Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Asking the Masses; What Would You Like Reported on Day 3 of Camp?

CRobi21

So it seems like I'm keeping my eye on everything tomorrow! :ols:

That's actually the way I prefer to watch practice. Get to keep an eye on all positions and players. Feel free to keep posting ideas. And I'll be sure to check back tomorrow afternoon before I head down to Ashburn.

:point2skyAwesome, amm0409!

I have only 3 things I would like you to take notice of if you possibly can, ammo. (I have more, but others have requests..lol)

#1) RGIII= For the obvious reasons. But I want to know how he is handling the huddle IE/ commands the huddle. How the players respond to him. Is RG3 vocally leading or quietly leading? Is he developing a chemistry this early, with the WR's? Who seems to be his favorite target or most thrown too target? Comfort zone player, if you will.

#2) WR Core= I want to know who's stepping up and not looking good. (if any) How is newcomer Briscoe looking? Is Banks getting plenty of reps? How's he looking? Who looks to be on the outside looking in? Are you getting a feeling we will carry 8 WR's again, like last year? Or do you see that number coming down to 7, 6 or even 5 because of other players? And how often are we running the Pistol formation, during training camp. That could be important information in how many Wr's we keep, since it's a 3 WR set.

#3) D-backs=What's are secondary looking like? Are they responding to Raheem Morris? Who's getting the most reps at both Safety spots? Is my boy Brandyn Thompson looking good? What about Gomes? How do the newcomers in Bernstine & Crawford look? Who looks better? How is Cedric Griffin looking? Is he playing CB or getting time at Safety like he was rumored to be put at? And of course...How is Meriweather, T. Jackson & Ma. Williams looking?

Thank you for doing this, ammo.

I know you won't be able to answer all my questions, but i do appreciate the thread and your time in asking.

HTTR! :logo:

I have been high on Royster since he was drafted. He is one of those workman type RB's. Always moving forward and gaining yards. Does he have a real chance to start this year?

Someone else I haven't heard about at all in the off season is Neild. How is he looking?

I am also high on Niles Paul moving to TE. How does the transition seem to be going?

DANNY SMITHY FIRED.

Mike Shanahan comes across hidden special teams game film in an equipment shed play, and fires Smith immediately after viewing.

Oh, wait,, I get it now.

Can you at least kick him in the shins?

I'd like to know just what sort of drills he runs,, not just kickers practicing hitting the ball, I want to know if he runs any drills at all for any other special teams skills beyond kickers and returners.

~Bang

Perry Riley. If he is a stud our front 7 is top 5.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2012/jul/27/redskins-practice-report-727/

Interesting notes about Riley from the Times: ILBs Perry Riley and Lorenzo Alexander both ran with TE Fred Davis on a crossing route. I don’t know who blew their assignment, but they talked about it after the play. Alexander is transitioning to inside linebacker this season, and Riley struggled some in pass coverage last season.

On Thursday, ILB London Fletcher discussed what Riley can do to improve his pass coverage.

“Just formation recognition, being able to react quicker as far as knowing, ‘OK, what my responsibility is,’ and so when something happens being able to react just half a step faster because he’s more comfortable in what his responsibility is,” Fletcher said. “When you can come break the huddle, recognize formations, knowing, ‘OK, the team likes to do this in that certain situation.’ His experience in the game last year is going to be so much…And he’ll be light years ahead of where he was just because of that.”

Archived