Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washingtonian.com: Redskins’ Fred Davis’s Legal Mess: Harassment Suit, Restraining Order

I imagine Shanny made the decision to convert Niles Paul the day after he heard that Davis was representing himself.

You can imagine that all you want. You'd probably be wrong. It might be more delusion than imagination, just so you know.

for the Davis defenders - it just shows this guys total lack of judgment... and he is a puff away from a year suspension and 2 away from a ban.

Does anyone want to commit a 5 year $25 million contract to this guy?

Being young, dumb and rich is nothing new in sports. Like I said, Davis' has until March to get his act together. This is completely harmless in the grand scheme of things and has no effect on his play on the football field; the case isn't even happening during football season. As for the "he's one puff away" stuff, I'll wait until he actually ****s up before I start worrying about it.

Fred better have one bang up season this year. “It’s just all made up and flagellant,” kind of reminds me of that Damon Wayans character on "In Living Color" that just butchered the English language. Oh well, next thing you know we'll have one of our TE's taking a photo of their junk and...having it...posted...never mind.

Didn't he get $5,446,000 for this year? GET A LAWYER.

Snyder has a company lawyer and he plays around with a chance to play this year or get suspended???

Like that guy that on was on Judge Judy, that tried to get money back for a vet bill and then taking a check for blackmailing RG3.

Wonder if he ever tried to pay a bookie with a check?

This is completely harmless in the grand scheme of things and has no effect on his play on the football field; the case isn't even happening during football season. As for the "he's one puff away" stuff, I'll wait until he actually ****s up before I start worrying about it.

If viewed in a vaccuum, you're right. But shouldn't this be seen in the same light as "all of Cooley's injuries, no matter how slight, should be directly linked to his bad knee."? All off-the-field issues and drama, no matter how slight, should be directly linked to Davis' bad judgement? lol...

---------- Post added June-29th-2012 at 10:38 AM ----------

Fred better have one bang up season this year. “It’s just all made up and flagellant,” kind of reminds me of that Damon Wayans character on "In Living Color" that just butchered the English language. Oh well, next thing you know we'll have one of our TE's taking a photo of their junk and...having it...posted...never mind.

Logan Paulsen's looking better every day :ols:...

If viewed in a vaccuum, you're right. But shouldn't this be seen in the same light as "all of Cooley's injuries, no matter how slight, should be directly linked to his bad knee."? All off-the-field issues and drama, no matter how slight, should be directly linked to Davis' bad judgement? lol...

Only in the sense that everything that happens with these two players automatically has to be a point against the other in the never ending pissing contest that is the whole "Cooley vs. Davis" debate.

This whole thing's got nothing to do with Cooley, nor does it effect Cooley's chances of making it on the team, positively or negatively. It's just some random thing that's happening.

During cross-examination at the April hearing, the two armchair attorneys argued over a photograph of Chaka, a woman, and two men:

Davis: “As it shows, you also have your hand on his genitals. I mean why would you take a picture like that?”

Chaka: “I do not. Let’s look closely at the exhibit right here, Judge. Where is my hand placed in this exhibit?”

Judge: “I do not answer questions. . . . The witness does.”

Chaka: “Can you tell me where my hand is actually at in this photo?”

Davis: “It looks like it’s in the genitals to me. I mean your hands are on his genitals. Your hand is on his—”

Chaka: “Objection.”

Was this followed by an eye-poke, which Davis blocks with the Curly hand defense?

Didn't he get $5,446,000 for this year? GET A LAWYER.

Snyder has a company lawyer and he plays around with a chance to play this year or get suspended???

Like that guy that on was on Judge Judy, that tried to get money back for a vet bill and then taking a check for blackmailing RG3.

Wonder if he ever tried to pay a bookie with a check?

He is saving the lawyer money for pot.

Only in the sense that everything that happens with these two players automatically has to be a point against the other in the never ending pissing contest that is the whole "Cooley vs. Davis" debate.

Actually, it's "Cooley vs. Paul", not "Cooley vs. Davis", as damn near everyone has agreed that Davis has surpassed Cooley and should be starter. "Cooley vs. Davis" stopped being a debate last season.

This whole thing's got nothing to do with Cooley, nor does it effect Cooley's chances of making it on the team, positively or negatively. It's just some random thing that's happening.

Again, if viewed in a vacuum, you're right. But everything every player on the roster does that points to that player displaying bad judgement on a regular basis ends up having something to do with the team...I'd be saying this even if Cooley had already been cut and was playing for another team lol...

You know how, when people talk about RG3, they keep saying "Here's another sign that he gets it"?...Well, I guess I'm still waiting on the chance to be able to say the same thing about Fred Davis.

You can imagine that all you want. You'd probably be wrong. It might be more delusion than imagination, just so you know.

Being young, dumb and rich is nothing new in sports. Like I said, Davis' has until March to get his act together. This is completely harmless in the grand scheme of things and has no effect on his play on the football field; the case isn't even happening during football season. As for the "he's one puff away" stuff, I'll wait until he actually ****s up before I start worrying about it.

Wow - amazing. you really have no clue about humor, do you?

Thats cool.

Well, you may not care about his idiotic conduct and complete lack of judgement, but the fact is that the little organization called the NFL just loves to come down hard on stupid behavior of its players, with little things called suspensions. Fred should know about that because he has already cost his team 4 games from stupid behavior and it looks like from the transcripts he is a complete moron and most assuredly has not learned a damn thing.

---------- Post added June-29th-2012 at 02:12 PM ----------

I am chalking this up to your age b/c you just dont get it, dude.

Wow - amazing. you really have no clue about humor, do you?

Thats cool.

