Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Something Beautiful

Predicto

twa, is that the black sand beach at Hana? I love that place. Did you go swimming in the nearby cave? That place is magic.

Agreed. Wai'anapanapa State Park is way cool. I've had a love affair with Hawaii since I was 19 and took my first real vacation. There was a time when some airline used to advertise that were more flights booked from Alaska to Hawaii annually than any other state (doesn't seem like it could be true). There's an "Alaskan's Club" in Lahaina that's a blast!

Lahaina resort

Lahania.jpg

twa, is that the black sand beach at Hana? I love that place. Did you go swimming in the nearby cave? That place is magic.

Yes and yes and yes it is....I stayed in the water

12168_103188476365483_5701647_n.jpg

Jumbo, technically speaking that's Kaanapali resort, just north of Lahaina. The hotel on the left is the Sheraton at Black Rock (nice snorkeling and lotsa turtles there). We like the Westin, down the beach a little ways.

Jumbo, technically speaking that's Kaanapali resort, just north of Lahaina. The hotel on the left is the Sheraton at Black Rock (nice snorkeling and lotsa turtles there). We like the Westin, down the beach a little ways.

Doh! I have no defense. And I do love snorkeling. I never want to leave the water once I'm in it. My first time was in Hanauma Bay (tropical fish preserve if I remember right) on Oahu, but now I hear it's almost terminally touristy. It's been too long since I've been back, but for over a decade it seemed I went there (Hawaii) every time I had a week off. :ols:

My daughter:

DSCF0338.jpg

Jumbo, how did you manage to get that photo of the Great Wall without any smog? What, did you take that picture 50 years ago? In both my trips to different sections a year apart there was thick smog, and not just at the Great Wall, but everywhere.

My daughter:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z211/ocopeland/DSCF0338.jpg

Jumbo, how did you manage to get that photo of the Great Wall without any smog?

I was allowed on a special visa to shoot it with the first Polaroid Swinger that could do color.

She's beautiful. All the kids are. :)

---------- Post added July-13th-2012 at 09:26 PM ----------

An old and grainy pic, but this is me and my grand-niece--now 30 years old--whose 4, 7, & 8 year old daughters are each a trip and a wonder and are the current loves of my life. And, happily, I theirs while I'm living here for the summer and reconnecting with family among other things.

I have worked with kids professionally for years now, and love it even at its most challenging, but this is the first time in many years where I have a close personal relationship with kids in that age group. :)

newgrand-uncle.jpg

I need to get pics of the great-grand-nieces. I feel sooo old when I say that. I've never been a pic-taking guy, unfortunately. I've been here months now and have zero excuse. And zero camera for that matter.

Zion's Park

joebraun_obspoint2009-02.jpg

An amazing place really. Tallest,(or close to it),Sandstone cliffs in the world. And the Park is much more than this canyon too. An amazing place that's been carved out of the Southern Utah desert.

Bryce Canyon (Mine)

BryceCan.jpg

Just a small part of this place. Incredible formations there.

Canyonlands National Park

lpi7051_20-FB.jpg

Outside of Moab. Again amazing and extraordinary at night I might add.

The Uintas (Mine)

UintasLk.jpg

Some of the wildest terrain you can go to in the West. Despite the beetle kill in the forest,it's still an amazing place with hundreds of natural lakes and sprawling vistas.

Along with the picture of our planet is some of the text written by Carl Sagan about a 'pale blue dot' ... inspired by the photo taken of Earth by the Voyager 1 space craft from a distance of almost 4 billion miles. This video of images complements it beautifully.

---------- Post added July-13th-2012 at 05:04 PM ----------

A photo of Sarah Palin shooting a moose from a helicopter isn't what he had in mind.

Carl Sagan was a genius. His messages were so powerful and beautiful. Really make you take life into perspective.

Again...PCS shouldn't be allowed to post his pics because he has an unfair advantage.

BTW...nice pics ya'll.

Heck, the fact that he can share this with us so we can all exult in the beauty and majesty of the world is kinda beautiful in itself. I don't view these threads as competition as much as a celebration.

But I agree, he has a very nice eye and knack with a camera.

The most beautiful place on earth is the patch of grass in the smoking section at Bangor Airport in Maine. The first piece of American soil I touched after a year in Iraq. Imagine 30 soldiers laying in maybe 10 square feet of grass. Hilarious. But it brough tears to all our eyes. I kept a handful of grass for 4 years (by then it was mulch lol). No pic, just wanted to share!

Beautiful pictures and a blessing to read on Saturday morning whilst I babysit my employees. Bless you all!

Archived