Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where are the usual ES mancrushes this offseason?

Does the Universe have to have a purpose?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Universe have to have a purpose?

• The Universe must have purpose
    • It is possible that the Universe exists without a purpose

RG3 doesn't count...while seemingly the entire board is ready to run out and have sex change operations just to be able to have his child, Griffin doesn't count as a typical ES mancrush. When the team uses three 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick to acquire a player, I think there's a state law that demands you mancrush like a mf'er lol...

No, I'm talking about those players in the later rounds who half the board never even heard of but are now convincing themselves will be "the answer" at whatever position they're playing.

Is it Minnifield?...He might be the closest thing to a typical mancrush, I guess. But the enthusiasm expressed for him is a bit tempered to really stand out as a mancrush. Where's the "Mansion of Madieu" threads? In the past we would have had at least two or three by now :ols:...Has Robert Griffin iii absorbed all the ES mancrush energy and has left little to be used on anyone else?

Where's the ol' ES somewhat-delusional spirit that takes a slightly promising player and elevates them to worldbeater status based on a 2 minute highlight video on youtube? Sometimes, I miss the days of Robert McCune and Jesse Lumsden lol :yes:...

I really hope that ES has learned to hold down their optimism until it really means something. Getting excited about a long shot like Minnifield is one thing, but hold down the praise of this team, and its players, until it has proven worthy.

Kirk Cousins :silly:

Honestly though, I think mine is Minnifield. If the reports are right, he could turn out to be more of a steal than Tom Brady (not saying he'll be the catalyst for 3 Super Bowls - of course that would be nice though :ols: - just the investment to production ratio)

Cali, RG3 has taken up every grain of man-crush left in the hearts of Skins fans... how could you possibly say he doesn't count? :ols:

There's only so much crush in a man, dude. But, yeah, I think Minnifield is the one this time around. He's looking great in shorts so far and he plays at a position we need help in. That is the very mixture of ingredients that produce ES man-crushes. It's inescapable.

Maybe it will start later then usual, like rookie camp?

If I had to pick one, yes I think you're on the right track of Minnifield having the slight edge.

I too miss the days of McCune & Lumsden. We'll for sure get one like that or to a lesser extent....Anthony Mix or Marko Mitchell.

Cali, RG3 has taken up every grain of man-crush left in the hearts of Skins fans... how could you possibly say he doesn't count? :ols:

We are required by law to mancrush on RG3, though lol :yes:...not quite the same as the standard ES Mancrush candidates of the past.

I have a man crush on Josh LeRibeus aka "Kung Fu Panda".

Kung Fu Panda lol :ols: :thumbsup:

No need to find obscure mancrushes now that we have true hope in the form of a franchise-caliber QB.

You're probably right...

Yes. lol :)

But maybe I'll start a "Oracle of Orakpo" or "Beejesus for LeRibeus" thread, just to make things seem normal.

:rotflmao:

Another good one lol...

I think Niles Paul has developed somewhat of a following. He's the 5th round wide receiver with two career catches who's going to be a HOF-caliber tight end.
Uh, I'll take Perry Riley for 200, Alex.

ES Mancrushes are usually reserved for rookies, though...

I think we used it all up with RG3. Once we made that pick, everything else was gravy. Or else ES has finally learned their lesson of mancrushing.

I've noticed that Lance Lewis has a little bit of a following from East Carolina fans because he's a "tall" receiver.

No need to find obscure mancrushes now that we have true hope in the form of a franchise-caliber QB.

When i read the title my first thought was "you gotta be kidding me RGIII??" Glad to see you address that opening statement :ols:. I agree with killer though, no more need to create hope where there pretty much was none. I only have room for one man crush anyways and RGIII got my vote.

I think we used it all up with RG3. Once we made that pick, everything else was gravy. Or else ES has finally learned their lesson of mancrushing.

I've noticed that Lance Lewis has a little bit of a following from East Carolina fans because he's a "tall" receiver.

Actually, any "mancrush" on that type of receiver I have (or any UDFA/late pick for that matter) is that successfully finding a long term solution to an issue using little resources is a huge thing. Finding the next Joe Jacoby, London Fletcher or a Rod Smith would almost make up for fails like Jason Campbell or Donovan McNabb.

I thought those usually start up at training camp. And then they get their own threads after the first pre season game.

:ols:

They can start up at any time lol :yes:...the Robert McCune mancrushes started shortly after the draft when 1) pics of his ridiculously sculpted body were posted lol, and 2) when that story came out about his military background. At that point he was gonna be the "beast that Lavar Arrington never was!!" (or stuff like that there).

Archived