Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Friday 8/10: Morning After Tweets (and mostly what-not)

i heard the refs thought the 5 yard line was the end zone so they brought it out to the 20.

I heard Herm Edwards say that on sportscenter this morning. I'm pretty sure he was just making a joke about the quality of the replacement refs.

BUFFALO BILLS HEAD COACH CHAN GAILEY

On the first unit throwing the ball on 15 consecutive plays:

The way they played (caused us to throw the ball). If they stayed in their 3-4, seven man front bull defense we were going to throw the football. That is what we went into the game planning to do. We were trying to hit Fred (Jackson) and C.J. (Spiller) on some passes to get them involved but they did not play nickel against our ones. So we had to throw it every time--did not want to do that. That was not the plan going in but we are in the middle of instillation and we did not want to go out there and put in a plan versus a 3-4 totally for the ones. We just said we would work on our no-huddle. And that is what we did.

On there being eight false starts:

Is that how many it was? (Sighs) It is awful.

BUFFALO BILLS DE Mario Williams

On his thoughts about how the game went:

We tried to keep things pretty generic. It feels good to be back out there, move around and get a few cob webs out. We expected a little bit more, it was probably expected for him (Robert Griffin III) to run as much. We expected him to showcase his running ability and his arm. We just have to correct our mistakes and focus on the things we did good.

On Robert Griffin III:

He handed the ball off pretty much most of the time. He did couple play actions. He is honestly a heck of a quarterback and he has a bright future. He was drafted for a reason. He is definitely capable of meeting those expectations.

On the expectation of Robert Griffin III running more:

They kept it pretty basic. They kept it very simple and just ran the ball. We definitely expected way more boot legs and some read options, just him moving around more.

On his thoughts of the first series:

We thought more about containing the quarterback a lot of times. Few plays they just ran simple run plays like I said we are so focus on him booting out or things like that, we out of our gaps. But with an actual game plan, really looking at film it is just the first preseason game we just go off of what you hear. Those things will be corrected we will not over analyze things like that, when you have a quarterback that is that dangerous.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Transcripts-Bills-vs-Redskins/c9bf092a-4a69-4c29-a476-c32119dbc9a9?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

---------- Post added August-10th-2012 at 07:53 AM ----------

Dan Graziano ‏@espn_nfceast

Neither. Obviously Skins were prioritizing protection. RT @ant159: @espn_nfceast .. Did the Skins O line surprise or impress you ??

---------- Post added August-10th-2012 at 07:55 AM ----------

I honestly think he's in the mix for carries. RT @IrishCreamMike: @espn_nfceast any chance of Alfred Morris cracking the Skins roster

---------- Post added August-10th-2012 at 07:55 AM ----------

Tough call. Both great talents. I'll take Trent. RT @jordanziemer: @espn_nfceast Long term, better LT: Trent Williams or Tyron Smith?

How ugly were those? I couldnt take my eyes off them it was so bad.

They reminded me of those tuxedo T-shirts...like they were trying to look like some kind of business or coat collar on a football jersey, by simply going two-tone on the trim. Horrendous.

I think players should be made to smoke pipes while on the field :yes:...

Oh man, it's just after 8 am, my coffee's just kicking in, and I'm having visions of guys like RGIII, Silverback, Orakpo, Kerrigan, et al., wearing suede B&G blazers with elbow patches, smoking pipes with some Gibbs 1 guys like Jacoby, Riggo, Monte C. (man, that dude just looks like a jazz musician).... Toss around a couple of bottles of Whistle Pig rye, man, that'd be sweet.

Neither. Obviously Skins were prioritizing protection. RT @ant159: @espn_nfceast .. Did the Skins O line surprise or impress you ??

This is a pretty bland answer. I wonder if he was saying this because the run game was hot and cold (with three starters out, duh) or if he meant that this has been the priority in practice... which I think is obvious since they are 11 on 11 so much and sending the house at Robert.

This is a pretty bland answer. I wonder if he was saying this because the run game was hot and cold (with three starters out, duh) or if he meant that this has been the priority in practice... which I think is obvious since they are 11 on 11 so much and sending the house at Robert.

I was about to say lol :ols:...doesn't EVERY team "prioritize protecting" their QB?

And don't you wish it was that easy to overcome missing starters and lack of talent by simply "prioritizing" having the QB protected?

I love Graz's write-ups but it sounds as if he really didn't pay attention to how the individual match ups along the O-Line panned out, and just chalked up any success they may have had to some generic reasoning.

Jared X.G. Anderson‏@JaredXGAnderson

#redskins #preseason 10thoughts 1). RG3 showed he was capable not phenomenal. His audible & command of offense were impressive.

2). #Bills #Def played as vanilla as Skins offense, but #RG3's mobility did impact their pursuit to attack

3). #O-Line surprised, #Polumbus held his own against Super #Mario. #Gettis looked solid.

4). #Rex came in the game & immediately made #RG3 performance look better.

5). #RB play had shaky start, wouldn't panic about #O-line #Royster #Helu or #Morris

6). Skins #def has impressive depth! Some guys who get cut will play for other teams.

7). #Crawford made a case last night. If he maintains level of play he'll knock someone off the roster.

8). I wonder who's more chubs right now, #mcnabb or #rocca #?!

9). #Skins #goal-line #def was stout. Keeping 1st team #bills #offesnse w/o touchdown was impressive.

10). Nothing electric overall but they won w/o major #injury & they proved #RG3 fundamentally capable. #win

#Who #is #this #guy #and #does #he #know #he's #my #hero #? #hashtag #hash #tag #needless #unnecessary

Archived