Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where are the usual ES mancrushes this offseason?

Does the Universe have to have a purpose?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Universe have to have a purpose?

• The Universe must have purpose
    • It is possible that the Universe exists without a purpose

Minnifield for sure. I also think Hankerson will explode this year and actually put up the most yards in our offense (I see us having 4 wr with 600-900 yards). He's just the most impressive physical specimen at the position for us and I think we caught a glimpse in his one real game last year.

Most of my last few posts have been about Chase, pretty sure that's it.

And you say RG3 doesn't count, but clearly a lot of mancrush energy has been thrown his way.

edit: I also think it helps that there is a lot of competition. We don't need a 5th round pick that can jump out of a pool or into a truck bed become everything we dream. A few guys could step in and do well and we don't care as much which guy it is.

edit2: We drafted a back-up QB, 3 linemen, a ILB to groom, a 4th? string RB, and some CB depth. Not the best for mancrush material.

I think it's experience showing Mike Shanahan knows what he's doing and has good guys helping him get it done. We no longer have to hope a young player steps up to fill one of many holes.

Of course having a franchise QB along with team wide starters and depth means new players only have to come in and play their role rather than elevate the team. Take RGIII out of the equation and pretty much every other guy we sign has a chance but if they don't make it there's someone else who will, or we can make do and address it later as and when opportunity arises.

That being said Niles Paul now he's at the TE position is going to be a superstar in the NFL :)

Niles Paul and Chase are mine, I haven't seen much of NFL Chase outside of what we've seen on ES, but he was a stud at UVA, and I always hated his talent when VT played UVA because he was a shut down CB and one of our receivers would automatically be useless on any given play. I think he can eventually be a Shawn Springs type of player for us. As for Niles Paul, he's my "man-beast" crush for sure. Dude has potential to be a monster in our offense and a great threat on the field with Davis.

I think from what I'm seeing on the board its going to be Niles Paul (almost like a rookie - not much playing and new position) or Evan Royster. (again, not much playing time, got a taste, want to see more)

I think people like the local factor of Royster - but I'm not seeing the upside. As he's not a breakaway runner, doesn't have the speed others do, and he has an awful lot of mileage on him already.

However - whoever does the best back there - I want in!

My personal one, I can't say I have one. I've always had a man crush, liked a certain player - sometimes followed ES, sometimes not. This year I just don't have one per your standards, just maybe Helu. I think he runs away with the best rushing year since Portis.

Niles Paul at TE is becoming one. We almost all have him making the squad there, though he has same chance right now of being ineffective there and getting cut in favor of Paulsen.

The only way Paulsen makes the team over Cooley, is if Cooley can't do special teams work. Paulsen is not a receiving threat at all, and he never will be. Paul already has speed that most TE's simply do not possess, combine that with his WR skills, and he's already completely outclasses Paulsen in that regard.

The only reason why Paul might not get playing time (and even then, he's not getting cut, too much potential at TE), is if he just simply can not do Zone Blocking. But all of the coaches say he has the necessary physical tools to do it. Shannon Sharpe came down to practice, watched them, and said he thinks Paul can do it.

One other possible hiccup, is releasing well off of a chip block, but I doubt he's really got that issue.

Minnifield for sure. I also think Hankerson will explode this year and actually put up the most yards in our offense (I see us having 4 wr with 600-900 yards). He's just the most impressive physical specimen at the position for us and I think we caught a glimpse in his one real game last year.

I sort of disagree, but not in that Hankerson can't do it. But rather in the sense that it's impossible to predict. Victor Cruz had a crap ton of yards with the Giants, but Nicks actually is worth more to the Giants than Cruz is. So whoever has the most yards in our offense, that guy can probably thank another WR for seriously drawing attention and coverage away from him. Whether it be Moss's regained speed on the outside, or the threat of Garcon's playmaking abilities. Hankerson could do it, but do it because of the benefits of those around him.

Or it could be that Hankerson explodes early, and that causes tons of attention to him, which allows Garcon to gain a crap ton of yards himself throughout the remaining games because everyone is so worried about Hankerson.

I like how the Morris video mentions Riggins twice within the first minute. That's about as good of an endorsement as one can get, and from a former coach no less.

My "mancrushes" this year are probably Minnifield, Robinson, and Lewis, though it's pretty mild. I want them to do well, and am hoping for their success, but am tempering expectations. I don't really expect any of them to get significant playing time this year, unless Minnifield suddenly becomes the #3 CB and the nickel package gets used a lot.

The problem is that no one has a highlight reel this good:

The most recent "Morris" we drafted comes close lol...

Damn, i like what both Morris's bring to the table. I know everybody is giddy over RG but seeing these two cats grind some fools down in the run game would be awesome.

Hank and Jarvis are still mancrushes along with maybe LiRebius ever since his weird carnival story was posted. RGIII probably has the biggest mancrush following in NFL history which leaves absolutely no more love to be spread to anymore rookies. My personal mancrush is Terrence Austin, I don't even know why but I just like him and hope he can contribute more.

I try not to gush over people on Extremeskins though.

A mancrush is simply an outward manifestation of something long missing from the Redskins - hope. Like it or not, 99.9999% of that hope is tied up in RGIII. I wouldn't say the members of this site have learned to temper their enthusiasm for any particular player. I just think there just isn't that much room left over.

Archived