Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

39 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Its the year 2017, where talk show hosts are calling back out politicians who don't understand their own bills... let me guess, is the GOP going to ignore Kimmel now?

Happy that he returned to this issue and went back on their intellectual dishonesty.  Queue another day of right wing spin... 

Trump defending Cassidy by saying he’s not a liar sounded like a response to Kimmel. But if Trump says someone isn’t lying we should believe him right? I can’t stand gullibility, but I hate people who feed on their gullibility. 

4 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Well, when you campaign for 7 years on "repeal and replace" and in year 1 you don't have anything for the "replace" part....

I think this is more about the political donors than voters... or health care policy. 

some of us are fine with replacing it with what existed before and block grants on Medicaid.

perhaps they can reform it more later, but a reset to default settings is a improvement.

1 minute ago, twa said:

some of us are fine with replacing it with what existed before and block grants on Medicaid.

perhaps they can reform it more later, but a reset to default settings is a improvement.

Yes, default setting of less coverage while rates go up, allowing insurance companies to kick people off their insurance plans, making sure some can't get insurance, letting insurance companies spend less on health care and on and on is an improvement. Sad. Bigly Pathetic.   

• Sad 1

I'm just amazed Republicans aren't even pretending this bull**** isn't a blatant political ploy, at the likely expense of millions of others. Generally, politicians will try to hide their bull**** under a thin veil of lies and double speak, but they aren't even trying anymore. They'll gladly throw insurance markets into chaos and strip away pre-existing condition protection for millions just so they can claim some kind of political victory. Whenever I think that party can't get any worse, they stoop to a new low. Now their trying to buy off Murkowski's vote, because the ACA is great for Alaska/Hawaii but not good enough for any other state?

12 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I'm just amazed Republicans aren't even pretending this bull**** isn't a blatant political ploy, at the likely expense of millions of others. Generally, politicians will try to hide their bull**** under a thin veil of lies and double speak, but they aren't even trying anymore.

That was the nice thing about Trump. Now they know they don't have to... saves a lot of time and effort.

Black nails it. Listen to Ryan talk. Either he is a lying sack of guano or a complete moron. 
Under the ACA, a healthy person isn't  forced to buy health insurance to pay for someone else who is unhealthy. You are paying into a system that EVERYONE EVENTUALLY NEEDS. So when you do eventually grow old, or you eventually get sick or hurt insurance companies use the money you paid in to pay for your care.
Because the alternative is to buy health insurance when you need it only to be denied coverage for previous conditions.... Which is no insurance at all.

Black makes it a lot more funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

This is another character test for McCain as well. He ultimately stood against people losing insurance and he stood up for regular order. Is he going to cave on that in the matter of a couple months?

...but he has a brain tumor. He know not what he does!

20 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Trump defending Cassidy by saying he’s not a liar sounded like a response to Kimmel. But if Trump says someone isn’t lying we should believe him right? I can’t stand gullibility, but I hate people who feed on their gullibility. 

Tell a right-winger that "gullible" isn't in the dictionary...then watch them go find it...it's the most hilarious prank you'll ever pull.  Trust me.:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So basically they need 2 of McCain, Murkowski, Collins, and Rand Paul to switch. 

I guess the thinking is:

1) Rand Paul will ultimately vote for Graham-Cassidy (he voted for all the other measures)

2) McCain will vote for it because it has Graham's name on it (that seems rather cheap)

3) Murkowski will vote for it because we are going to "bribe" her with Federal money for Alaska.

4) Collins is a solid "NO".

All the Dr, Insurance, and Patient advocacy groups are against Graham-Cassidy. To be honest, doesn't this mean that ultimately Obamacare was a step in the right direction and should be kept? 

Earlier this year it seemed impossible that the country would start to elect Democrats, that the GOP would retain power... with this vote -- especially a successful vote, it seems the GOP could be reaching "peak power" this cycle, which is when they start to over-reach and over-push their bounds.  This is something that partisans really seem to care about moderates seem to observe. 

I know that in 2008 when the Congress passed the bank bailouts, and the administration did exactly the opposite intended by the bailouts... it "woke me up politically".