Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which username makes you 'click' when you see "Last post by _____"

Teller

You get to work. You get your coffee. You settle into your chair. You scan the Tailgate. (Let's be honest, you don't IMMEDIATELY start working.) Nothing in particular catches your eye as far as thread topics go. But then....

You see in the "last post by" column, someone's screen name. You find yourself unable to resist the need to click the thread and see what that person had to say.

Who is he/she?

No specific poster, I just look to see which threads have been locked so I can see who ****ed up. Usually the posts leading up to it are entertaining.

---------- Post added July-11th-2012 at 04:02 PM ----------

Here is a question, who's posts can be harder to read. Thiebear or Jumbo? :D

Jumbo's. If it wasn't for the typos, I'd be convinced that he looks up complicated phrases on the Internet or out of books and cuts/pastes them into the middle of his missives just to give them a little extra kick.:ols:

Here is a question, who's posts can be harder to read. Thiebear or Jumbo? :D

Thiebear. His posts have gotten much more readable, though.

With Jumbo sometimes I don't think there is anything to understand. He's like a kid who was stuck in silent timeout all day and he gets on the bus and just says everything humanly possible.

there's many, but off the top of my head re: current regulars (and very limited so no one take anything from that):

zoony

TK

Bang

Predicto

Corcaigh

Techboy

Larry

Kilmer17

Lady Skins Fan

ASF

alexy

twa

China

Yusuf

PCS

KB13

skinsmarydu

and occasionally, h_h :evilg: :pfft:

There's many more ;), but that's enough participation for now. :)

Yeah I'll agree on Jumbo as well. Either its a first row viewing of someone being verbally eviscerated in the nicest way possible or some long rambling thing that I read anyway. China always has something interesting, and usually disgusting or bizarre, up his sleeve.

It also depends on the subject of the thread. If it is something I've been engaged in or am interested in as we have experts in many fields here and its always good to read what their take is on it. Predicto and LKB for Constitutional law stuff, for example. Or them just for the lulz.

Oh and any time Predicto and HH or twa are getting into it. That stuff I can't avoid. It's like a soap opera addiction.

EDIT: I am SO taking Jumbo off of my list since I'm not on his. *takes his ball and goes home*

there's many, but off the top of my head re: current regulars (and very limited so no one take anything from that):

zoony

TK

Bang

Predicto

Corcaigh

Techboy

Larry

Kilmer17

Lady Skins Fan

ASF

alexy

twa

China

Yusuf

PCS

KB13

skinsmarydu

and occasionally, h_h :evilg: :pfft:

There's many more ;), but that's enough participation for now. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qna9n4Ba18&feature=player_detailpage

I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of being the first to say it, but in the Tailgate, for me, it's Jumbo by a wide margin. Predicto, Tj, JMS, twa, Larry, Major Harris, KB, KH and a couple of others are on that second tier. But if Jumbo posts, I read. He's like E.F. Hutton that way. :ols:

In the stadium, it's bulldog, Kdawg, and HOF44. Each one of those guys has forgotten more about football than I'll EVER know.

I'd add Predicto and Corcaigh too.

btw, how do you pronounce corcaigh? Is it like cocaine with an "R", because that's how I usually read it. Or is it more like Corky?

---------- Post added July-11th-2012 at 04:15 PM ----------

I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of being the first to say it, but in the Tailgate, for me, it's Jumbo by a wide margin. Predicto, Tj, JMS, twa, Larry, Major Harris, KB, KH and a couple of others are on that second tier. But if Jumbo posts, I read. He's like E.F. Hutton that way. :ols:

In the stadium, it's bulldog, Kdawg, and HOF44. Each one of those guys has forgotten more about football than I'll EVER know.

Yeah, Kdawg in the Stadium is like Jumbo or Bang for me in the Tailgate.

I think I find Bang saying what I'm trying to say more often than not and doing a much better job of it, then I ever could.

JMS is pretty tempting too. He's such a damned-intelligent guy, and his posts are well-constructed. But his spelling and grammar at times can be, well, a little rough. When JMS posts, it's like an incredibly beautiful trainwreck. :ols:

---------- Post added July-11th-2012 at 04:17 PM ----------

btw, how do you pronounce corcaigh? Is it like cocaine with an "R", because that's how I usually read it. Or is it more like Corky

CORK-eye.

I looked it up ages ago. Refers to an area in Ireland, IIRC.

How bout ixcuincle? Same question.

JMS is pretty tempting too. He's such a damned-intelligent guy, and his posts are well-constructed. But his spelling and grammar at times can be, well, a little rough. When JMS posts, it's like an incredibly beautiful trainwreck. :ols:

So JMS is the Jackson Pollock of The Tailgate.

I'd add Predicto and Corcaigh too.

btw, how do you pronounce corcaigh? Is it like cocaine with an "R", because that's how I usually read it. Or is it more like Corky?

It's not a simple answer.:)

FOr a small island there are many dialects. If you are from Cork itself, you would pronounce the ig at the end. So Kor-kig.

If you are from the north, closer to Kor-Kee. And the West, Kor-kuh.

Jumbo's. If it wasn't for the typos, I'd be convinced that he looks up complicated phrases on the Internet or out of books and cuts/pastes them into the middle of his missives just to give them a little extra kick.:ols:

I keep meaning to write on this matter in here (as someone who has written extensively in several venues) and often remind folks that I have all the keyboard skills of the typical soap dish. I edit a zillion times. Those long, serious (or as serious as I get here ;)) posts are really a labor and reflects my commitment to participation in this community. I am very active in the stadium too---definitely the most active staff member (most of the time) in both forums with PCS & zoony next. I also make far more short ones and funny ones than the other type, but people see what they want, usually in service to their own inner drives---the psychology is extremely strong in me :pfft:.

But I will admit, loving language as I do and being communications modes and theory are one of my specialties professionally, I do just have fun with it and sometimes use it like I play legos with my nieces (they're very creative and can get quite elaborate).

I think there is actually a lot more pretentiousness and hiding self-limitations in the "simplicity is wisdom" or "that's just wordy" stuff I often see some people toss about (whether in reference to me or in other matters). Every now and then, it's an accurate castigation. Most of the time I see it, here or elsewhere, it's not and its more about reflective of an issue in the commentator than their target.

I can be quite clear and simple and am just that on here quite often. But I rarely see evidence that the always-simple writer who yells "wordy" can show relevant complexity, detail, and meaningful naunce in their efforts. ;)

And ren is kinda right too, in her post. i do unwind a lot here, during almost every work day. Per the Mr. lonely song (loved it) zoony and TK have the best picture of my life overall of anyone on ES and they know the most about my schedule and all I do---it's almost like science fiction, i kid you not. And I even sleep too.

And I knew I'd need to add right way--which is why I hate such lists--and still sticking just with currently active regs

mistertim, DjTj (big time) SHF, PokerPacker, prosperity, SWFLskins...and I can't win so I'm quitting :ols:

Jeebus--and HENRY....how did I forget Henry....sigh..and JMS, PeterMP, aRedskin...please stop me...I haven't even touched all the Old Guard who still post occasionally (Die Hard, The Dane, Oldfan, etc)

Archived