Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Friday 8/10: Morning After Tweets (and mostly what-not)

Yes. Garcon, the Impaler.

BTW, I like the quotes you have in post #61, where the Bills were SO worried about the boot and rollout action. I think that is going to keep alot of Defensive Coordinators up in the middle of the night with a bottle of Pepto Bismal.

Can't go wrong posting THAT pic on the internet!

Also... Is that a Paul Reed Smith guitar?

I figured it would help the FBI background check being conducted on me for a security clearance ;)

It's a Peavey Firenza.

Garcon with the dope fangs in his mouthpiece! And lmao Antonio. Gonna be giving birth soon, huh buddy?

:ols:

Sure feels like it...it's kicking!!

4). #Rex came in the game & immediately made #RG3 performance look better.

Rex made the Cousins pick look good too. I missed the first quarter. Got the jump in on the second and thought it was another year of no offense. But damn, then Cousins came in and moved the ball so much better than Rexy. More koolaid please. Glad I stuck it out. A.Robinson has to make the team. Alfred Morris up the gut, **** yeah tecmo bowl.

Our D is tits. Linebackers are sick deep.

Anyone read this:

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980:

Heard this on way home last night - disappointing to me for many reasons

Article by Sarah Kogod:

"But it’s our job to cover these players — the good and the bad — and we can’t ignore certain things because they make us uncomfortable."

Oh come on...

I'm somoeone who has a mentally challenged person in my family, and I take no offense to this. I feel like Chris Russel is a douche, and this article is making a big deal out of something that isn't. RG3 is a 22 year old kid. When I was 22, I said 10 times worse things than that. everyone knows he's not referring to retarded people.

Anyone read this:

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980:

Heard this on way home last night - disappointing to me for many reasons

Article by Sarah Kogod:

"But it’s our job to cover these players — the good and the bad — and we can’t ignore certain things because they make us uncomfortable."

Oh come on...

I'm somoeone who has a mentally challenged person in my family' date=' and I take no offense to this. I feel like Chris Russel is a douche, and this article is making a big deal out of something that isn't. RG3 is a 22 year old kid. When I was 22, I said 10 times worse things than that. everyone knows he's not referring to retarded people.[/quote']

I'm actually surprised this didn't get more play...unfortunately, give it time and it may develop into something in today's ultra PC world. My best friend's child has Down Syndrome-and while he personally doesn't care, his wife is particularly sensitive to the term. For them I try to curb my use, but honestly they know I never mean it to refer to mentally handicapped people and the two are so far apart in my mind that it's almost hard for me to relate them.

I do think it may rub some people the wrong way, but I'm hoping people can find better things to complain about.

Emmanual Benton ‏@Roccoskins

Redskins just announced that Comcast Sports Net earned the highest-rated program in network history (since April 2001) for 'Skins vs Bills

I hope they counted all seven people on my couch watching the 65"!

---------- Post added August-10th-2012 at 02:30 PM ----------

I'm actually surprised this didn't get more play...unfortunately, give it time and it may develop into something in today's ultra PC world. My best friend's child has Down Syndrome-and while he personally doesn't care, his wife is particularly sensitive to the term. For them I try to curb my use, but honestly they know I never mean it to refer to mentally handicapped people and the two are so far apart in my mind that it's almost hard for me to relate them.

I do think it may rub some people the wrong way, but I'm hoping people can find better things to complain about.

Agreed. But I don't think it was irresponsible of them to report it. It's all part of the process. Soup's Uncle said it best, he's a 22 year old young man and these things are going to slip out. Not a huge deal, just think a few words ahead and you'll be fine.

I suspect he was just really comfortable last night after he got some live rounds to shoot, and probably let his gaurd down a bit. Not a huge issue. Hopefully he can make amends with it quickly and apologize and then move on to the next game.

Replacement officials booed in Buffalo after muffing call on touchback

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/replacement-officials-booed-in-buffalo-after-muffing-call-on-touchback/2012/08/09/602439c6-e283-11e1-89f7-76e23a982d06_story.html

Ok, how in the bloody hell did they screw up that punt call?

What's even funnier is that the dude went in the booth to try and identify what the problem was.

Yes. Garcon, the Impaler.

BTW, I like the quotes you have in post #61, where the Bills were SO worried about the boot and rollout action. I think that is going to keep alot of Defensive Coordinators up in the middle of the night with a bottle of Pepto Bismal.

The first time I saw that I thought "this dude's teeth are gnarly!"

LL ‏@LL_HTTR247

5-6 84 yards and 1 TD

Wasn't even close to the sideline. Guess that's why they never showed the replay.

I'm looking at this exact frame on the DVR. Even though you can't see his feet (TV angle), you can see where the sideline is. There's a ref in the background of the pic, but a different one runs un from the other direction to make the call. No reason they should have missed this.

Wasn't even close to the sideline. Guess that's why they never showed the replay.

I'm looking at this exact frame on the DVR. Even though you can't see his feet (TV angle), you can see where the sideline is. There's a ref in the background of the pic, but a different one runs un from the other direction to make the call. No reason they should have missed this.

At first, I was "thinking damn Garcon, that was lazy not dotting the I" but after I saw it again, I now know it wasn't Garcon being lazy.

Archived