Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washingtonian.com: Redskins’ Fred Davis’s Legal Mess: Harassment Suit, Restraining Order

This, right here, is more evidence my friends why we should not put all of our eggs in one basket when it comes to Fred Davis. Seriously, the guy has been an embarrassment since he was drafted (and we all know who drafted him and how well his other draft choices have worked for us, especially from that draft year). He oversleeps during camp? Now, I know some will say that's not a big deal, but how many rookies, vets, at any level for any sport do you hear of oversleeping like that? It is a complete precursor to his character and motivation for playing. We have the dope issue, two strikes, four games suspended, and now a self-represented pimp-cup trial detailing all of the losers that he has chosen to associate with? This guy is a complete tool, and anyone who adamantly said we needed to trade or cut Cooley for this joke should lose fan-card rights for a month!!!

It's pretty well known that he didn't oversleep and was out partying the night before anyway. It baffles me that people can be so STUPID making that much money to not have their priorities straight. That's straight up flagellant. :)

no wonder they started to convert Niles Paul.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure that Shanahan could see quite clearly that Davis was not the most reliable fellow out there (even before his suspension) and knew he needed another pass catching, defense-stretching TE. While its far too early (and too knee jerky) to be making bold predictions on Davis' demise as a Redskin, I would not be surprised to see him on another team in the near future.

I don't think there's any coffin lid left for the Vinny era, it's nothing but nails. Stuff like this makes me really mad though. Freddy, you could be "the guy." Don't piss it away being stupid!

Sorry, but this, plus his previous body of work, proves that he IS stupid. The phrase "dumb as dirt" comes to mind. When you're smart, you can occasionally do a stupid thing. When you're just plain stupid, it's pretty rare for you to do a smart thing.

I don't want this embarrassment on my team any longer.

My first thought: Wow, a Pot-head doing something stupid... big suprise...

It looks like Fred will not be long for this league with this peek into his world.

CC has got to be loving this... no wonder they started to convert Niles Paul.

This won't make Cooley the te he used to be. Skins need another te option.

Now, I know some will say that's not a big deal...

All FD's actions aren't as bad as pulling a gun on someone, so if he continues to play well it won't be an issue.

Talking of issue why is he hanging with a man who has had a sex change (see pic at top of this page, that's a man face)?

This, right here, is more evidence my friends why we should not put all of our eggs in one basket when it comes to Fred Davis. Seriously, the guy has been an embarrassment since he was drafted (and we all know who drafted him and how well his other draft choices have worked for us, especially from that draft year). He oversleeps during camp? Now, I know some will say that's not a big deal, but how many rookies, vets, at any level for any sport do you hear of oversleeping like that? It is a complete precursor to his character and motivation for playing. We have the dope issue, two strikes, four games suspended, and now a self-represented pimp-cup trial detailing all of the losers that he has chosen to associate with? This guy is a complete tool, and anyone who adamantly said we needed to trade or cut Cooley for this joke should lose fan-card rights for a month!!!

The guy who your SN is honoring, also had some missteps in his career.

This will blow over. No need to write Fred off just yet.

Let's see how this case unfolds before we start throwing fred under the bus. RGIII was talking about Vultures, I think some weren't listening.

The criticism has less to do with the merits of her case than it does with the asinine way that Davis is representing himself, along with the peek into the circle of people he associates with.

Honestly, the dude may just not care. Hes got money, she could only get so much from a case like this and he is probably bored to tears in the off season without a jay here and there to put him to sleep.

The dude has to have SOME fun geez lol

I'm guessing Davis meant "fraudulent" but it came out wrong lol...either that, or he really did say "fraudulent" but the court stenographer (or whoever else was taking notes) thought he said "flagellant".

He's just saying that the case is so offensive it's like he's being lashed by a whip.

Well this explains the Niles Paul conversion to TE, cause Shanny knew what he had with Davis. That said....

Its just a civil case and he probably sees on TV how they handle civil court on Judge Judy and Mathis. But a smart man would hire an attorney, win the case,then sue her for defamation of character. I'm just sayin Fred...

Wow, it's almost like people think Mike Shanahan has never had a bad apple on his football team before.

As long as Fred keeps his nose clean and plays well this season, he'll be here. This case has been put to bed until March 13th, and hopefully Davis will come to his senses and hire some legal counsel to deal with this mess. But ultimately it's just some silly bull**** with some clubrat Davis' knows.

It doesn't improve Cooley's chances, and ultimately Niles Paul's transition to tight end has less to do with this and more to do with finding a talented player a spot on the team.

Let's keep **** in perspective.

I imagine Shanny made the decision to convert Niles Paul the day after he heard that Davis was representing himself.

for the Davis defenders - it just shows this guys total lack of judgment... and he is a puff away from a year suspension and 2 away from a ban.

Does anyone want to commit a 5 year $25 million contract to this guy?

Archived