Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Injury Updates (merged--MET)

KevinthePRF

The rum just seemed so lonely.

ahh, we'll take that route. I haven't touched rum since I left the Navy in '86...still smell it in Coke whether it's there or not.

Hate to melt your brain for the bean dip, but dude...you posted its' awesomeness, so I gotta try it!!

I do get, though, trying to remember what you did. My "SuperSonicSpaghettiSauce" makes a move every time I make it.

BTW....everybody get a food-saver system. Watch the DVD with it. I swear, it makes life a buttload easier.

Wonder where they'll go with the LS situation.

The Ravens did cut a guy the day they cut Cundiff..Spent 3/4 months through camp with him though' date=' so might be worth a look...?[/quote']

Shanny said in his press conference we will be looking for a LS even if it's just while Sundberg is out for a few weeks. I'm not sure though you can keep a roster spot open for a LS on a 53 man roster, would not be surprised to see him go to IR.

Shanny said in his press conference we will be looking for a LS even if it's just while Sundberg is out for a few weeks. I'm not sure though you can keep a roster spot open for a LS on a 53 man roster, would not be surprised to see him go to IR.

Is it an option to cut him with an injury settlement...but tell him the jobs his when fit again..then re-sign him later in the season ?

Is it an option to cut him with an injury settlement...but tell him the jobs his when fit again..then re-sign him later in the season ?

I think the rules allow you to resign someone you have released even with an injury settlement. However there is nothing to stop another team signing him as well even if we have a nod and wink arrangement in place.

I think the rules allow you to resign someone you have released even with an injury settlement. However there is nothing to stop another team signing him as well even if we have a nod and wink arrangement in place.

I'd consider going that route then, no chance he signs elsewhere if he get's the word from Shanahan that the jobs his as soon as he's fit.

You could see the total respect Shanahan had for him when discussing how he'd played for the rest of the game with a broken arm..

Berstine is done for the year unfortunately. PCL, MCL, ACL all messed up... Shanny did say we'll probably try to get some safety help. I'm wondering about our Long Snapping situation too. Sundberg can't go
It's true. Dude tore multiple knee ligaments. I'm sure it was his dream to play in the NFL and now his career is probably over after 1 game. Sucks for the guy.

http://blogs.fredericksburg.com/redskinsjournal/2012/09/10/jordan-bernstine-to-miss-season-after-tearing-ligament-in-knee/

if my understanding of the new rules is correct.. we can IR Sundberg and bring him back after week 8.. he can start practice week 6. You can only do that with 1 player though. Unclear whether you have to designate him as that upon putting him on IR or if you can choose 1 player to bring back later.

The Redskins may choose this path so they don't have to cut anyone.

*EDIT : you must designate the player as your candidate to return from IR. So you can't roll the dice. If we use this ability on Sundberg, we've used it.

Wasnt sure if this merited a new thread... but per Schefty on Twitter, the Rams will be missing their starting center AND left tackle next week. So they got beat up worse than we did.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Rams HC Jeff Fisher said C Scott Wells is being placed on IR with a fractured foot. Team also will be without LT Rodger Saffold (neck).

Wasnt sure if this merited a new thread... but per Schefty on Twitter, the Rams will be missing their starting center AND left tackle next week. So they got beat up worse than we did.

Rams HC Jeff Fisher said C Scott Wells is being placed on IR with a fractured foot. Team also will be without LT Rodger Saffold (neck).

That's a big deal; our front seven should have a field day with this.

Wow, that's awful for them. Our front 7 will be hitting Bradford all day long, as long as the team doesn't act like they've already got the game won (which has been a habit against bad teams, like the Rams, the last few years).

Wow, that's awful for them. Our front 7 will be hitting Bradford all day long, as long as the team doesn't act like they've already got the game won (which has been a habit against bad teams, like the Rams, the last few years).

Does anyone remember how our front seven turned Bradford into a punching bag last year? Poor guy has got to be dreading this game after seeing the hurt we put on the Saints OL.

Archived