Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Olympics Thread

ixcuincle

Sorry to our resident Brits, but other than the industrial revolution part, this was a ****ing unmitigated disaster. Horrendous.

I'm with you. That was pretty terrible even by opening ceremonies standards. I think the pacing was just too slow and the need to narrate it almost constantly to explain what, exactly, was being depicted really didn't help matters.

For those that didn't enjoy it...you have to realize that this is a worldwide event and our broadcast should represent that and explain to everyone what it is all about.

I enjoyed it, and thought besides the odd part with the cell phone stuff was done pretty well.

Is there anything on Earth more boring than women's basketball?

No. No there isn't. And you all know I'm a huge basketball fan. I'd rather gouge my eyes out than watch women play it.

Watching women's volleyball. I cant believe someone named their daughter Destinee Hooker.

These damn Koreans won't go away. Get your **** together, coach.

Was just about to post the same. South Korea making a run.

---------- Post added July-28th-2012 at 04:51 PM ----------

**** that point was crazy. Wow. Damn shame we didn't get it

---------- Post added July-28th-2012 at 04:52 PM ----------

And the announcer is right. Hooker can be a beast. 'here 't know why we don't go to her as much as possible

---------- Post added July-28th-2012 at 04:53 PM ----------

Man, South Korea is starting to scare me.

The opening ceremonies are lame and boring. They're really just for the athletes. I couldn't care less. Start the games already.

I normally agree with you on this totally - but I loved the opening ceremony. Brilliant.

Mind you I'm British and it might be that some of the cultural references are a bit lost on non Brits.

Archived