Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Injury Updates (merged--MET)

KevinthePRF

As I said, as regards Pierre, we have some very similar guys that bring what Garcon' game brings, so your accounting for them regardless in your planning.

Hail.

I agree with you that the secrecy doesn't really give us an advantage. But, I'm curious why you believe the team has an obligation to give the fans/media the complete story?

---------- Post added September-16th-2012 at 11:07 AM ----------

Na, Robinson in Garcons backup.

I'm excited to see him again. I loved him in the preseason and his game in NO only made me love him more. The fact that an unheralded WR comes in off the bench and does in a couple quarters what we kept waiting for Kelly and Thomas to do is amazing to me. Next man up and catch 4 balls including a TD? Sure, no biggy...that's just my job!

They don't have an 'obligation' (your word) TD_w. It's their prerogative to do what they want.

It'd just make the speculation less rife if there was more transparency.

Hail.

Oh OK...well yeah I agree that I would selfishly like to know as much as possible about what's going on. But, I have to imagine that there are legitimate reasons to keep things close the vest. Just off the top of my head, let's say that Shanahan knows that Garcon is going to miss another week or two, I have to imagine keeping that internal has some sort of competitive advantage.

In the words of Derek Jeter your either hurt or your playing. Garcon not playing today is weaaaaaak but i have faith in our young qb and the other wr to step up and beat the Rams. Like to see what Dezmon briscoe can do!!! Hope is is active.

That is what could make things interesting.

They had been building out the team. They had offensive weapons its just that they didn't have a QB who could maximize them.

Fred Davis is a beast of a TE. You could use him as a primary target in an offense if you want.

And now the WR core that has been build out as well. Hulu out of the back field.

They have weapons.

I really like Garcon, but they can keep him on the sidelines as a break in case of emergency player.

I predict they will see what they can do without him first. If they are getting it done, he gets another week of rest.

I wonder how much more involved Santana might be this week?

I mean after last week, you'd think Robinson will get attention. And with the Rams being soft over the middle outside of Laurinaitis Moss from the slot and Davis could be the major receiving threats.

Hail.

With all the talk of Robinson, Hankerson, and Morgan, I have been waiting for somebody to mention Moss. I could see Moss being very involved in the gameplan if Garcon is really out. Moss is still one of my favorite players, and I think he can still ball. He looked good in camp and preseason, and as you know, I just happen to have a soft spot for Gibbs' guys.

I mean after last week, you'd think Robinson will get attention. And with the Rams being soft over the middle outside of Laurinaitis Moss from the slot and Davis could be the major receiving threats.

Hail.

I expect more Moss and Davis this week.

Hail.

What I love so far about Griffin (and I agree that the "so far" equals about 4 NFL quarters) is that he will throw to the open guy. Taking the screen passes out (where I don't believe there really is a read unless something goes very wrong), he didn't seem to make up his mind until he had to. The Garcon TD was designed to go to someone else (Paul). The long plays to Moss and Davis were just examples of Griffin buying time and waiting for someone to get open.

It will be fun to watch who shakes free more often today. I think it's equally possible that Robinson, Morgan, Moss, and Davis all have 2-4 catches too.

Schefter just said that Garcon wants to play so they will test him pre game, so he still might play, maybe have him active and have him play a few plays for his big play potential

Yeah I saw that too. Schefter said pretty much the same thing JLC said, Garcon is "unlikely" to play, but he will try to give it a go pre-game. I guess that for now we just have to wait and see . . .

Yeah I saw that too. Schefter said pretty much the same thing JLC said, Garcon is "unlikely" to play, but he will try to give it a go pre-game. I guess that for now we just have to wait and see . . .

He obviously wont take a pain shot if hes not playing and I'm not saying its his responsibility to do that but come on. When watching the last game after his first two catches he came out holding his hand and then a few catches later he hurts his foot. I just think sitting out for pain is weak, put your skirt on Garcon or get your ass on the field, this is football. I think people are crazy if they think this wont effect our offense.

He obviously wont take a pain shot if hes not playing and I'm not saying its his responsibility to do that but come on. When watching the last game after his first two catches he came out holding his hand and then a few catches later he hurts his foot. I just think sitting out for pain is weak, put your skirt on Garcon or get your ass on the field, this is football. I think people are crazy if they think this wont effect our offense.

It'd help if we knew the full extent of Garcon's injury.

The 'man up, this is FOOTBALL!' and the like lines are hard to throw when we don't fully know what the foot injury is.

Hail.

It'd help if we knew the full extent of Garcon's injury.

The 'man up, this is FOOTBALL!' and the like lines are hard to throw when we don't fully know what the foot injury is.

Hail.

Well Shanny said its about "pain tolerance" and that it does not have a chance of getting worse, I understand Shanny doesn't tell us the entire story but I think if Garcon had some structural issues Shanny would say something so he didnt make Garcon look like a wus. You know when Shanny spoke about Garcon in his post game press conference after last weeks game from his facial expression I got the feeling he was frustrated with Garcon not coming back in the game and I got the same impression when he spoke about Garcon during his weekly press conferences.

Well Shanny said its about "pain tolerance" and that it does not have a chance of getting worse, I understand Shanny doesn't tell us the entire story but I think if Garcon had some structural issues Shanny would say something so he didnt make Garcon look like a wus. You know when Shanny spoke about Garcon in his post game press conference after last weeks game from his facial expression I got the feeling he was frustrated with Garcon not coming back in the game and I got the same impression when he spoke about Garcon during his weekly press conferences.

That was more-or-less Florio's take on Gracon's injury situation this week. I'm not sure I read it that way. Garcon said he wanted to go back in on Sunday, and he has said all week long he wants to play.

Archived