redskins

Shanahan says players like Chris Baker and Doug Worthington will be given opportunities on DL. Worthington likely to be activated from PS.

---------- Post added September-17th-2012 at 03:43 PM ----------

Guys this is NFSW but this is how I feel right now. Bad Boys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUH3JQjcweM

Good call on Keenan. I hadnt thought about that. His size fits the OLB game much better. I hope he can adjust.

He was a real good edge rusher when the Longhorns used him there due to his size and speed. I get why their looking at him inside, as he's one tough SOB and quick with it for coverage, but with his versatility I'd be looking at giving him reps outside now we've lost 'Rak.

But what would I know.

Hail.

Darrell Green played with a cast on his arm.
Darrell Green missed half of that season after he broke his arm.
Jon Jansen played with two broken thumbs.
Jansen missed the entire 2004 season with a ruptured Achilles, and when he broke his ankle in 2007, it ended his career.
Gary Clark played with two bad hamstrings.
Clark recently spoke out in support of the lawsuits regarding player safety: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/gary-clark-on-the-nfls-head-trauma-litigation/2012/06/07/gJQALVsaLV_blog.html
Clinton Portis played with I believe five separate reported nagging injuries. (shoulder, forearm, wrist, knee, ankle)
He missed half of the games in the 2006 season when he was repeatedly banged up, and in 2009-10 at the end of his career he missed more than half of the games.
Doug Williams went back in the game and won a superbowl on a busted knee.
Other than that Super Bowl, Doug Williams's career was plagued by injuries. He was out for most of that 1987 season, and he lost his job to injury the next season.
Joe Theismann finished a game with his front teeth knocked out.
Theisman's career was also ended by injury.
I guess they just don't make'em like they used to.
Football players have always gotten injured, and severe injuries have always ended players' seasons and sometimes their careers.

It's not about being a tough guy. These are torn muscles that make it almost impossible to play. And as shown by the lawsuits that many former Redskins players have joined, players of the past were doing a lot of things that simply were not safe and would not be condoned under today's medical technology. We can now diagnose injuries better, and also help players to heal faster. The myth of the "tough guy" player of days gone by is just that, a myth. Today's players are likely to be bigger, stronger, and tougher than the players of the past. And part of that is because they have better doctors.

In addition to Jarvis getting more time, wouldn't be surprised to see them selectively combine Baker at NT and Cofield at DE.

Like it. Again, in a year that we aren't challenging, this could be a blessing in disguise in getting the younger guys who are the long term future more regular season experience. Can only stand them in good stead going forward.

Hail.

Like it. Again, in a year that we aren't challenging, this could be a blessing in disguise in getting the younger guys who are the long term future more regular season experience. Can only stand them in good stead going forward.

Hail.

Cross my fingers no more injuries down on the front lines geez.

Forgot about Keenan Robinson guess we will see more of him as well

Football players have always gotten injured, and severe injuries have always ended players' seasons and sometimes their careers.

It's not about being a tough guy. And as shown by the lawsuits that many former Redskins players have joined, players of the past were doing a lot of things that simply were not safe and would not be condoned under today's medical technology. .

...and they did it for 1/10 of the sararies that the players make today for playing tougher.

The players know damn well what they are signing up for. It is an extremely violent sport that earns an extremely good living. If the league is going to continue to be pussified then maybe the salaries should also be lowered.

...and they did it for 1/10 of the sararies that the players make today for playing tougher.

The players know damn well what they are signing up for. It is an extremely violent sport that earns an extremely good living. If the league is going to continue to be pussified then maybe the salaries should also be lowered.

The league is making more money than ever. Why should salaries be lowered?

Apparently, people are willing to pay more for a sport where its athletes get world class trainers and medical treatment than for a sport where "tough guys" make stupid decisions with their bodies.

Can't find anything other than he's out this week.

Where did you see Garcon is out this week? I have not seen that reported.

Edit. Just tweeted with Rich Tandler - no word on Garcon yet - we will find out more when we see if he able to practice today but as per Rich he is NOT ruled out for Sunday yet.

Archived