Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Friday 8/10: Morning After Tweets (and mostly what-not)

Are there any tweets about some of the terrible posts in the gameday thread (lol)? I got on last night when I got off work to see how Robert did. I don't even think I got to page 10 before people were calling players and coaches out. Actually saw one calling out Shanny for running the ball and not letting "the guy we sold the farm for" get his playing time. It was pretty bad so I decided to just watch NFL Network for the highlights.

---------- Post added August-10th-2012 at 09:36 AM ----------

So this preseason package for 20 bucks on NFL.com is awesome.

I tried to watch on there last night and it said the game was blacked out. I guess that was just for the live feed.

Are there any tweets about some of the terrible posts in the gameday thread (lol)? I got on last night when I got off work to see how Robert did. I don't even think I got to page 10 before people were calling players and coaches out. Actually saw one calling out Shanny for running the ball and not letting "the guy we sold the farm for" get his playing time. It was pretty bad so I decided to just watch NFL Network for the highlights.

---------- Post added August-10th-2012 at 09:36 AM ----------

I tried to watch on there last night and it said the game was blacked out. I guess that was just for the live feed.

If you are local, they black out the games, which is kind of stupid. I guess it is so you tune into the tv station. I am out of area so it worked pretty well. Lets you rewind, fast forward and all that stuff.

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks

Redskins offense is going to put a lot of pressure on opposing CBs to make open field tackles. Lot of bubble screens and quick hitters

Rich Campbell ‏@Rich_Campbell

My thoughts and observations about RG3's debut: http://wtim.es/S76Blz #Redskins

Initial Thoughts: Robert Griffin's preseason debut

Griffin is running a scaled-down offense during the preseason, so there were three main criteria on which to judge him against Buffalo: decision making, accuracy and timing. Considering his uneven play during training camp, his debut went as well in those three areas as anyone could have hoped. Reviews from coaches and players were positive inside the locker room after the game.

Two plays, in particular, delighted Redskins coaches: Griffin’s 20- and 18-yard completions to WR Pierre Garcon on the third series.

On the 20-yarder, Griffin progressed through two potential targets, TE Fred Davis and WR Leonard Hankerson, on the right side of the field before coming back to Garcon, who cut in from the left side.

Linebackers bracketed Davis to the sideline, and then Hankerson was not open against three deep defensive backs in a Cover-3 look. The Redskins’ offensive line deserves credit for protecting Griffin long enough to make that read.

“In the NFL, from what I’ve heard, you don’t get very many opportunities to get to your last read, so that felt good,” Griffin said. “Coach was happy. He told me good job after that play.”

On the 18-yarder, Griffin dropped seven steps from under center and faked a handoff. Coaches have worked extensively with Griffin on such drops because he operated mostly out of the shotgun at Baylor. The footwork required is a bit unfamiliar to him, and he also has to turn his back to the defense on the play-fake.

Garcon, on that route, had the option to continue deep or cut it off, depending on the coverage. The Bills took away the deep ball by keeping both safeties high, so Garcon cut off the route. Griffin was on the same page as his receiver and anticipated the shorter route against the deep coverage he saw, too. He then stepped into the throw and for a nice chunk of yardage.

Griffin was accurate and on time hitting Garcon out of his break, and they demonstrated some positive chemistry, too.

Griffin and Garcon extensively analyzed their performance on the sideline after they were taken out of the game. That falls in line with what we know about Griffin as a committed student.

“He was just trying to tell me to make sure I stayed focused, make sure I look at all the reads, learn how to read the defenses and those type of things,” Griffin said. “Then just me and him talking, just making sure we were on the same page versus what coverages we did get while we were in the game. A lot of the times as a football player if you only get 10 or 12 plays you want to make sure they’re perfectly right. We were just going over those plays again.”

Another positive sign in an overwhelmingly positive night.

---------- Post added August-10th-2012 at 06:50 AM ----------

ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980

So far so good. Both Robert Griffin III and Pierre Garcon, the Washington Redskins' two biggest acquisitions of... http://fb.me/1g3Dmz6jA

yeah, the collars looked retarded. They need to make them all one color

They just needed a tie to go with that color.

---------- Post added August-10th-2012 at 09:56 AM ----------

How ugly were those? I couldnt take my eyes off them it was so bad.

Reminded me of that time in HS that I forgot to bring a t-shirt so I wore an old colored shirt. We were messing around and I wore my color outside of my jersey.

One of the worst officiating calls i have ever seen. The ball bounced real high up at around the 7 yard line and the bills player caught it around the 5 yard line. Somehow, they called it a touchback? Even i was saying how the hell did they miss that??

They didn't call it a touchback. They thought the guy who touched the ball was the same guy who went out-of-bounds,

How ugly were those? I couldnt take my eyes off them it was so bad.

I liked them, I thought it was a fresh look. Also, in that pic, D Hall isn't wearing knee pads which I thought we required this season under new rules?

---------- Post added August-10th-2012 at 10:09 AM ----------

Redskins offense is going to put a lot of pressure on opposing CBs to make open field tackles. Lot of bubble screens and quick hitters

Rich Campbell ‏@Rich_Campbell

My thoughts and observations about RG3's debut: http://wtim.es/S76Blz #Redskins

---------- Post added August-10th-2012 at 06:50 AM ----------

ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980

So far so good. Both Robert Griffin III and Pierre Garcon, the Washington Redskins' two biggest acquisitions of... http://fb.me/1g3Dmz6jA

BTW, thanks for all the posts Cali and everyone else contributing. Its been great logging in and quickly being able to read so many various reactions to the game. I was really happy with the game, obviously some areas can be improved. I need to check it out again tonight on NFL network but so far it seems like a great first start to the season. We can really do something this year with continued growth.

Yes Trent got hurt but it does not seem too serious. According to Trent he was just stepped on while blocking on Garcon's TD catch (x-rays were negative)

Thank you! I was looking for something on this but had not heard anything yet. This is good news.

The collars look like **** on every team, but what do you expect from Nike? They ****ize every uniform they get. It doesn't bother me until they get a close shot on the player.
When I saw the teams come out with those, I thought it was a tribute to Sha-Na-Na! Ridiculous. This year's jerseys brought to you by the Greg and Peter Brady Collection available at Sears.

I'm curious to see this. We finally have a couple guys that can not only put on a move, but break a couple tackles. Half of Griffin's 4 completions were very short passes that were turned into 10-20 yard gains by Hankerson or Garcon. In the past, we ran these plays to Moss and he would occasionally run away from people. But I think we have more physicality at WR now.

Archived