Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washingtonian.com: Redskins’ Fred Davis’s Legal Mess: Harassment Suit, Restraining Order

I do. This has nothing to do with Cooley's deterioration or Davis' superior play on the field.

Really? So you think it's a good idea to put all of our TE eggs in one basket when that basket is stupid enough to hang around with a "celebrity broker," named Chaka, allegedly assault her (at the very least put himself in position to be accused), and then defend himself in court? And this after failing multiple drug tests and being suspended last season.

I'm so glad you aren't our GM. :ols:

Really? So you think it's a good idea to put all of our TE eggs in one basket when that basket is stupid enough to hang around with a "celebrity broker," named Chaka, allegedly assault her (at the very least put himself in position to be accused), and then defend himself in court? And this after failing multiple drug tests and being suspended last season.

I'm so glad you aren't our GM. :ols:

I already knew Davis was an idiot. It doesn't effect my opinion of his talent on the field. If he ever gets arrested (or violates the substance abuse policy again), I'll drastically change my stance. As it is, he's a talented idiot.

My post was more in response to the Cooley comment. Nothing Davis does has any effect on whether I think we should have traded Cooley three years ago when he still had value. Davis could get locked up for five years tomorrow and I'd still say we should have traded Cooley then (with the obvious caveat that there would have had to be interest in him. That's something we'll never know). He hasn't contributed anything significant to this team in years, and his health seems to be deteriorating. Anyone who says they WOULDN'T go back in time and take a 3rd rounder for Cooley back then, regardless of ANYTHING Davis does in the future, is crazy. He's currently on the roster bubble, again regardless of how much of an idiot Davis is.

Let's try not to polarize this too much. It's a civil suit for goodness sake and Chaka has clearly made a fool of herself. As for Fred, he must, by law, present a defense for himself. This is a minor thing and he's not embarrassing the team.

The suit was brought only for a possibility of a settlement which an attorney would definitely present to Fred as a viable option. Fred stuck his middle finger up to her and said "I won't settle and you won't cause me to run up attorney fees". Good for him! Attorneys study the law and are worth their weight in gold in many situations. But for something like this.............I really question why some people here think an attorney needs to be involved.

Oh, i'd give my left *** if Chaka responds to a line of questioning with "Pimpin ain't easy".

Sleepy needs to make a call...

Caveman+Lawyer+Jury.png

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury... I'm just a caveman. I fell into a crevasse 40,000 years ago and was thawed out by your scientists. Then I went to law school. Your world fightens and confuses me. Sometimes I'll be riding on a private jet and wonder, 'Did this strange metallic bird eat me for lunch? Am I being digested right now?' And sometimes I run away from my Mac Airbook because I wonder, 'Are tiny demons typing the letters I'm reading in my email inbox?' I don't know how anything works in your crazy modern era. But one thing I do know is that when my client is falsely accused of sexual harassment, he's entitled to no less than $1.5 million in compensatory damages, and $1.2 million in punitive damages."

(Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer is brought to you by Super Happy Fun Ball. Still legal in 14 states! Remember, kids, Super Happy Fun Ball is not to be used by women who are pregnant or may become pregnant. Also, do not taunt Super Happy Fun Ball.)

Attorneys study the law and are worth their weight in gold in many situations. But for something like this.............I really question why some people here think an attorney needs to be involved.

Did you read the court transcripts? lol...there's your answer. ;)

As far as saving money on attorney fees, if I were Davis (or any player making millions a year) I'd have an attorney on retainer to cover a ****load of stupid legal issues that may come up. I'd look at it as simply part of doing business in the NFL...and the benefit of having an attorney handle this for him is that it won't take up unnecessary time on Davis' part, and as mentioned earlier an attorney is better at getting these cases dismissed instead of letting it drag out for yet another year.

My daughter goes to college in another state, but she will have to fly back to the DC area for a court date in September, which is during her classes. I hired an attorney in Maryland to discuss in person with the prosecutor's office why it would be better if they didn't waste the judge and the court's time having the case go to court, and have her pay a fine instead of a court appearance. And that's just so that she doesn't miss any class time lol...she may still have to appear in court, but if so she'll have someone local to represent her and appear with her in court when/if she does.

