Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Asking the Masses; What Would You Like Reported on Day 3 of Camp?

CRobi21

As some of you may know, I try to make it to training camp every year to get a first hand look at our Skins. And I know that there are many here that don't have the luxury to do so, for whatever reason. So I try my best to report back to the ES faithful what I saw at camp that day in as much detail as I can. And try to bring a little bit of camp to anyone who reads.

What I'm asking here now is if there's any player, position, etc you'd like me to keep an eye on tomorrow. If I get a general consensus from you guys I'll be sure to keep an eye on that subject as best I can tomorrow.

So have it! What are you interested in hearing about?

:point2sky

Awesome, I have always enjoyed your writeups. I honestly don't see why people want to hear about anything but Griffin and maybe the WR's. Frankly, I ONLY want to hear about Griffin. Every detail possible. I can wait until preseason for the rest of the guys, but I cant wait for Griffin. I was extremely excited back when we got Jason Campbell. The excitement it about three times as much to see a prospect like Griffin take the field. I think its safe to say RG3 is the best rookie prospect in the history of the Redskins franchise. Obviously Taylor was great, but he wasn't the number 2 pick in the draft.

Awesome, I have always enjoyed your writeups. I honestly don't see why people want to hear about anything but Griffin and maybe the WR's. Frankly, I ONLY want to hear about Griffin. Every detail possible. I can wait until preseason for the rest of the guys, but I cant wait for Griffin. I was extremely excited back when we got Jason Campbell. The excitement it about three times as much to see a prospect like Griffin take the field. I think its safe to say RG3 is the best rookie prospect in the history of the Redskins franchise. Obviously Taylor was great, but he wasn't the number 2 pick in the draft.

At the time, an argument could be made for Baugh. But it's a different game now, with different exposure.

Agree with ammo409 about o-line cohesion, who's playing where and how they look overall.

Is Larib or Monty at C

How does Adam Gettis look, at G i assume

Is Forrester an in-your-face/yeller type coach

Although i appreciate any and all reports offered though about the team in general.

Obviously Griffin. I'm not interested in the O-Line because we won't really know until they start playing with pads for a few days. Any interesting weird formations/plays you see would be nice to hear about.

I really want to hear about how guys who are coming off injuries are moving. Obviously Cooley, Hankerson, Jenkins, and THT are the big names. But the more information you have about them, the better.

Thanks and HTTR!

Id like to hear about the OL play not anyone in particular though. Havnt heard about J. Jenkins, maybe the play of backfield as well. Im jealous your going tomorrow man, enjoy!!!

Same here :yes:...not too much is being said about the O-Line so far. Saw this, though:

9. Of the rookie linemen the one I like the most so far is center Josh LeRibeus. He lunged a couple times Thursday but in the times I watched him today that was not the case. Sometimes it’s hard to get a great read on a guy; you might watch four plays of his and miss either his best or worst (it’s impossible to watch everything). But with LeRibeus he appeared to be consistent vs. backup defensive linemen, especially Chris Neild. Liked the way he was able to control Neild. Didn’t always move him out, but he could get him turned to a side and keep him long enough to help open a hole. At times Neild looked a bit too outstretched, losing his base of power.

Meriweather

-I think we have a lot riding on his shoulders. If he steps up, I think we can be in good shape. If not, I will be worried about our safety play, and it could hurt the whole defense as a unit.

Cooley

-Let us know if you think he is looking like the Cooley we all know and love. Or the bad news that he is looking rough, and doubtful to make the final 53. I hope that isn't the case.

Jarvis

-Does he look like the monster everyone was reporting last year, or is it still to early to tell if he will make a full recovery to beast mode.

Anything to do with the safeties.

Meriweather, Williams, Doughty, and especially Gomes. Who's running with the 1 and 2s, any details really.

Also, some clarification if Cedric Griffin is at CB or S. If he's healthy I mean...I know Jackson isn't, but haven't heard about Ced.

Thanks.

Anything you have a chance to put a thought on. I've never been able to see TC live, so I'm just interested in the atmosphere and all the details you care to share.

Thanks in advance. Pretty awesome of you to do it at all, much less ask what we want to know about.

I've been wondering about the tempo of our practices, the offense in particular. I know a big part of Baylor's utilization of RG3 included a very up-tempo O, and I am interested to know if we will do the same. It might be to early in camp to get a real feel for it though.

Edit - and thanks!

Running backs for sure - who looks sharp?- and hoping your answer will be they all look awesome.

---------- Post added July-28th-2012 at 12:26 AM ----------

I could care less, just NO INJURIES and im happy.

That is one hundred percent my first thought. I just said running backs because I feel like that is so up in the air - if they are all healthy is it going to be Helu or Hightower? However - let them just all be healthy when Game one rolls around!

Of course the major news will be if RGIII can handle the pass rush during 11 vs. 11 drills.

Roy Helu is my pick to win the starting RB battle. How does he look?

LOS drills between OL and DL.

How are the TEs looking?

:helmet:

First of all thanks for asking ST.

If you could report on how Hightower and Helu are looking and whether or not they are running at full speed at all would be cool. I'm also really curious about how N.Paul is coming along.

I could care less, just NO INJURIES and im happy.
If you didn't bother posting at all would have shown us that you cared even less.:silly:

Archived