Well, you may not care about his idiotic conduct and complete lack of judgement, but the fact is that the little organization called the NFL just loves to come down hard on stupid behavior of its players, with little things called suspensions. Fred should know about that because he has already cost his team 4 games from stupid behavior and it looks like from the transcripts he is a complete moron and most assuredly has not learned a damn thing.

---------- Post added June-29th-2012 at 02:12 PM ----------

I am chalking this up to your age b/c you just dont get it, dude.

Yes, yes, we all know the NFL likes to come down hard on player's who are involved in stupid, frivoulous lawsuits.

I'm not ignorant to the fact that Fred's a bad drug test away from getting suspended. Seeing as how this whole thing started BEFORE he was suspended, I think it's pretty hard to jump to the conclusion that he hasn't learned anything from it. The two situations have nothing to do with each other. One effected his football career, one is something that has nothing to do with any decisions as it pertains to his football career, just some squabble with some clubrat.

His decision to represent himself, while dumb, isn't that big a deal. It's a civil lawsuit, mostly having to do with he said she said bull****, and while it'd be much easier to get rid of it if he had legal counsel, he doesn't. Ultimately it doesn't effect anything going into the football season, and it's dead and buried until March 13th, 2013.

I'm not going to sit around waiting for Fred Davis to **** up, nor am I going to jump to any conclusions about what a dude has and hasn't learned. I don't know Fred, I don't know what his thought process is, I don't know his personality, and I certainly don't know enough about him to call him an idiot based on context-less quotes on the internet. Every interview I've seen with Fred Davis suggests he's well-spoken and he comes off like an intelligent but slightly goofy young guy. If to you that means I'm "too young to get it", so ****ing be it; it's no sweat off my back what some jerk on the internet thinks about my football knowledge or my personal opinions on players.

As for Fred "costing us four games", 1.) if we won those games we wouldn't have RG3, or it would've been a lot more expensive to get him and 2.) having Fred is no guarantee that we would or would not have won or not. In any event the 2011 season is dead and buried, so how about looking and moving forward instead of stewing about **** that doesn't even matter anymore?

Things like these have a way of biting people in the butt get a clue and get a lawyer. It's not like he can't afford it but what he can't afford is any more reasons for the NFL to punish him.

How in the bluest of blue hells can the NFL punish him for representing himself.

No, seriously. I get that Roger Goddell's is only slightly less evil than the most evil person who ever eviled evily, but honestly, how the hell is Goddell going to punish him in this case?

If we're going to worry about stuff, can we at least worry about REAL stuff that might actually happen?

How in the bluest of blue hells can the NFL punish him for representing himself.

No, seriously. I get that Roger Goddell's is only slightly less evil than the most evil person who ever eviled evily, but honestly, how the hell is Goddell going to punish him in this case?

If we're going to worry about stuff, can we at least worry about REAL stuff that might actually happen?

It wouldn't be for representing himself. I got the impression that Shadowfire meant that at least lawyers are familiar with the territory and can keep things from spiraling out of control and keep their client from putting their foot in their mouth lol...you don't want to do anything that gives the league a reason to put you in their crosshairs. Who the hell knows what could come to light the next time Davis and this woman are in court? Always best to handle this as discreetly as possible...lord knows what dominoes might start to fall if this woman starts claiming drug use by Davis and he doesn't have the legal whereabouts to dismiss it quickly.

As a lawyer, I cringed when I read that Davis is representing himself. While judges tend to be a little more patient and lenient with regards to procedural requirements when dealing with a party who is representing him/herself, it is still never advisable to do it, if you can afford counsel. And lord knows Davis can afford it.

Many, many football players just aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, sadly. Here's hoping this dispute doesn't escalate into something bigger. I also hope someone within the organization reads this article/thread, and can take Davis aside and urge him to just get a lawyer already and stay focused on football.

As a lawyer, I cringed when I read that Davis is representing himself. While judges tend to be a little more patient and lenient with regards to procedural requirements when dealing with a party who is representing him/herself, it is still never advisable to do it, if you can afford counsel. And lord knows Davis can afford it.

Many, many football players just aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, sadly. Here's hoping this dispute doesn't escalate into something bigger.

Yep, exactly :yes:...I hired a lawyer to deal with a case my daughter is involved in, simply because the priority in my eyes was minimizing any possible legal ramifications for her even though everyone, everywhere, was swearing that she had absolutely nothing to worry about.

They can't, obviously. But grabbing a pitcher of juice, dumping the juice on a pimpette's head, and throwing the flask at her face which caused an injury that needed medical attention?

Seems right up Goodell's alley, especially in the case of a repeat offender like Davis.

They can't, obviously. But grabbing a pitcher of juice, dumping the juice on a pimpette's head, and throwing the flask at her face which caused an injury that needed medical attention?

Seems right up Goodell's alley, especially in the case of a repeat offender like Davis.

I could possibly see Goodell doing it if this were a criminal case, but it isn't so I think it is less likely. I find it interesting that he allegedly assaulted her in multiple ways and yet she is going straight to a civil suit asking for money as opposed to, you know, filing charges for assault with the police. Unless there is a criminal case as well that isn't being talked about.

Since this happened awhile back, I'm gonna assume that it isn't bothering the league very much. But Davis would be wise to make sure things don't go beyond what the NFL already knows. That's where a good lawyer comes in handy.

Can you imagine what it would have looked like if Davis lost his temper with this woman while in court? :ols:...

But the police report that reviewed the security tape pretty well invalidated all the claims this chick made about Davis grabbing her, throwing the flask, all that ****.

I get that to most people Goddell sits in his office, consuming the hearts of dead baby seals, drumming his fingers together and going "HOW CAN I SCREW A PLAYER AND A TEAM TODAY!", but I really don't think this a big enough deal, otherwise Goddell would've done something about it in 2011 when it first happened.

Archived