If this were simply Davis explaning his side to a judge, that would be one thing...but these two toeheads are actually cross-examining each other :ols: :doh:...plus, why give this lunatic the satisfaction of making YOU look like you're equally idiotic?...

---------- Post added July-1st-2012 at 08:48 PM ----------

Sleepy needs to make a call...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-n35wAjB_u78/T1G-sL_peBI/AAAAAAAABJc/UZc0x2bI0M8/s1600/Caveman+Lawyer+Jury.png

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury... I'm just a caveman. I fell into a crevasse 40,000 years ago and was thawed out by your scientists. Then I went to law school. Your world fightens and confuses me. Sometimes I'll be riding on a private jet and wonder, 'Did this strange metallic bird eat me for lunch? Am I being digested right now?' And sometimes I run away from my Mac Airbook because I wonder, 'Are tiny demons typing the letters I'm reading in my email inbox?' I don't know how anything works in your crazy modern era. But one thing I do know is that when my client is falsely accused of sexual harassment, he's entitled to no less than $1.5 million in compensatory damages, and $1.2 million in punitive damages."

(Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer is brought to you by Super Happy Fun Ball. Still legal in 14 states! Remember, kids, Super Happy Fun Ball is not to be used by women who are pregnant or may become pregnant. Also, do not taunt Super Happy Fun Ball.)

:ols: :ols: :applause:

Where's the person in Fred's life to tell him "Dude get a lawyer!" Their both embarrassing themselves. Don't like this one bit. Not overly concerned but wish he got better advice, hired a lawyer and this would be an even more insignificant story (even though it's really small and stupid anyways).

Where's the person in Fred's life to tell him "Dude get a lawyer!" Their both embarrassing themselves. Don't like this one bit. Not overly concerned but wish he got better advice, hired a lawyer and this would be an even more insignificant story (even though it's really small and stupid anyways).

This is exactly what his agent should be doing. He may already have given that advice and been ignored of course.

---------- Post added July-2nd-2012 at 06:19 AM ----------

I already knew Davis was an idiot. It doesn't effect my opinion of his talent on the field. If he ever gets arrested (or violates the substance abuse policy again), I'll drastically change my stance. As it is, he's a talented idiot.

Relying or putting your faith in talented idiots has a bad track record.

Actually, it's "Cooley vs. Paul", not "Cooley vs. Davis", as damn near everyone has agreed that Davis has surpassed Cooley and should be starter. "Cooley vs. Davis" stopped being a debate last season.

Actually I see it as Davis vs. Paul.

Cooley is more of a possesion, move the chains TE and is the best blocker of the three.

Cooley also has a knack for settling into soft spots in zone coverages to provide a reliable target for the QB.

Davis is the big play down field threat who relys more on athletic ability that Paul is being groomed for IMO.

Pretty much sums it up :yes:

My post was more in response to the Cooley comment. Nothing Davis does has any effect on whether I think we should have traded Cooley three years ago when he still had value..

This is true. Nothing Fred Davis does is going to make Cooley younger or more durable.

The fact that Davis is a moron doesn't suddenly make Cooley better - he's still finished and is still not our solution for TE should Davis become unable to take the field.

This is true. Nothing Fred Davis does is going to make Cooley younger or more durable.

The fact that Davis is a moron doesn't suddenly make Cooley better - he's still finished and is still not our solution for TE should Davis become unable to take the field.

Exactly. Which was my only issue with MadMike's post on this subject. To come in here and ask "lol who still wishes we traded Cooley" or whatever totally reeks of misunderstanding the situation entirely, or just wanting to ruffle some feathers.

And she says it with all the enthusiasm of a wet paper towel...and I see she's holding the pimp cup :thumbsup:

Who the hell would WANT to hang out with this woman? lol :ols:

Well other than than Devin Thomas?

Edit: Oops almost forgot

Church. Preach. Tabernacle.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived