Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Something Beautiful

Predicto

I'm tired of the political threads, and I'm too busy to participate fully right now. I need something easier to absorb.

Post a single picture of something beautiful, inspiring or elegant, along with a short explanation of why you chose it. Awe us. Show us something worth looking at.

Ill start with this. This is Antelope Canyon on the Navajo Reservation near Page, Arizona. I was just there a couple of weeks ago, and it really is crazy beautiful and it goes on and on. You feel like you are wandering down a fake movei set.

M6a86.jpg

ballet_2.jpg

My wife teaches dance to children. I generally don't get too involved in that aspect of her life. I help her when she needs it. I opine when solicited. But after 10 years, I can enjoy the beauty of dance. The work that goes into it is amazing. The love that these people have for it is genuine and from the heart. The ability to control your body in such a fashion amazes me. ^ Llook at that picture, and tell me you can focus the weight of your body on the top of your big toe.

At certain times, watching dance can move me to tears.

My wife teaches dance to children. I generally don't get too involved in that aspect of her life. I help her when she needs it. I opine when solicited. But after 10 years, I can enjoy the beauty of dance. The work that goes into it is amazing. The love that these people have for it is genuine and from the heart. The ability to control your body in such a fashion amazes me. ^ Llook at that picture, and tell me you can focus the weight of your body on the top of your big toe.

At certain times, watching dance can move me to tears.

I feel it. My first unrequited love in high school was a ballet dancer. So elegant.

This was one of the sweetest things I've seen in a long, long time. Strikes at the nostalgic part of me and reminds me what a kind and wonderful person Mr. Rogers was... and how, sometimes a good, pure, and uncynical view of the world can be profound and indeed beautiful.

OK, so this is a bit self-indulgent but I love the photo. It's from my wedding last summer and of course the beauty in it is my wife. I think she looks amazing in the shot and heck, she even came up with the idea of flip-flops for the ceremony. What's not to love? Love this shot and yup, I'm a bit of a sappy newly-wed. Apologies for the formatting snafu, I'll clean it up :-D

OK, so this is a bit self-indulgent but I love the photo. It's from my wedding last summer and of course the beauty in it is my wife. I think she looks amazing in the shot and heck, she even came up with the idea of flip-flops for the ceremony. What's not to love? Love this shot and yup, I'm a bit of a sappy newly-wed. Apologies for the formatting snafu, I'll clean it up :-D

She is pretty. Who's the dork with her?

(self indulgent is fine, and congrats!)

Along with the picture of our planet is some of the text written by Carl Sagan about a 'pale blue dot' ... inspired by the photo taken of Earth by the Voyager 1 space craft from a distance of almost 4 billion miles. This video of images complements it beautifully.

---------- Post added July-13th-2012 at 05:04 PM ----------

I need to get into my Alaska stuff and be back later, P. :)

A photo of Sarah Palin shooting a moose from a helicopter isn't what he had in mind.

This is a Parrotfish. When I first saw one while snorkeling, I almost drowned myself trying to get a closer look at it. I can't imagine the evolutionary value of having those beautiful colors. There are dozens of species, and each one of them is more wildly colored than the last.

vcA5Q.jpg

Archived