Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Olympics Thread

ixcuincle

The first causality. Greek triple jumper Voula Papachristou has been expelled from the London Games by Greece for her Twitter comments on African immigrants and expressing support for a far-right party.

Twitter is evil. I just don't understand why these athletes just don't STFU and play. I don't want to hear your views or comments, just play.

I used to compete against a runner in the 1500, Matt Centrowitz. I was beating him for a whole 30 seconds one time! Another guy just missed out on qualifying for the 100m dash for Team USA that I used to run with. I outran him on a fastbreak layup in HS one time. It would have been my claim to athletic excellence!

I remember reading about Centrowitz in the Washington Post. Just another in a line of excellent HS runners from this area. Sharif Karie, Alan Webb, Ricky Flynn, etc.

I like your little anecdote. Reminds me of the time playing HS baseball where we were running the bases for sprint work and I got matched up against one of the faster players on the team, which I was not. When the count hit two, I shoved him over and took off. He still beat me, and it wasn't close.

Twitter is evil. I just don't understand why these athletes just don't STFU and play. I don't want to hear your views or comments, just play.

Yeah I can't stand Twitter. An athlete with a Twitter account is an egotistical nightmare.

Following reporters on Twitter is okay, but following athletes on twitter is a fine line. I follow a few, but most of the people I follow are reporters.

---------- Post added July-26th-2012 at 10:20 AM ----------

Japan leads Spain 1-0. On MSNBC.

Nice.

I heard the whole USA basketball team sleeps outside of the Olympic Village, in another hotel...because the beds in the OV are too small

...and because, unlike most athletes there, they are all mega mega millionaires who don't hang with the regular folk, when they don't have too.

Archived